- This article does not include content that is active in the Public Beta Environment
- Refer to the champion's subpages for unreleased iterations.
|← Latest Patch||Upcoming →|
This is a list of unreleased content. Only official content, confirmed in the client or leaked by Riot, is listed. As development of League of Legends is highly iterative and mostly confidential, whether or not an item or feature will be released is highly speculative.
- Pending - A piece of content which is being prepared for future release.
- Delayed - A piece of content which is being held for technical or other issues, but will probably still be released in the future.
- Shelved - A piece of content that has been set aside indefinitely, and may or may not ever be released. Models and/or entries usually remain in client.
- Scrapped - A piece of content that has been abandoned due to thematic, copyright, commercial or other issues. Not likely to ever be released. Models and/or entries usually removed from client.
- Unknown/Speculation - No reliable information or the only information is indirect, speculative or conjectural.
|The Invasion of Bandle City||Unknown||Bandle City vs. Noxus is one of many Thunderdome projects made in 2015 (one example being the officially released Butcher's Bridge).|
|Aphelios||Unknown||Was accidentally revealed in the champion selection screen of Voyboy's Mordekaiser rework video.|
|Ink Mage||Unknown||Has slipped into the game data and swiftly removed. Current status is unknown. No known concept art.|
|Tripwire||Unknown||It is currently unknown what this champion was supposed to be. The only known remnants of it are 3 files found in the tournament realm files from the end of Season 6, and Season 3 for Live and PBE. RADS patch 0.0.0.191 for Live, 0.0.1.150 for PBE. |
|Unknown||UnknownSpeculation||On August 13, 2019, an update was pushed to the PBE where the Limited Edition loading screen for featured a currently unknown champion's artwork. This image is of the full, unfinished artwork, and adjusted to fit the dimensions of the loadingscreen. A modified image is available to get a better look at the details.|
A Champion named None appeared on VPBE Collection Tab. No information about the champion is showed.
|Unknown||Speculation||A champion accompanied by a swarm of insects.|
|Unknown||Speculation||A champion with a more permanent and significant pet.|
|Unknown||Speculation||A champion revolving around interactable units a la.|
|Unknown||Speculation||recall animation, Battlecast Skarner and Battlecast Kog'Maw's reveal page, as well as both and splash artwork feature an airborne champion first seen in the Battlecast promo blueprint.|
|Unknown||Speculation||In splash art, a woman with white fur, blue eyes, and short black hair can be seen together with .|
|Scrapped||Eventually released as .|
|Scrapped||Probably re-designed as eitheror .|
|Scrapped||Released as early concept artwork for.|
|Scrapped||Theme re-explored withand .|
|Ruby||Scrapped||Released as early concept artwork for .|
|Concept Art||Scrapped||Was eventually released as both and .|
|Scrapped||Concept art likely incorporated inor .|
|Scrapped||Concept art later incorporated inand .|
|Paper Mage||Scrapped||At first, it manipulated words to create effects. It then became a 'rune mage' that would detonate runes. It was scrapped for being too much of a unique source of power and because of trouble making him look cool.|
|Scrapped||Eventually released as.|
|Scrapped||Canceled because he 'didn't fit with the game's artistic theme'.|
|Scrapped||Codename for an unnamed Sand Mage that Riot couldn't get the concept just right in the allotted time.
The game did not support the VFX required, so was reworked into .
|Scrapped||In the Prehistoric grouped splash art, a shaman-like character can be seen in the foreground, either controlling one of the creatures or being protected by it.|
|Totem||Scrapped||It would have had one totem, with abilities that could be fired out of the totem regardless of his range from it.|
|Special||An April Fools' Day joke.|
|Scrapped||Re-explored as .|
|Yordle in a Tank||Scrapped|
- 'Cancelled' (again)
- A set that reflect lifetime purchases.
- Riot has bought up loads of domain names surrounding the word 'Supremacy' in relation to 'League of Legends'. While nothing is known about what 'Supremacy' could mean, a similar 'leak' happened for 'Dominion' months before its official unveiling.
|Scrapped||Canceled for 'not meeting quality standards'.|
|Scrapped||Canceled for 'not meeting quality standards'.|
|Futuristic||PAX Aus Art Demo||Scrapped||Reworked into .|
|Unnamed||Annoucement||Scrapped||Reworked into .|
|Texture 1 Texture 2||Scrapped||
|Bladestorm||Texture||Shelved||Extracted from game files.|
|Jade Empress||Unknown||Extracted from game files|
|Lunar||Unknown||Appeared in the shop accidentally.|
|Unnamed||Unknown||Several skins (including an 'Ancient Solari' one)|
Eventually released as and
|Dark Crusader||Model||Scrapped||Shipped to the PBE, removed from the game's files and replaced with data years later. There is no known mention of it being reworked into King of Clubs.|
|Russian Knight||Texture||Shelved||Extracted from game files.|
|SKT T1||Scrapped||Requested by playerbase and by SKT T1 Bang to be replaced by .|
|Disco||Texture||Unknown||Extracted from game files.|
|Battle Priestess||Screenshot||Scrapped||Reworked into .|
|Arm Cannon||Unknown||Extracted from game files.|
|Dreadknight||Files||Scrapped||Reworked into .|
|Exterminator||Shelved||Extracted from game files.|
|Unnamed||Concept Art||Scrapped||Released on twitter by Michael 'IronStylus' Maurino.|
|Cyber||Texture||Scrapped||Reworked into .|
- While not actual in-game skins, the following champions can be seen sporting their beachwear in the numerous Pool Party artworks: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , and .
- Victorious Skin Changes
Future Victorious skins may be made available to purchase for two weeks at the end of the season.This will not be applied retroactively to former skins.
- Players who earn Gold+ will receive the Victorious skin for free with a Vintage splash art.
- Players who receive the skin for free or who purchase the skin will also receive a free Chroma based on their highest rank. Currently unknown if you will also receive the lesser Chromas.
- To clarify: there is a Bronze and Silver Chroma, it's just not freely given.
- Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Master and Challenger Chromas will not be available to purchase separately.
- Splash Tweaks
Splash art is often tweaked for final touches between PBE and release, sometimes post-release (File:Kayle OriginalSkin.jpg for example). To find these iterations, refer to the file history on the respective filepage.
- Possibility of having all champions available in this mode to eliminate 'ARAM smurfs' (reroll system would be reworked)
- Riot will no longer be issuing complimentary refunds on recent purchases that receive significant visual or gameplay changes. Instead, they are now disclosing which champions are set to receive significant changes and are advising players to reconsider their purchases.
- The following champions are potential candidates for a full Visual and Gameplay Update (alphabetical): , , , , , , , , .
- Backdating Visually Upgraded Skin Artwork
- New skin splash artwork for all champions that have previously received a visual upgrade. Skins that use the modern splash art standard will not receive an update but may receive some polishing or small changes. Shared splashes will not be updated unless the skin in question receives a new model.
- The following champions are on the list (alphabetical): , , , , , , , , , , , and .
- Artwork Leaks
- Ability Icon Updates
- Andrei 'Meddler' van Roon noted that will be getting new ability icons and also mentioned that they'd love some feedback on other champions in need of icon updates. He noted they'll also be updating older non-champion-related icons (likely starting with / / )
-  - Visual Update
- Run Animations
- Andrei 'Meddler' van Roon mentioned that Riot was currently getting some work underway to improve the run animation of some of the older champions. They are targeting champs who either aren't in need of a full VGU or aren't likely to get one in the immediate future. Walk/Run anims are being focused on here since they're played more than any other animations.
- ↑ Files following proper naming scheme like other champions, referencing "Tripwire"
- ↑ Ezreal Hydra
- ↑ Ezreal confirms the Elemental Hydra concept was scrapped
- ↑ Meddler on postponed champions
- ↑ Seed of inspiration
- ↑ CertainlyT stated he'd never heard of Gavid prior to being questioned on similarities after her announcement.
- ↑ Husk - The Hive Commander (cancelled League of Legends champion)
- ↑ Xypherous confirms that Komachi is canceled
- ↑ IronStylus explains Omen's problems
- ↑ League of Legends 2014 Time Capsule OPENED
- ↑ Paper Mage concept
- ↑ Morello confirms Seth was shelved
- ↑ ORIGINS: Azir
- ↑ Tempus ability
- ↑ Ezreal mentions Tempus in his 14th answer
- ↑ Tempus on 'permanent hiatus'
- ↑ Ezreal on a Totem Champion
- ↑ Ezreal Q&A
- ↑ ORIGINS: Azir
- ↑ Yordle in a tank 1
- ↑ Yordle in a tank 2
- ↑ Magma Chamber canceled
- ↑ Supremacy
- ↑ Supremacy leak
- ↑ Battle Priestess Soraka
- ↑ Amumu and Ahri Ability Icon Updates
- ↑ IronStylus says that LeBlanc is listed both on 'Visual and Gameplay Update' section