| This article is outdated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information.
A Turret, also called a Tower, is a heavy fortification that blocks the enemy's minion waves and champions' path to the Nexus. In order for a Champion to push forward and continue its assault into the enemies’ territory, the champion must destroy these turrets. Charging minions will not be able to pass any further up a lane until the turret closest to them is destroyed. Turrets do heavy damage to enemy units. Summoner's Rift has 11 turrets per team.
Turrets will continue to attack their current target until the target dies, leaves attack range, or becomes untargetable due to abilities or items.
If an enemy champion within range deals damage to an allied champion (including via damage over time or a pet), the turret will change targets to that enemy champion unless the turret is already targeting another enemy champion. The tower will not change target if the spell does not deal damage, yet applies a Crowd Control effect or debuff.
When the current target is lost for whatever reason, the turret will select a new target—whichever of the following, in order, is found in range first:
- The closest targetable Trap (i.e. ).
- The closest enemy Pet (i.e. , , , , , , , , or ).
- The closest enemy Siege Minion or Super Minion.
- The closest enemy Melee Minion.
- The closest enemy Caster Minion.
- The closest enemy Champion.
Turret healing and invulnerability
- Inhibitor turrets have 15 Health Regeneration per 5 seconds.
- The Nexus Turrets also have natural Health Regeneration. However, if inhibitors have been destroyed this far, it would be difficult to "turtle" the match by turret-hugging.
- Inner turrets are invulnerable and untargetable until the corresponding Outer turrets are destroyed. Likewise, Inhibitor turrets are invulnerable and untargetable until the corrsponding Inner turrets are destroyed, and Nexus turrets are invulnerable and untargetable unless at least one inhibitor is destroyed.
- Turrets deal 70% damage to siege minions and super minions .
- Turrets first attacks on champions deal 105% damage .
- The Nexus Obelisk deals a flat 1000 damage every 0.5 seconds, ignoring all damage reduction and resistance.
Damage from the other turrets is mitigated by your armor - minus the Armor penetration due to the Penetrating Bullets passive.
Passives described by the Turret's Inventory items
Turrets have an item inventory that can be seen by clicking on them. Each item in the inventory explains a specific turret mechanic.
- Reinforced armor
- +60 Armor and +100 Magic resist
- Unique passive - Backdoor plating : Gains 150 Armor and 150 Magic resistance when no enemy minions are in range for attack. This makes backdooring less effective than conventional pushing. It is not tested whether traps (Shaco's Jack in the box), pets (Annie's Tibbers or Yorick's ghouls) and monsters (a Golem brought around by Syndra's Force of Will) deactivate this passive too.
- Penetrating Bullets
- +30% Armor Penetration
- Unique passive - Dodge Piercing : Turret attacks can not be dodged
- Unique passive - Warming Up : Turrets gain 25% damage each time they strike a champion (Max 75% bonus damage). It should be noted that this passive is not champion-specific, meaning it keeps stacking even when switching between champions. In other words, it resets only when attacking a non-champion (pet, minion or monster).
- Unique passive - Heated Up : After the turret is fully heated, consecutive attacks against the same champion deal 25% additional damage (Max 50% bonus damage).
Both Warming Up and Heated Up bring a total of 105% damage on the first hit, then 125%, 150%, 175%, 200%, and up to a maximum of 225% on the sixth hit and beyond. If the turret attacks another champion, only Heated Up stacks will be reset, and the damage will stay at 175%. If a non-champion (pet, minion, monster, trap...) is hit, both passives reset and damage returns to 105%.
- Warden's Eye
- +1000 vision radius
- Unique passive - Magical Sight : Can see invisible units
Turrets have 1095 sight range and 775 attack range.
Statistics (Summoner's Rift)
|Turret||Range||Base HP||Base AD||Gains 4 AD / 1Ar/MR every min:||AD Caps at:|
|Outer||775*||2550||156||starting at 0:15 mark.***||184|
|Inner||775*||2550||170||starting at 8:00 mark.||262*|
|Inhibitor||775*||2550||190||starting at 8:00 mark.||330*|
|Nexus||775*||2425||180||starting at 8:00 mark.||340*|
(* Estimated values )
(** That can be checked only on spectator mode as Nexus Obelisk is untargetable while playing)
(*** Outer turrets gain 60 bonus Armor at the start of the game, which starts decaying after 4 minutes have passed and finishes decaying 4 minutes later.)
- Damage to a turret is based on your base attack damage plus the higher of your bonus attack damage or 40% of your ability power. It is not affected by any kind of armor or magic penetration .
- Critical strikes will register against turrets. However, they are not affected by them, and no bonus damage will be incurred.
Rewards for destruction
Last-hitting a turret does not grant extra gold to the champion.
- Exceptions: from 1 to 6 gold to when he last-hits a turret. and also apply. grants him
- When an Outer turrets is destroyed, each member of the destroyer's team gains 100 global gold, and 150 gold are split among the players who participate in destroying the turret. No experience is gained.
- When an Inner turret is destroyed, each member of the destroyer's team gains 30 experience, each member of the destroyer's team gains 125 global gold, and 100 gold are split among the players who participate in destroying the turret.
- When an Inhibitor turret is destroyed, each member of the destroyer's team gains 100 experience and 175 gold. Players participating in the destruction of the turret do not gain additional gold.
Abilities that deal bonus damage to turrets
- Attack modifiers
- (only initial blow, not the AoE)
Items that deal bonus damage to turrets
Abilities that are affected when attacking the turret
These abilities are affected when attacking the turret but do not deal extra damage:
- Stacking effect
Abilities that do not deal bonus damage to turrets
It should be noted, however, that some of these abilities reset the champion's autoattack animation, and while the ability itself does not deal bonus damage to the turret, activating it right after an attack will allow for a double strike, taking the turret down faster.
Abilities that are not affected when attacking turrets
No stacking effect
- Turrets count as terrain. Any abilities that interact with terrain can trigger their effects using them, namely the stuns from and . will also drag him to turrets.
- Towers can be shielded by .
- Aura effects do not affect turrets.
- If a turret is destroyed while a shot is in mid-flight, that shot would not deal any damage.
- The 3D models and icons of the Inner, Inhibitor and Nexus turrets are different. Inner and Outer turrets have the same model and icons.