Tenacity (or Crowd Control Reduction) is a stat that reduces the duration of all incoming crowd control status effects except airborne, drowsy, kinematics, nearsight, stasis, and suppression. The stat is the percentage by which the duration is reduced. The duration cannot be reduced below 0.3 − 0.625 seconds (based on when the game adds / removes the buff). The duration of the crowd control is calculated at the time of application and does not change if the tenacity changes.
- ( )
Tenacity can be reduced to negative values, causing crowd control to last longer.
- Brittle, which is a unique status effect that reduces tenacity by 30%. and apply
- Brittle for a total of -56% tenacity. reduces the Nemesis' tenacity by 20% while at maximum stacks of Vendetta. This stacks multiplicatively with
- Brittle for a total of -130% tenacity. has -100% tenacity, doubling the duration of crowd control effects applied to her. This stacks additively with
The tenacity stat is build up from sub-stats that internally are referred to as "modifiers". For the lack of naming scheme, the LoL Wiki simply refers to these as types, from A to E. Combination of effects in the same type will stack additively, while combination of multiple types will stack multiplicatively.
The mathematics regarding the total tenacity is as follows:
1 - (1 - (A1 + A2 + ...)) × (1 - (B1 + B2 + ...)) × (1 - (C1 + C2 + ...)) × (1 - (D1 + D2 + ...)) × (1 - (E1 + E2 + ...))
For instance, a champion ownsand has at maximum stacks, and a nearby enemy champion affects them with tenacity reduction. The sum of their tenacity is calculated as follows:
- Type A Tenacity modifiers = +
- Type E Tenacity modifier =
- Final Tenacity = 1 - (1 -
Type A Tenacity modifier) × (1 - Type E Tenacity modifier)
- = 1 - (1 - ( + )) × (1 - )
- = 1 - (0.9) × (0.7)
- = 1 - 0.63 = 0.37 = 37%
- Until patch V184.108.40.206, Tenacity was an unnamed effect unique to . That patch promoted the effect to a champion statistic and added three new items: , and (all later removed). Tenacity from multiple sources did not stack, similar to Enhanced Movement. In Season Three there was an item overhaul, named item effects were introduced, and Tenacity was reverted to an item effect. In V3.01, all sources of crowd control reduction were changed to say "Tenacity" and Tenacity was reintroduced as a champion statistic.
- Until Season Three, Tenacity's in-game icon was the same as the icon used for V3.01, it shared the same icon as the Tenacious mastery. As of V3.01, it no longer has an icon in the buff bar. and passive. Between the introduction of season 3 changes and
- Prior to the Preseason of 2021, a website news post was made that announced that Tenacity would reduce the duration of knockups. However, the change was confirmed to have been cancelled.
- Prior to his VGU in patch V11.12, granted himself 30% Tenacity which was additive with other "Champion Tenacity" buffs such as Brittle.
- Prior to V3.04, granted himself 10 / 15 / 20% Tenacity.
Last updated: June 24, 2021, patch V11.13
- The biggest amount of Tenacity you can obtain is 99.265% with
- 1 - ((1 - ) × (1 - ( + )) × (1 - ( + + )) × (1 - ) × (1 - ) =
- 1 - (0.4 × 0.3 × 0.25 × 0.35 × 0.7) = 99.265%
- With this amount of tenacity,
( ) would only last 0.03675 seconds. The minimum crowd control duration prevents this.
- In comparison, Brittled and affected by . would last 7.8 seconds if the target has no tenacity and is
- Note that this amount of tenacity can only be achieved briefly with wearing off almost immediately, and with and which grant a temporary buff.