Tellstones is an upcoming tabletop game developed by Riot Games Inc..
Far from being the humorless duty-obsessed bores that outsiders sometimes mistake them for, Demacians dance, sing, and play often and as enthusiastically as anyone else. One especially popular game, played by families, comrades, and new friends alike, is King's Gambit.
A variant of Tellstones, it was named in honor of Demacian King Santon the Great. King Santon of Demacia avoided civil war with a game of Tellstones, saving thousands of lives. It is considered a duel of minds, where each player tries to commit the movements of the stones to memory while also trying to confuse and outwit their opponents.
Despite the game's popularity across Runeterra, no one seems to know where Tellstones originated. The Dauntless Vanguard play their own versions of Tellstones. One is called Silent Stones and is more relaxed training version of the game, while Drawing The Lines is used to settle disputes within the ranks.
As referenced in the story "The Weight of Expectations", there are several types of stones used for the game, each with their specific imagery.
- The Crown
- The Flag
- The Hammer
- The Knight
- The Scales
- The Shield
- The Sword
- The first source of information about the game was through Riot's trademark applications, which describe the game as a competitive board game.
- Information about Tellstones was data-mined on the Public Beta Environment in form of loading screen tips for League of Legends during the 10th Anniversary of the game or V9.20 patch cycle.
- King Santon of Demacia avoided civil war with a game of Tellstones, saving thousands of lives.
- Demacians play a variant of Tellstones called “King's Gambit”, in honor of Santon the Great.
- Despite the game's popularity across Runeterra, no one seems to know where Tellstones originated...
- The Dauntless Vanguard play their own version of Tellstones, and use it to settle disputes within the ranks.
- Tellstones was briefly shown at the League of Legends 10th Anniversary livestream events.