The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Erica Lindbeck voices Taliyah in League of Legends. She also provided vocals for Taliyah's login theme.
- Zehra Fazal voices Taliyah in Legends of Runeterra, and also voices , and 2 Brightsteel Protector. While Erica Lindbeck could have been commissioned, the decision to recast Taliyah was made to "remain as authentic to her character and heritage as possible".
- Taliyah's design hook including making her a 'traditional' mage, particularly a disruptor.
- Taliyah was originally a kind of spunky teen "Rosie the Riveter" with a huge, oversized hammer and chisel.
- Taliyah's designers considered including her identity as a transgender woman during development, but this detail did not make it to her release. It was thought to have been scrapped entirely, but Neeko was released with a quote toward Taliyah, implying that the idea is still alive: "Hmm… Neeko not the only one who changes!"
-  was combined from a "terrain mage" kit and , and the worked ground was initially designed as a placeholder mechanic for playtest.
- is an import from a "terrain boots" enchantment prototype back in Preseason 2015.
- Her basic attacks used to be trails of rocks ripped up from the ground.
- They were changed to the current ones due to raising visual clarity concerns when weighed against her abilities.
-  was the most production-intensive of her abilities (animation-wise).
- Ṭaliyah טַלְיָה (Hebrew: [ a'lija:]) means "young ewe", from Proto-West-Semitic .
- In English localizations, her name is pronounced [tɐˈli:ʲɐ:] TaLEEyah with second syllable stressed like in Hebrew; in other localizations, the stress may fall on different syllables or no syllable is stressed at all.
- Originally, her name was spelt Taalea.
- Another inspiration is Arabic  تَالِيَة ~ تَالِيَةٌ " ", feminine active participle of root -l-w "to recite".
- She's portrayed as being about 16 years old, but several timeline inconsistencies gradually arose after her release and made it clear that she is canonically older than that. Scathlocke has stated that she is 23 in the present state of the timeline.
- dubbed her 'Little Sparrow'.
- Her tribe is called the Nasaaj, meaning "weaver", from Arabic نَسّاج nassāj < Semitic n-s-k < s-k-k "to weave".
- Just as Semites formulate surnames from information about the bearer's progenitors, occupation, or origin, whether ethnic or geographical, Taliyah would most likely introduce herself as Taliyah of the Nasaaj.
- Drawing from her life amongst a tribe of weavers, she uses her powers as if she were weaving stones in a similar fashion to weaving cloth.
- Taliyah's family is part of one of many nomadic tribes that formed after the fall of Ancient Shurima by hand.
- Her father is a shepherd and leader of the tribe, while her mother is a pattern mistress.
- Before the Oasis of the Dawn started flowing again, Taliyah's tribe followed the seasonal waters around the desert.
- Taliyah's tribe worships "the Great Weaver," a force of nature said to govern the tapestry of fate and life for every individual.
- Taliyah's Myers-Briggs personality type is ENTJ (specifically 'the Commander').
- ThermalKitten, Taliyah's writer, shared several details about her on the boards:
- Taliyah stands at about 5'9"/175 cm tall.
- She is a Virgo. ThermalKitten initially placed her birthday in "mid to late September" but later mentioned it on Twitter as being September 22.
- She was canonically named after a specific, lavender-colored, five-petaled, star-like flower that grows in the rocky foothills near the Icathian border. It's called ta'liyah, "the rock that flowers."
- From ThermalKitten on her sexuality: "I think Taliyah is someone who is the midst of finding out who she is and figuring out who you're attracted to is certainly part of that. I'm sure she would find some people more physically attractive than others, but I think the thing that would draw her to someone would be who they are on the inside." In short, Taliyah is still figuring out her sexuality, but personality is more important to her than looks.
- Creating art in all forms is one of her favorite hobbies. She also likes to sing, and her login theme is intended to be her singing. (In the same vein, her voice actress Erica Lindbeck sang the piece in real life, as mentioned below.)
- She is able to speak modern Shuriman, conversational Noxian (she was actually fluent in this before she left her tribe because her tribe traded in Noxian-occupied cities), learned a little Ur-Noxian while in Noxus, and knows some Ionian thanks to Yasuo. She can also read some common ancient Shuriman symbols.
- Her favorite ice cream flavor is rocky road.
- Her favorite animals are goats, especially fluffy goats.
- Her favorite color is indigo.
- Her favorite time of day is dawn.
- She is a fast runner, and is also learning how to swim. ThermalKitten thinks she would enjoy track and field.
- In the real world, she'd enjoy indie/electropop music, Western movies, romance novels, frappucinos, red velvet cake pops, and pineapple and pepperoni pizza. Her favorite subjects in school would be geology, astronomy, and biology. Her favorite Pokémon would be Rockruff.
- Her greatest fears are of drowning and being unable to protect her family.
- DanielZKlein additionally mentioned that Taliyah is left-handed.
- was originally intended to be her canon appearance in the Freljord. However, due to the reason behind her dramatic appearance changes (contact with True Ice) being unlikely at the moment, the skin is now likely only a nod to her time in the Freljord. As of right now, it does not show up in the client's Freljord set alongside which is a canon skin.
- She and "I will follow this path until the end" (spoken by the Stoneweaver in 'Homecoming') share the quote
- " references ... why did it have to be Noxians?"Raiders of the Lost Ark ("Snakes, why did it have to be snakes?")
- " references are the scourge upon our world." "Your races are a scourge upon the world!"
- "Sedimentary, my dear references ."Sherlock Holmes.
- "Stick them with references "Game of Thrones.
- " references really are a girl's best friend."the eponymous song by Marylin Monroe.
- "Five birds, one stone." adds three more birds to the idiom it references.
- "Not all who wander are lost." resembles "No one who wanders is ever truly lost." and "A wanderer isn't always lost." (all reference All that is gold does not glitter by J. R. R. Tolkien)
- She shares quotes with:
- "Brace yourself - I hear winter is coming." references Game of Thrones.
- The scene depicted in her splash art has her on her .
- She may have been inspired by Avatar: The Last Airbender and from Teen Titans.
- Her outfit might have been inspired by the wings of Isis, an Egyptian goddess & patroness to nature, magic, family, workers, slaves, etc.
- This skin shares the Freljord theme with:
- references the time she spent in the Freljord before returning to Shurima. However, due to the drastically different visuals of her design compared to her design, it is only a nod to her canonical lore.
- The icy particles may have been inspired by Avatar: The Last Airbender. from
- The reindeer reference her tribe's background as shepherds.
- This skin shares the World Champions: SSW theme with:
- She was released in celebration of SSG winning the Season 2017 World Championship along with:
- She represents Crown.
- The idea for the
animation was thought up by Crown himself and displays his signature.
- A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- The idea for the
- She is inspired by Hong Gildong or "Korean Robin Hood", who weaves the kind of marble you'd see in ancient palaces.
- This skin shares the Pool Party theme with:
- When her passive is active, she surfs on top of an actual surfboard.
- "Get pitted" refers to a famous funny surfer interview.
became the teacher Taliyah had been looking for, unlike her people (who didn't understand her power) or Noxus (who sought to use her as a weapon for conquest).
- Before parting ways, Taliyah gave Yasuo the thread of handspun Shuriman wool with which he ties his hair in-game.
- As an only child, Taliyah sees Yasuo as the older brother she never had.
- Having heard only rumors of both the Ancient Shuriman capital and rise from the sands, Taliyah is convinced he is a threat to her family and her homeland when nothing could be further from .
- On the way to find her family, Taliyah encountered a wounded and nurtured her.
- Vekaura. Taliyah was at first suspicious of his motives but later came to trust him. When and his army came to decimate the place and find , bought time for Taliyah to help others escape. encountered both of them when looking for in
- Taliyah's LoL Voice Actress
- Taliyah Russian Theme
- Taliyah's LoR voice actress
- Inside Taliyah Dev
- Taliyah Q&A
- Taliyah's original story pitch
- Taliyah's gender development
- Taliyah Q&A
- Taliyah Q&A
- Mishnah Menachot 13:7 text: טָלֶה וְטַלְיָה taleh vetaliyah "a he-lamb and a ewe-lamb"
- The Semitic Languages, ed. S. Weninger, p. 206, 166
- Taliyah pronunciation
- Badawi and Abdel Haleem (2008). Arabic-English Dictionary of Qurʾanic Usage. p. 136
- Taliyah Q&A
- Thermal Kitten Q&A
- A. Murtonen, Hebrew in Its West Semitic Setting; Part I, p. 284
- J. Huenergard, Proto-Semitic Language & Culture, p. 2076
- Taliyah Q&A
- Thermal Kitten Twitter
- Daniel Z. Klein Ask.fm
- Thermal Kitten on Freljord Taliyah's appearance
- SSG Taliyah reference
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.