- For general information, see Minion
Super minions are powerful minions with melee range. They only spawn on lanes where enemy inhibitors are destroyed, and stop spawning when the inhibitor respawns. While super minions are spawning, no will spawn in that lane.
On Summoner's Rift, when all inhibitors are destroyed, a second super minion will spawn in each lane.
- Their gold reward starts at 60, and increases by 3 every 90 seconds. This is capped at 90.
- They spawn at the front of minion waves.
- Super minions will stop spawning shortly before the enemy inhibitor is going to respawn to prevent the inhibitor from instantly being destroyed again because of super minions.
- They're seen through the fog of war.
- Their health and attack damage increase over time, with no known cap.
- They are constantly regenerating health, which is the reason that they are most often reaching the nexus turrets with full health when they were not attacked by champions.
- Super minions have , which is a cosmetic item that indicates that they receive reduced damage from AoE effects.
- Super minions lose 5% health per turret shot.
- Super minions have 35 bonus armor and 35 bonus magic resistance. , which is a cosmetic item that indicates that they grant nearby minions (excluding other super minions)
- They deal 20% reduced damage to the nexus.
- Super minions easily push unprotected lanes and destroy enemy turrets. They have much higher stats than any other minion, being so strong they can sometimes beat weaker champions toe-to-toe. They are the reason why inhibitors are a high priority objective.
- On Howling Abyss, super minions grant 45 (+ 0.35 / 90s).
- On Howling Abyss, super minions grant nearby allies 20% bonus movement speed boost while they are out-of-combat.