Super minions are powerful minions with melee range. They only spawn on lanes where enemy inhibitors are destroyed, and stop spawning when the inhibitor respawns. While super minions are spawning, no will spawn in that lane.
On Summoner's Rift, when all inhibitors are destroyed, a second super minion will spawn in each lane.
- They spawn at the front of minion waves.
- Super minions will stop spawning two waves before the enemy inhibitor is going to respawn to prevent the inhibitor from instantly being destroyed again because of super minions.
- They're seen through the fog of war.
- Super minions have the cosmetic items
- Unique: Turrets basic attacks are modified to deal 7% of this minion's maximum health as pre-mitigation damage.
- Unique: Grants nearby minions (excluding super minions) 35 Magic Resistance and 35 Armor.
- Super minions deal 50% reduced damage against turrets and 87.5% reduced damage against other structures.
- Super minions easily push unprotected lanes and destroy enemy turrets. They have much higher stats than any other minion, being so strong they can sometimes beat weaker champions toe-to-toe. They are the reason why inhibitors are a high priority objective.
- On Howling Abyss, super minions grant 45 (+ 0.35 / 90s).
- On Howling Abyss, super minions grant nearby allies 20% bonus movement speed boost while they are out-of-combat.
- In League of Legends: Turret Defence, their old Purple Team variants featured as wave enemies.
- Its animations were reused for the walking Nexus in Nexus Blitz.
- Super Minion had different names during development: