Spirit Trees are magical trees who were altered by an abundance of spirit magic in the surrounding area. Most of these trees are situated in the province of Navori in Ionia. They are known to have existed before the formation of Modern Freljord. Because of the high spirit magic, these trees gain varying magical abilities.
A few members of this species are currently revealed. Most however have been killed or are dying because of Human interference.
- and helped plant a new Guardian Tree and make it grow.
- became the God-Willow's successor.
- is a descendant of the God-Willow through the Dreaming Tree.
The Dreaming Tree
The Dreaming Tree grew from a seed of the God-Willow, which towered over the ancient grove of Omikayalan. Cast loose when the God-Willow was tragically felled, the seed took root in what came to be known as the Garden of Forgetting. Nurtured by the Green Father,, the Dreaming Tree spiraled up, spreading the magic of humanity's desires each time the dream-laden buds bloomed.
The tree feeds on human dreams. And each dream created a bud, ready to bloom. One such bud fell of the tree when it had not bloom. From the fallen bud risen a fawn treant named. Since then, taken care of her mother and watched dreams.
After the war, many had died and many more suffered. Because of this, people stopped dreaming and started to have nightmares. Dreams stop coming to the Dreaming Tree.worry, forcing herself to travel to the world outside to help.
Unlike Treants, spirit trees are immobile, unable to physically fully interact with the world around them, being stationary on one spot for the rest of their lives. However, the trees have intermediaries that aid them in protection or various other tasks. Humans (during Spirit Blossom festival) and vastaya alike have been seen aiding these trees in the past.
Notable Spirit Trees
- The Dreaming Tree
- The Dreaming Tree grew from a seed of the God-Willow, which towered over the ancient grove of Omikayalan. Cast loose when the God-Willow was tragically felled, the seed took root in what came to be known as the Garden of Forgetting. Nurtured by the Green Father, —as many of the descendants of Omikayalan were—the Dreaming Tree spiraled up, spreading the magic of humanity's desires each time the dream-laden buds bloomed.
- The Ghost-Willow
- One of the oldest magical trees in Ionia, it was destroyed by when she was a child.
- The God-Willow
- The God-Willow is one of the oldest magical trees in Ionia, which previously resided in Omikayalan. It was destroyed centuries ago by Ivern the Cruel, who absorbed its power and became the .
- The Golden Tree of Peace
- The Golden Tree of Peace resides in the Ionian afterlife of the Spirit Realm. It is the source of all Spirit Blossoms which petals are filled with the memories of deceased individuals. The petals of these blossoms are not able to be obtained by the spirits themselves, needing a mortal to gift them back. The Spirit Blossom Festival is an event where the veil between the spirit realm and the physical realm is thin. During this time Spirit Bonds are able to be made, at the end of which the spirit petals are exchanged back to the spirits.
- The Guardian Trees
- The Guardian Trees all across Ionia. From temples to special spiritual sites, these trees are deeply connected to nature and the spirit realm. One such guardian tree that resided in Navori was chopped down by an ignorant Noxian boy. The blue sap of the tree activated the guardian golem that protected it. Trying to save the boys life, found a way to calm down the guardian, by planting a new guardian tree seed, after which the golem was pacified. With some aid from , the new Guardian Tree that resides over the cliffsides of the Navori province is larger than ever before. Its red leafs seen from miles away.
- The Weh'le Spirit Tree
- While the actual name of this tree is not revealed, the Spirit Tree in Weh'le is widely known around the Ionian archipelago. When this tree blooms, the blossoms of this tree can be used to communicate with the dearly departed.