The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
A spell shield refers to one of several effects that have the capacity to negate hostile abilities from applying to the recipient.
- Spell shield negates effects coming from champion abilities, monsters, champion summoned units, items, and a select few runes but not summoner spells and persistent effects from AoE DoT and passive DoT effects unless otherwise stated.
- The shielding can vary per case with other included mechanisms such as on-hit effects and subsequent targeting ( ).
- Abilities applying multiple instances of damage (e.g. , , ) will have a single instance of their damage prevented.
- Some abilities that have already applied onto the target (e.g. , , ) do not get blocked.
- Some empowered basic attacks will also trigger spell shield (e.g. , , ) but the damage being blocked, either total, bonus, or none, is case by case.
The following will block a single enemy ability or spell:
- The following items will be blocked by spell shield:
- The following summoner spells will be blocked by spell shield:
- rune that is blocked by spell shield. is the only
- Spell shields granted by abilities take priority over spell shields granted by items.
- Multiple active spell shields over a single unit will break simultaneously if the triggering hostile ability does not apply a crowd control effect.
- Spell shield takes priority over damage shields, crowd control immunity, displacement immunity, and slow immunity.
- Terrain displacing abilities (e.g. , , ) cannot be blocked.
- knock back cannot. attacks can be blocked, but their
- abilities can be blocked, but not her basic attacks.
- abilities can be blocked, but not his passives and basic attacks.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.