Riot Games provides servers to host various aspects in League of Legends. This includes: logins, games, chat, the RP Store, the ingame shop, etc.
To help solve the problems of high-latency caused by long distances and to avoid language barrier issues, Riot Games hosts multiple servers around the world.
*There are some servers around the world that are not run by Riot. For example, SEA servers are run by Garena, a Riot Games partner. China Servers are run by Tencent (Tencent bought Riot Games with a majority stake, becoming another partner of Riot Games).
|Server Countries||Server Name||Abbreviation||Release Date||Language(s)||Location|
|Brazil||BR||September 13, 2012||Portuguese||São Paulo, SP, Brazil|
|Europe Nordic & East||EUNE||July 13, 2010||Czech, English, Greek, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian||Frankfurt, Germany|
|Europe West||EUW||July 13, 2010||English, German, Spanish, French, Italian||Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|Latin America North||LAN||June 5, 2013||Spanish||Miami, FL, United States|
|Latin America South||LAS||June 5, 2013||Spanish||Santiago, Chile|
|North America||NA||October 27, 2009||English||Chicago, Illinois,
|Oceania||OCE||June 28, 2013||English||Sydney, Australia|
|Russia||RU||April 17, 2013||Russian||München,Germany|
|Turkey||TR||September 27, 2012||Turkish||Istanbul, Turkey|
|Japan||JP||March 15, 2016||Japanese||Tokyo, Japan|
|||South East Asia||
(SG/MY, PH, VN, TH, TW)
|July 17, 2010||English (All), Thai (TH), Bahasa Malaysia (MY), Vietnamese (VN)||
Singapore (Garena Headquarters)
|Republic of Korea||KR||December 12, 2011||Korean/ Hangul||Seoul, South Korea|
|Public Beta Environment||PBE||English||Los Angeles, CA, United States|
|People's Republic of China||CN||2011||Mandarin Chinese
Simplified Mandarin Chinese
Garena South East Asia
Main Article: Garena
Garena is a consumer Internet platform provider based in Asia. It was founded in Singapore in 2009, by current Chairman and Group CEO, Forrest Li. 
Garena SEA is composed of 5 Servers:
- The Philippines
- Singapore and Malaysia
Each Servers have it's own Headquarters and it's own pricing for Champions, Skins, Bundles, etc. Currently, Server transfer is not available to these servers.
- Indonesian server will shutdown on May 16th 2019 12:01am WIB (GMT +7)  and will be transfered to Singapore and Malaysian server. Players who transfer accounts before ID server closes will get an additional prize, after the server ID is closed the player can still transfer the account, but will not get the additional prize.
Possible Future Servers
This is a list including servers that have been hinted, announced, or have been requested frequently.
- African Servers (Frequently Requested)
- Riot based South East Asia Servers including Singapore/Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, and Indonesia (Riot Games Singapore, Frequently Requested)
Transfers to Another Server
When creating an account, the player must choose a server to use, which is usually the server to which their country belongs. Once created, the account belongs solely to the server in which was created, with the login credentials being invalid for other servers.
In order to play with the same account in another server (that is, to transfer it to another server), a transfer can be purchased in the PvP.net client's Riot Store ('Account' tab).
Generally, transfers to other servers cost 2600. RU, TR, BR, LAN and LAS servers do not have the possibility of transfer to some servers. Currently, is not possible to transfer from or to servers SEA, CN, and KR. One cannot transfer to SEA because the server is hosted by Garena, and CN because the server is hosted by Tencent, Both a 3rd party partner. The latter is due to KR only being available to users in South Korea.
- ↑ http://www.riotgames.com/articles/20110204/147/tencent-acquires-majority-stake-riot-games
- ↑ http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2447104
- ↑ http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/riot-games/announcements/platform-migration-europe#
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Silver, Kaitlin. "League of Legends Servers Now Live in Latin America". GameSkinny.
- ↑ http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=14694
- ↑ http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/special-event/league-legends-lands-oceania
- ↑ http://forums.eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=565225
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garena
- ↑ https://transfer.lol.garena.co.id/?fbclid=IwAR0TR2vqQAY0rmTAi9P0EluHswLJWTr8BEAZeoWL248uX6FTtS37CB9fFl4
- ↑ https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752874-Guide-to-Skin-Price-Tiers
- ↑ http://support.lol.garena.com/en_SG/articles/764
- ↑ http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=169187