Riot Games Servers
To help solve the problems of high-latency caused by long distances and to avoid language barrier issues, Riot Games hosts multiple servers around the world.
There are a few servers around the world that are not run by Riot. For example, Southeast Asia (SEA) servers are run by Garena, a Riot Games partner. Chinese servers are run by Tencent, Riot's parent company.
|Server Countries||Server Name||Abbreviation||Release Date||Language(s)||Location||IP Addresses|
|Brazil||BR (BR1)||September 13, 2012||Portuguese||São Paulo, SP, Brazil||184.108.40.206|
|Europe Nordic & East||EUNE (EUN1)||July 13, 2010||Czech, English, Greek, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian||Frankfurt, Germany||220.127.116.11|
|Europe West||EUW (EUW1)||July 13, 2010||English, German, Spanish, French, Italian||Amsterdam, Netherlands||18.104.22.168|
|Latin America North||LAN (LA1)||June 5, 2013||Spanish||Miami, FL, United States||22.214.171.124|
|Latin America South||LAS (LA2)||June 5, 2013||Spanish||Santiago, Chile|
|North America||NA (NA1)||October 27, 2009||English||Chicago, Illinois,
|Oceania||OCE (OCE/OC1)||June 28, 2013||English||Sydney, Australia||126.96.36.199|
|Russia||RU (RU1)||April 17, 2013||Russian||München,Germany||188.8.131.52|
|Turkey||TR (TR1)||September 27, 2012||Turkish||Istanbul, Turkey|
|Japan||JP (JP1)||March 15, 2016||Japanese||Tokyo, Japan|
|Republic of Korea||KR (KR)||December 12, 2011||Korean||Seoul, South Korea|
|Public Beta Environment||PBE (PBE)||English||Los Angeles, CA, United States|
Garena Southeast Asia
Main Article: Garena
Each server has its own headquarters and its own pricing for champions, skins, bundles etc. Currently, server transfer is not available between these servers.
- Indonesian (ID) server has shut down on May 16th 2019 12:01am WIB (GMT +7), with the player base to be transferred to the Singapore and Malaysia (SG) server. After the server closure, players can still transfer their accounts. Players who transferred accounts before the server closure received a reward.
|Server Name||Abbreviation||Release Date||Language(s)||Location||IP Addresses|
|Philippines||PH||July 17, 2010||English, Filipino||Taguig City, Philippines||184.108.40.206|
|Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia||SG||July 17, 2010||English, Bahasa Malaysia, Bahasa Indonesia, Mandarin Chinese||Singapore|
|Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macao||TW||July 17, 2010||Mandarin Chinese, Mandarin Taiwanese||Taipei City, Taiwan|
|Vietnam||VN||July 17, 2010||Vietnamese, English||Vietnam|
|Thailand||TH||July 17, 2010||Thai||Bangkok, Thailand|
China server network
The People's Republic of China (CN) established servers since 2011; totaling 29 servers, with 19 hosted by China Telecom and 7 hosted by China Netcom. Players cannot join servers hosted by a different Internet Service Provider. Each of these servers houses up to 650,000 players, but some are dedicated to different skill levels. Languages include Mandarin Chinese and Simplified Mandarin Chinese.
- Full Network Area (No network restriction)
- 男爵领域 (Baron Zone)
- 峡谷之巅 (Super Zone)
- This server is meant to scout potential players for LDL and LPL. Entry requires Solo/Duo Diamond II and above in another server, accounts are raised to level 30, awarded Blue Essence for the required champion pool for ranked. Settlement date is the last day of the calendar month, new players will start counting the next month. On the settlement date, a player is removed if their recorded monthly games do not total at least 24 (18 games in July), if they are the lowest ranked player, or no player is at least Diamond II.
- China Telecom (电信)
- 艾欧尼亚 (Ionia)
- 祖安 (Zaun)
- 诺克萨斯 (Noxus 1)
- 班德尔城 (Bandle City)
- 皮尔特沃夫 (Piltover)
- 战争学院 (the Institute of War)
- 巨神峰 (Mount Targon)
- 雷瑟守备 (Noxus 2)
- 裁决之地 (the Proving Grounds)
- 黑色玫瑰 (the Black Rose)
- 暗影岛 (Shadow Isles)
- 钢铁烈阳 (the Iron Solari)
- 水晶之痕 (Crystal Scar)
- 均衡教派 (the Kinkou Order)
- 影流 (the Shadow Order)
- 守望之海 (Guardian's Sea)
- 征服之海 (Conqueror's Sea)
- 卡拉曼达 (Kalamanda)
- 皮城警备 (Piltover Wardens)
- China Netcom (网通)
- 比尔吉沃特 (Bilgewater)
- 德玛西亚 (Demacia)
- 弗雷尔卓德 (Freljord)
- 无畏先锋 (House Crownguard)
- 恕瑞玛 (Shurima)
- 扭曲丛林 (Twisted Treeline)
- 巨龙之巢 (the Dragon Camp)
- Other (No network restriction)
- 教育网专区 (Beginner's Server)
- This server is meant for new players to the game.
Possible future servers
This is a list including servers that have been hinted, announced, or have been requested frequently.
- African server (Frequently requested).
- Riot based Southeast Asia server unifying Singapore, Malaysia & Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and Philippines (Riot Games Singapore, Frequently requested).
- Middle East & North Africa server (Frequently requested).
Transferring to another server
When creating a game account, the player must choose a server to use, which is usually the server to which their country belongs. Once created, the account belongs solely to the server in which was created, with the login credentials being invalid for other servers.
In order to play with the same account in another server, a transfer can be purchased in the Riot Store.
Generally, transfers to other servers hosted by Riot will cost. RU, TR, BR, LAN and LAS servers do not have transfers to some other servers. Some servers do not have transferability: KR game accounts require national ID credentials, while servers SEA and CN are hosted by third party companies.
- In the V4.01 April Fools' Day patch, the following undocumented change regarding servers was jokingly listed:
- All servers (except EU) are fixed.
- Silver, Kaitlin. "League of Legends Servers Now Live in Latin America". GameSkinny.
- Master's Challenge