Riot Games provides servers to host various aspects in League of Legends. This includes: logins, games, chat, the RP Store, the ingame shop, etc.
To help solve the problems of high-latency caused by long distances and to avoid language barrier issues, Riot Games hosts multiple servers around the world.
*There are some servers around the world that are not run by Riot. For example, SEA servers are run by Garena, a Riot Games partner. China Servers are run by Tencent (Tencent bought Riot Games with a majority stake, becoming another partner of Riot Games).
|Server Countries||Server Name||Abbreviation||Release Date||Language(s)||Location||IP Addresses||Publisher|
|Brazil||BR||September 13, 2012||Portuguese||São Paulo, SP, Brazil||184.108.40.206||Riot Games|
|Europe Nordic & East||EUNE||July 13, 2010||Czech, English, Greek, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian||Frankfurt, Germany||220.127.116.11||Riot Games|
|Europe West||EUW||July 13, 2010||English, German, Spanish, French, Italian||Amsterdam, Netherlands||18.104.22.168||Riot Games|
|Latin America North||LAN||June 5, 2013||Spanish||Miami, FL, United States||22.214.171.124||Riot Games|
|Latin America South||LAS||June 5, 2013||Spanish||Santiago, Chile||Riot Games|
|North America||NA||October 27, 2009||English||Chicago, Illinois,
|Oceania||OCE||June 28, 2013||English||Sydney, Australia||126.96.36.199||Riot Games|
|Russia||RU||April 17, 2013||Russian||München,Germany||188.8.131.52||Riot Games|
|Turkey||TR||September 27, 2012||Turkish||Istanbul, Turkey||Riot Games|
|Japan||JP||March 15, 2016||Japanese||Tokyo, Japan||Riot Games|
|July 17, 2010||
Taguig City, Philippines
Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia
|SG||July 17, 2010||
English, Bahasa Malaysia, Bahasa Indonesia
|Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macao||TW||July 17, 2010||Mandarin Chinese, Mandarin Taiwanese||Taipei City, Taiwan||Garena|
|Vietnam||VN||July 17, 2010||Vietnamese||Vietnam||Garena|
|Thailand||TH||July 17, 2010||Thai||Bangkok, Thailand||Garena|
|Republic of Korea||KR||December 12, 2011||Korean/ Hangul||Seoul, South Korea||Riot Games|
|Public Beta Environment||PBE||English||Los Angeles, CA, United States||Riot Games|
|People's Republic of China||CN||2011||Mandarin Chinese,
Simplified Mandarin Chinese
Garena South East Asia
Main Article: Garena
Garena is a consumer Internet platform provider based in Asia. It was founded in Singapore in 2009, by current Chairman and Group CEO, Forrest Li. 
Garena SEA is composed of 5 Servers:
- Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia
- Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macao
Each Servers have it's own Headquarters and it's own pricing for Champions, Skins, Bundles, etc. Currently, Server transfer is not available to these servers.
- Indonesian server will shutdown on May 16th 2019 12:01am WIB (GMT +7)  and will be transfered to Singapore and Malaysian server. Players who transfer accounts before ID server closes will get an additional prize, after the server ID is closed the player can still transfer the account, but will not get the additional prize.
China Server Network
China has a total 29 servers, with 19 hosted by China Telecom and 7 hosted by China Netcom. Players cannot join servers hosted by a different Internet Service Provider. Each of these servers houses up to 650,000 players, but some are dedicated to different skill levels.
- Full Network Area (No network restriction)
- 峡谷之巅 (Super Zone)
- This server is meant to scout potential players for LDL and LPL. Entry requires Solo/Duo Diamond II and above in another server, accounts are raised to level 30, awarded Blue Essence for the required champion pool for ranked, and gain 1000LP per win. Settlement date is the last day of the natural month, new players will start counting the next month. On the settlement date, a player is removed if their recorded monthly games do not total at least 24 (18 games in July), if they are the lowest ranked player, or no player is at least Diamond II.
- China Telecom (电信)
- China Netcom (网通)
- Other (No network restriction)
- This server is meant for new players to the game.
Possible Future Servers
This is a list including servers that have been hinted, announced, or have been requested frequently.
- African Servers (Frequently Requested)
- Riot based South East Asia Servers including Singapore/Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, and Indonesia (Riot Games Singapore, Frequently Requested).
- Middle East & North Africa Server (Release is confirmed)
Transfers to Another Server
When creating an account, the player must choose a server to use, which is usually the server to which their country belongs. Once created, the account belongs solely to the server in which was created, with the login credentials being invalid for other servers.
In order to play with the same account in another server (that is, to transfer it to another server), a transfer can be purchased in the PvP.net client's Riot Store ('Account' tab).
Generally, transfers to other servers cost , and CN because the server is hosted by Tencent, Both a 3rd party partner. The latter is due to KR only being available to users in South Korea.. RU, TR, BR, LAN and LAS servers do not have the possibility of transfer to some servers. Currently, is not possible to transfer from or to servers SEA, CN, and KR. One cannot transfer to SEA because the server is hosted by Garena
- ↑ http://www.riotgames.com/articles/20110204/147/tencent-acquires-majority-stake-riot-games
- ↑ http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2447104
- ↑ http://eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/riot-games/announcements/platform-migration-europe#
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Silver, Kaitlin. "League of Legends Servers Now Live in Latin America". GameSkinny.
- ↑ http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=14694
- ↑ http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/special-event/league-legends-lands-oceania
- ↑ http://forums.eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=565225
- ↑ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garena
- ↑ https://transfer.lol.garena.co.id/?fbclid=IwAR0TR2vqQAY0rmTAi9P0EluHswLJWTr8BEAZeoWL248uX6FTtS37CB9fFl4
- ↑ Master's Challenge
- ↑ http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=169187