Set after the events of Burning Tides, players take control of League of Legends champions such as , , , , , or and explore the bustling city of Bilgewater and the mysterious Shadow Isles and journey bravely into the ever-creeping Black Mist.
Featuring fan favorite champions, innovative turn-based combat, and beautiful art direction along with brand new surprises and plenty of poros, Ruined King: A League of Legends Story advances the stories of many champions in the LoL Universe and offers an exciting new way to experience the World of Runeterra.
Rise Against Ruin
Developed by Airship Syndicate and featuring the art style of legendary comic book artist Joe Madureira, creators of Battle Chasers and Darksiders, Ruined King: A League of Legends Story is the first Riot Forge game that invites you to explore the League of Legends universe. In this immersive turn-based RPG, you will have the freedom to configure your party and control an unlikely group of League of Legends champions, explore the bustling city of Bilgewater and the mysterious Shadow Isles, and experience the Lane Initiative System.
- Playable Champions
- Cameo Champions
- Champions that have been implied to appear in the game
Ruined King: Gameplay Deep Dive
Rise against ruin and experience the League of Legends universe like never before!
The first indie game from Riot Forge, Ruined King: A League of Legends Story will offer players a new way to experience the League of Legends universe. As a single-player, turn-based RPG, players will be able to dive deeper into the world of Runeterra, and uncover the mysteries of Bilgewater and the Shadow Isles.
- Explore the World of Runeterra
Players will be able to explore the world, navigating through the twisted streets of Bilgewater and uncovering the mysterious dungeons of the Shadow Isles. As players make their way through various locations, they will encounter various secrets, traps and puzzles, as well as new enemies and monsters that will be roaming around the environment.
Players can interact with their environment, whether it's chatting with friendly NPCs or initiating combat with enemies. Each Champion will have two Dungeon Skills they can use in the dungeons to initiate combat, interact with creatures or the environment while exploring. Some puzzles or secrets can only be solved with specific champions, like breaking weak walls with Braum's shield or revealing stealth enemies with Ahri's Orb.
- Familiar Champions, New Ways to Fight
Ruined King introduces a new spin on the indie RPG genre, especially with combat. While the champions may be familiar, players will get to see this unlikely team fight in a new style of combat outside of the Summoner’s Rift.
Ruined King uses a turn-based, lane initiative combat system. Champions will take turns casting lane, instant, and ultimate abilities. Champions will also have the ability to use items, as well as passive abilities during combat. The system includes a health, mana, an overcharge bar, and a turn order list.
Players will be able to level up champions, each champion will have the following stats: Attack Power, Will, Stamina, Physical Defense, Magic Defense, Critical Damage, Critical Chance, Haste, Evade, Armor Penetration, Magic Penetration, and Lifesteal.
Champions will have roles that are similar to traditional roles seen in RPGs, while also having abilities that are very unique to Ruined King. There are a number of ways players can mix and match champions to create synergies in combat. Through the Runes and Ability Upgrades, players can customize a champion further to shift their roles and capabilities to synergize better with your other active champions
- Fight in Style
Ruined King will include a large roster of items ranging from potions to weapons to ensure players can fight in style. There will be a wide variety of weapons and armor such as swords, pistols and Warmog's armor that can be equipped to champions that will change their stats. Each champion can equip a Weapon, Armor, and up to three accessories. Weapons will have unique visuals that will be visible in combat as well as when champions are exploring the environment. Items can be customized and crafted through Accessories, Enchanting, Alchemy and Cooking.
- Enjoy Runeterra’s Recreational Activities
In Ruined King players will find various activities throughout the game that can lead to bountiful rewards or uncover new lore.
- Bounty Board - Check the bounty board and hunt powerful minibosses in the world for big rewards.
- Fishing - Go fishing not only to catch the various aquatic life in Bilgewater but also any treasures that may be at the bottom of the ocean. Ruined King will also feature a Fishiary to track the fish you catch. Fish can also be used in cooking and can be traded to the fishmonger for Black Marks to be used to purchase exclusive items from the Black Market.
- Bestiary - Track the creatures you encounter and fight with information on their abilities, locations and loot. Unlock Beast Perks for defeating large amounts of specific creatures, granting permanent passive boosts to the Champions.
- Side Quests - There are many side quests that give valuable rewards ranging from items to new ultimates and legendary weapons, as well as puzzles to solve, and secrets to find.
- Battle Arena - Fight through waves of enemies to receive rewards based on your performance.
- Lore - Find lore scattered through the world for extra bits of story. Collecting lore also unlocks rewards for how much players find.
- Official Ruined King Site
- Ruined King: A League of Legends Story on Steam
- Ruined King: A League of Legends Story on the Epic Games Store
- Kingdom (Video)