The Rift Scuttler is unique amongst all monsters for two reasons: she will not retaliate against an attacker, instead attempting to flee directly away from them; and two, she continually moves along a fixed path in the river on the part of the map where she spawns. This makes Rift Scuttler the only (1) non-hostile and (2) autonomously moving monster on the map.
Unlike other monsters, Rift Scuttlers spawn with one level below the average of all champions' levels (capped at level 1). At initial spawn, Rift Scuttlers will spawn in the top and bottom river. Both must be killed before the respawn timer activates. Once both initial Rift Scuttlers are killed, only one Rift Scuttler can be on the map at any given time for the rest of the game. Respawn locations are randomly determined, but signaled ahead of time with a respawn marker.
When Rift Scuttler receives damage or is affected by an immobilize from any source, she will increase her base movement speed by 100 and attempt to run from the source for a period of time. Other sources of damage will not cause her to switch the source she is fleeing from. If she runs to the very end of the river, she will dash back down to the center and resume fleeing.
The first Rift Scuttlers spawned have 35% reduced health, 80% reduced experience and reduced size.
Rift Scuttler has a shield equal to 60% of her maximum health, which lasts until broken and regenerates a portion of its value after she has not been damaged nor immobilized for a while.
Rift Scuttler has several unique interactions with crowd control:
- She gains 100% slow resist while not fleeing.
- She has -100% Tenacity; crowd control effects that are affected by Tenacity last twice as long against her.
- Her dash can be knocked down and she won't commence it while rooted or grounded.
- The following crowd control effects and will remove her shield until she is killed, the damage of the effect is applied after the shield is broken:
|Removes shield||Does not remove shield|
When the Rift Scuttler is killed, she will head towards the front of the entrance to the pit of untargetable -radius above her location that grants a sight radius of the area to the killer's team and a brief movement speed boost to champions that cross it for 90 seconds. After the duration, the shrine will vanish and Rift Scuttler will respawn at her location after her respawn timer has elapsed.or (depending on the part of the map) and will burrow into the ground, spawning an
- Despite having attack damage and attack speed, Rift Scuttler is physically incapable of attacking a target, even when taunted. When taunted, she will get locked in place for the duration.
- If the Rift Scuttler is forcibly taken out of the river (possible through , , etc.), she will continuously dash to return to the river she was in.
- It is possible for Rift Scuttler to become stuck in displacing or otherwise herding her towards the pit, such as with . or pit, as she will attempt to run through the inner walls in an attempt to return to the river. This can be achieved more easily by
- If a blocking the fruit for up to 10 seconds, after which the fruit disappears. Attacking the Rift Scuttler while she's eating a fruit will make her run away, making the fruit available again.
drops its fruits near a Rift Scuttler, she will dash to the closest fruit and eat it,
- is unable to attack a Rift Scuttler, so it quickly before the 10 seconds is over is the only way to save the fruit from being eaten.
- Riot revealed that Rift Scuttler is female.
- If she will join him.
dances near Rift Scuttler,
- The dance will be interrupted if Tahm Kench does so, but will not if he makes the Scuttler dance while to base.
- The icon for is a purple recolor of that for the buff.