Recall is an ability that all players have, regardless of the champion they are playing. It causes your champion to channel for a few seconds after a brief delay. If the channel is not interrupted, it causes the champion to appear at their team's fountain.
- Recall is activated by either clicking on its icon in the HUD or by pressing the selected key bind (B is set to the default).
- Recall's channel is interrupted by crowd control that naturally interupts channels (such as silence or displacements), but not root and grounding.
- Recall's channel is no longer interrupted by taking damage in the final 0.1 seconds before it completes.
- Damage fully mitigated by a shield won't cancel Recall.
- If a normal Recall is being channeled, and the Empowered Recall is gained, activating Recall again will cause the channel to be overridden by the Empowered Recall.
- Recall is not visible through the fog of war, but if a Recalling champion was seen Recalling before being obscured from sight, the sound effects can still be heard, but this does not necessarily mean the channel was completed.
- When a player disconnects from the game, instead of Recalling, they will manually walk back to their base. After some time, their champion will become completely invincible.
The following table refers for interactions while the user is channeling Recall:
|Interrupted by||All item-actives not specified above interrupt|
|Spells||Usable||Barrier Clarity Cleanse Exhaust Ghost Heal Ignite Smite|
|Interrupted by||Flash Teleport Hexflash Mark Dash|
"You belong in a museum!"
When Dominion was released, Recall was remade to fit in to the game mode's fast-paced style, creating Enhanced Recall which had a much shorter cast time.
The Recall function was originally tied to alpha item that could be activated to return to base. The function was then made into an optional summoner spell, and eventually into a feature inherent in all champions., a purchasable
Since V22.214.171.124 patch, new champions and certain skins, like Legendary skins (e.g. ), have received a special Recall animation and a few have received special quotes. Additionally, when an older champion gets a visual upgrade, all of their skins are outfitted with a new Recall animation.
Since the release of folds his guns before him, while produces a chair to sit in with drinks in hand; or grows a tree and blend in with it, while produces an ice ring and perform on it., with the exception of , the Recall animations between the classic skin and the first released alternate skin of a champion differ from one another. For example,
Although Recall is disabled on the Howling Abyss, attempting to do so by pressing the key bound to it will play the animation for the respective champion or skin. If player has a Little Legend, it also uses its recall animation if it has one.
In patch V9.11, players in the Challenger rank of the league system were given special, golden particles for their Recall animation. These particles would only be visibly golden for the 'regular' Recall but not for Empowered Recall nor the minimap representation of Recall. Additionally, this special Recall animation would play in all unranked queues and ranked queues, but only in the particular ranked queue they are Challenger in (be it Solo/Duo Queue or Flex Queue).
- The second icon of Recall was modified for several game assets.
- It was previously possible for champions with abilities that make them dash to an enemy champion to follow an enemy that has just finished Recalling and teleported to base, making the champion fly all the way to the enemy base.
- Projectiles will still do so.
- If you Recall while the Nexus is destroyed, the camera will attempt to center on your champion rather than the exploding Nexus.
- When was first remade, an oversight allowed him to use Recall to trigger his passive, so he could refresh the cooldown of all of his abilities by simply rapidly pressing the Recall key.
- and are the first champions to be able to interact and affect Recall mechanically.
- In Teamfight Tactics Set 3, the animation for the when three Mech-Pilot units merge into the Super-Mech is borrowed from Recall.
- Related Videos