Rapid Firecannon, or often shortened to RFC, is an attack speed weapon that doubles the effective attack range of the user. This not only increase the damage output of the equipped champion, but also provides a defensive advantage to them. A champion's damage output is increased through the raw attack speed the item gives, and the fact they need to reposition less, allowing them to attack more. The defensive advantage is given by letting the champion hide further back away from enemies.
- The added range allows the user to reposition less and attack more. Ranged champions and those that into ranged can enjoy more safety against melee enemies.
- Some champions have a limited range on their ability, making the attack range increase detrimental to their effectiveness. These champions are: Ahri, Akali, Darius, Evelynn, Garen, Katarina, Kennen, Mordekaiser, Morgana, and Swain.
- Camille will leap to the target affected by her special ability. This makes the unique passive from this item mostly useless.
- Graves will shoot targets at a further distance away, and the pellets will travel 1 hex beyond that. Furthermore, the angle of his attack cone will reduce with each Rapid Firecannon.
- Jayce will transform and receive the bonus attack speed, but won't hit and stun an enemy as he normally does with his special ability.
- Rengar always leaps to melee range when he uses his special ability, making the unique passive from this item mostly useless.