|“||"I'm so good I surprise myself!"|
Ranked is a Constructed game mode in Legends of Runeterra that, gameplay-wise, is the same as Casual, having Standard deckbuilding rules. Unlike Casual however, in ranked one can gain or lose League Points by winning or losing, and move up or down in Rank.
Tiers and Division
There are 7 tiers, ordered: Iron, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond and Master.
Within each tier are numbered divisions, namely I, II, III and IV. The lower the division within a given tier, the closer each player is to the next tier. By earning enough points in Silver I, a player will be promoted to Gold IV.
Master tier functions a bit differently than the rest of the ranked system. It doesn't have divisions. Within the Master tier, players are ranked by Matchmaking Rating (MMR) from highest to lowest.
Since patch 1.4, players get an initial amount of LP based on their MMR when entering Masters and are able to see their current Masters LP.
Players earn League Points (LP) by winning ranked matches in LoR, and lose points when lose ranked games. LP represents a numerical value from 1 to 100 that will rise and fall within a division based on your wins and losses. Once player LP exceed 100, they will climb to the next division, or the next tier.
In tie games, both players gain a small amount of LP.
Promotion and Demotion
Promotion is when the player moves from a lower tier/division to a higher one. Players who exceed 100 LP will get a promote. After getting a promote, the player LP is set to 10.
Player demote from a division when lose a game at 0 LP. As long as player has any LP, they won't demote from a lost match.
Players can demote from a higher division to a lower one, but they can't demote to a lower tier.
End of Season
Each season lasts every two months. At the end of season, ranks will be partially reset for the new season.
- Master accounts will reset to Platinum 4, regardless of how much LP they have.
- Diamond and Platinum accounts will drop 750 LP.
- Gold and Silver accounts will drop 675 LP.
- Bronze and Iron accounts will reset to Iron IV.
A Ranked season starts whenever a new expansion is released and shares its name.
- Season of Plunder and Season of Fortune does not match this rule. They both occurred between Rising Tides and Call of the Mountain expansion.
- A unique icon at the end of season based on their rank of the season.
- A regalia around the player icon based on their current rank.
- If they become the top 700 players in their region, they also get to join a Seasonal Tournament at the end of the season.
- From V1.16, players can earn and Prismatic cards on their Rank.
- Players could play ranked during the game's Open Beta. When the game was released, the season ended. This season was called Beta Season.
- The first season, Season of Plunder, begun at April 30, 2020 and ended at June 23, 2020.
- The second season, Season of Fortune, began at June 24, 2020.
- The third season, Call of the Mountain Ranked season, began at August 26, 2020.
- The fourth season, Monuments of Power, began at October 2020.
- The fifth season, Cosmic Creation, began at December 16th, 2020.