The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- While was the first champion whose name starts with Q, the then only remaining unused letter in the alphabet regarding champion names prior to her release, Qiyana's release made it so there were at least 2 champions starting with each letter of the alphabet.
- Qiyana dabs if she uses any emote within 10 seconds of a takedown.
- Qiyana resembles Scottish Gaelic "far, distant" < ianProto-Celtic *kʷēnos < PIE *kʷyeh₁- "rest (v. & n.)"
- Qiyana is the strongest among her 10 sisters and this might be referring to '1v9,’ a common player term used when both having bad teammates and enemies.
- Qiyana is voiced by Montse Hernandez.
- Qiyana's gameplay hook is based around picking up the various elements around the map and using them.
- Influences for Qiyana include various rappers, telenovela villains and Zsa Zsa Gabor.
- Qiyana's placeholder model in development was a recolored  .
- One of the original visual directions for Qiyana was for her to be from a new race of metal people from a new continent.
- Visual goals for Qiyana included her being a female AD assassin as well as a cute yet evil champion, due both opportunity spaces previously lacking.
- Qiyana's visual design is possibly influenced by from .
- Qiyana's placeholder name in development was EleRivenBlade.
- In development,  river enchantment was her stealth and the grass enchantment was her root.
- In development, Qiyana was able to control fire but was scrapped due to the lack of fire on Summoner's Rift.
- An iteration of  allowed Qiyana to explode the entire river.
- Early iterations of Qiyana had her changing weapons depending on the element she had but was dropped due to issues with sustainability.
- "Empress of the Elements" is a self proclaimed title Qiyana gave herself, she is only a princess in Ixtal.
- Qiyana is 20 years old.
- She was 7 years old when she mastered advanced elemental techniques.
- Qiyana speaks 'Ixtali' dialect in some of her quotes:
- "In Ixtal we call them cao-mul: soon to be mud."
- "Saal yun esqu'uña!"
- "You dare raise a hand against your rightful ruler? Estem qa'eve!"
- Qiyana implies that there is a common misnomer for her weapon: The
- "It's not a ring blade, it's an ohmlatl! Idiots."
- "Say 'ring blade' one more time!"
- In her splash art Qiyana can be seen using her ultimate ability, .
- This skin shares the Arcade theme with:
- can be seen in the background of her splash art, about to slide down a pole similar to Mario when he completes a level.
- Her appearance was inspired by a fan-made gender-bent version of Bowser known as Bowsette from the Mario franchise. (Needs source)
- Her splash art background also references opening worlds of Super Mario games.
- Her backstory is possibly inspired by Princess Peach from the same franchise.
- This skin shares the True Damage theme with:
- Her Diamond crystals. When using the crystals change to Aquamarines, Rose Quartz, or Topaz. has
- Becky G sings for her in GIANTS, she also performed at the 2019 Worlds Grand Finals Opening Ceremony.
- This skin shares the True Damage theme with:
- This skin was done in collaboration with Louis Vuitton. The clothing design is based on the Resort 2020 Louis Vuitton collection.
- Her Diamond crystals. When using the crystals change to Sapphires, Rubies, or Emeralds. has
- This skin shares the Battle Queens theme with:
- Qiyana's parents neglected her due to her being the youngest of her 9 sisters, and thus farthest from the throne.
- As a result of her parent's preferential treatment, Qiyana does not have a good relationship with her siblings.
- Inessa, the eldest daughter and 12 years Qiyana's senior, sought to humble her by besting her in ritual combat, but was instead defeated and crippled.
- Mara, the youngest of Qiyana's elder sisters, conceded her prefectship over Tikras after Qiyana exposed the hidden paths between villages in Ixtal.
- The Piltovan raid that followed killed about half the populace, and nearly Mara herself.
- Unbeknownst to Mara, Qiyana planned the entire ordeal in order to take over as prefect, amassing additional power and support from Ixtal citizens.
- Qiyana Dabs
- Matasović , R. Etymological Dictionary of Proto-Celtic, p. 177
- Qiyana Voice Actress
- Reav3 on Qiyana's Gameplay Hook
- JohnODyin on Qiyana Influences
- Danky on Qiyana's Placeholder Model
- Reav3 on Qiyana's Visuals
- Novalas on Qiyana's Development
- Novalas on Qiyana's Enchantments
- Novalas on Fire Qiyana
- Novalas on Scrapped Qiyana Spells
- Lonewingy on Qiyana Concepts
- Reav3 on Qiyana's Title
- Reav3 on Qiyana's Age
- JohnODyin on Qiyana's Parents
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.