- Pyke is one of 18 champions without a single ability power ratio on any ability: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- Pyke's name is a pun on the 
and the , both from root *(s)pey- "sharp, pointy stick".
- Namely, Pyke, the capital of the Iron Islands, an island state within the continent of Westeros; Pyke's inhabitants also worship a deity called "the Drowned God".
- Pyke will play his critical strike animation when applying bonus damage.
- Bone Skewer can be toggled to stop glowing with the Toggle key bind (default [Ctrl] + ). It will revert to glowing at 1:00 or whenever he respawns.
- Pyke's dance references the traditional
- A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- He shares this dance with .
- Bone Skewer's shape is possibly based on those of -heads carved from , , & , though his is made of metal and magnified to be effective against gigantic in-universe sea-monsters.
- Pyke is the second champion in the game whose health can not be improved except through growth per level, the first one being .
- Pyke quite coincidentally shares his name with a in George R.R. Martin's novel series .
- gold efficient.
- 1 HP = 2.66... gold. (calculated with . 400g / 150hp = 2.66)
- 1 AD = 35 gold. (calculate with . 350g / 10ad = 35g)
- AD/HP (35 / 2.66) = 13.125 (this is to find where AD=HP, meaning 13.125 HP is equal to 1 AD. The equation would be 13.75[HP] = [AD])
- Pyke's passive converts every 14 bonus hp into 1 ad. so if you divide 13.125 by 14, you get 0.9375, meaning each bonus HP you buy is only 93.75% the gold value you get for each AD.
- 100% efficiency would be 8 AD for every 105 HP.
- Pyke's teaser showed him with a different bandanna design than the one he was released with, which was for in-game visual clarity. A later change was made to both himself and his emote to reflect the teaser.
- Pyke's placeholder model was a black colored .
- Some of Pyke's possible names were Shar and Jaull, the type of fish that ate him.
- Pyke's codenames were AssassinSupport and ThiefSupport.
- Some of Pyke's scrapped spells include:
- Permanent invisibility if he was in vision range of an ally and not in combat.
- A like ability that worked off of his own team's damage.
- A dash that any enemy you struck, and would reset if you hit 2 or more enemies.
- A kidnap spell that would place a marker on the ground, and then reactivate within a window to dash in a direction, if he had hit an enemy he would teleport them back as well.
- A spell that would hold net charges that could be connected in order to create a free form trap.
- Inspirations for Pyke include various horror movies like  , , , and , as well as , from , and from .
- Various thematics that could've been taken with Pyke include an undead Yordle from the Shadow Isles and a sand wraith from Shurima .
- During development  was tested to refresh if executed a target.
- Pyke originally had a fishing net cape and would cause  to leave behind the hooks of his net.
- Pyke originally had two weapons, a sickle and a harpoon, but the sickle was removed in order to simplify the champion and avoid confusing players into thinking he had a hook spell.
- Ironically was added later in development.
- Pyke was not resurrected by Nagakabouros or the Shadow Isles Black Mist. He was resurrected by the magic of the Jaull fish.
- Pyke is part ocean now, he can magically turn into and swim between the air. When he's in this state, he sees the real world as "underwater".
- Pyke believes that before drowning he was a sailor aboard The Terror however no one has records of that vessel. Since Pyke's list keeps increasing (usually before killing someone) it's likely that The Terror is a fabrication from his own broken mind, and a way for whatever gave him his powers to keep Pyke interested in killing people.
- The ship he was a sailor of was a different one, with one known member being Lars whom Pyke later killed.
- Terror of the Tides may be related to or even the same as The Terror.
- Despite similarities to  lore, Riot decided to keep Pyke's lore the same because they felt there was enough room for two deep sea revenants that desired revenge.
- Pyke is half Buhru islander and half immigrant. His mother was from the Serpent Isles and his father immigrated to Bilgewater from the Freljord or the outer territories of Noxus.
- His favorite food is salted pork and his favorite beverage is red wine cut with salt water.
- The 'Swimming City' mentioned by Pyke multiple times is noted as being a very real thing, a city that literally swims and never stays in the same place. This is noted because Pyke is stated to never lie.
- "Did I 'support' right?" alludes to the conception that supports aren't allowed to take kills normally unless needed to.
- "What's worth more? A pound of flesh or a gallon of blood?" references , during which Shylock demands a pound of flesh from Antonio (later on its ruled in court that he cannot spill a drop of blood, as his contract with Antonio specifically states a pound of flesh—not blood).
- "I want to watch the world drown." is a play on a quote from ("Some men just want to watch the world burn.")
- Pyke is the third champion to receive ping-related voice lines, the first two being and .
- "You get a snake! And you get a snake! Everybody gets a snake!" references .
- "Why are you running?!" quotes the Nigerian film Pretty Liars.
- "We've got a city to burn." quotes .
- "MAKE ME FEEL ALIVE AGAIN." quotes the enigmatic Grey Fox from Metal Gear Solid.
- His creature is nicknamed Nensi.
- His splash art has numerous specific cameo trinkets from all of Victor '3rdColossus' Maury previously developed splash arts, such as:
- chest design and Demacian crest.
- Original Gangplank's face and sword engraving (fan made splash art).
- heart crystal.
- visor piece.
- bird mount tooth.
- collar button.
- piece of body.
- pressure indicator.
- spade decoration.
- This skin shares the Guardian of the Sands theme with:
- In his splash art, a Shuriman can be seen in the background.
- His appearance was inspired by from the series.
- The color scheme of his Sapphire chroma shares a striking resemblance to from and his weapon .
- This skin is a nod to one of the possible thematics Riot explored with Pyke, a sand wraith from Shurima.
- This skin shares the Blood Moon theme with:
- The mask he is wearing references the ones used in Japanese theater.
- This skin shares the PROJECT theme with:
- can be seen in the background of his splash art.
-  and are both on Pyke's list, both being captains.
- ↑ Pyke's name etymology
- ↑ Pyke's weapon inspiration 1
- ↑ Pyke's weapon inspiration 2
- ↑ Bandanna update
- ↑ Emote update
- ↑ Black colored Talon
- ↑ Scrapped names
- ↑ Scrapped names 2
- ↑ Indev names
- ↑ Indev names 2
- ↑ Scrapped abilities
- ↑ Scrapped abilities 2
- ↑ EndlessPillows on Net-Work Spell
- ↑ Horror movie inspirations
- ↑ Possible thematics
- ↑ Ghostwater Dive reset
- ↑ EndlessPillows on Pyke Net Cape
- ↑ EndlessPillows on Pyke Weapons
- ↑ Pyke's magic origin
- ↑ Revenge story similarities
- ↑ Pyke's ancestry
- ↑ Pyke's favorite food
- ↑ Possible thematics 2
- ↑ Speculated marks
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.