Practice Tool is a single player game mode in League of Legends. Released in V7.3, the game mode was specifically designed to allow players to interact with training dummies and enable cheats on Summoner's Rift.
- Map: Summoner's Rift
- Draft: Blind Pick.
A simple, straight forward, single-player environment that lets you test out things like checking wall Custom games.points or if you can solo with a certain item build, without having to manually spend time experimenting in
|“||As League gains more and more similarities to a sport, it makes sense that there be a place where you can go to shoot hoops!|
|— Riot Games|
Only one bot is available to participate in the practice session for training purposes. It is totally optional and can only be picked as an enemy. Its intelligence can be ranked only from Beginner or Intermediate.
Dummy is a unit type that can be directly summoned in Practice Tool, it stands in as a champion for all intents and purposes. It can be summoned by pressing shift + b.
Upon taking damage from a champion, the Dummy will track total damage, damage per second, and last tick of damage value. Dummy health can be seen dropped, but they cannot die (similar tobuff). After 3 seconds of not taking damage (remaining time displayed visually by the dummy's resource bar), the damage tracking is reset and the dummy health is restored to full.
Using practice tool commands, player can change maximum health and resistances only of an enemy dummy. Dummies gain up to +100% increased size based on bonus health, with the maximum size capped at 10,000 health (130 gameplay radius). Ally dummies always have 1000 maximum health and 0 resistances.
A dummy can take a maximum 900 damage from any instance of damage.
Commands, or cheats, are functions that help players in testing. It can be a resource free, instant refresh spells so you can practice landing them. Or you can summon jungle camps repetitively to test the best jungle route.
|Auto-Refresh Cooldowns||Toggle to periodically refresh your spell and active item cooldowns. This button may occasionally produce broken interactions that are unique to Practice Tool and this button. Practice with care.|
|Auto-Refresh HP||Toggle to periodically refresh your health.|
|Auto-Refresh Mana/Energy||Toggle to periodically refresh your mana or energy.|
|Add Gold||Gives you 10,000 gold.|
|Level Up||Increases your level by 1.|
|Lock XP Level||Toggle to stop from gaining any more experience.|
|Teleport to Cursor||Instantly move your champion to target location.|
|Revive||Instantly respawns you at your fountain, if your champion is dead.|
|Kill Player Champion||Instantly kills your champion.|
|Toggle Towers Invincible||Toggle to make all turrets invincible.|
|Toggle Tower Fire||Toggle to prevent all turrets from attacking.|
|Toggle Minion Spawn||Toggle to prevent any minions from spawning for either team.|
|Fast Forward 30sec||Fast-forwards the game 30 seconds.|
|Fast Forward 10min||Fast-forwards the game 10 minutes.|
|Spawn Enemy Dummy||Spawns an enemy Target Dummy at chosen location. Max of 4.|
|Spawn Allied Dummy||Spawns an allied Target Dummy at chosen location. Max of 4.|
|Clear Target Dummies||Clears all Target Dummies|
|Add 100 Max HP||Adds 100 maximum health to the Target Enemy. Auto-casts on targets you are attacking.|
|Remove 100 Max HP||Removes 100 maximum health to the Target Enemy. Auto-casts on targets you are attacking.|
|Add 10 Resistances||Adds 10 armor and magic resistance to the Target Enemy. Auto-casts on targets you are attacking.|
|Remove 10 Resistances||Removes 10 armor and magic resistance to the Target Enemy. Auto-casts on targets you are attacking.|
|Spawn Jungle Camps and Rift Herald||Respawns all neutral monsters and.|
|Spawn Jungle Camps and Baron||Respawns all neutral monsters and.|
|Spawn Jungle Plants||Toggle to respawn all jungle plants and make them regrow constantly.|
|Spawn Cloud Drake||Respawns all neutral monsters, spawning a.|
|Spawn Mountain Drake||Respawns all neutral monsters, spawning a.|
|Spawn Infernal Drake||Respawns all neutral monsters, spawning an.|
|Spawn Ocean Drake||Respawns all neutral monsters, spawning an.|
|Spawn Elder Dragon||Respawns all neutral monsters, spawning an.|
|Reset Game||Restarts the game state, maintaining champion choice. This does not reset the Elemental Rift.|
|Win The Game||Destroys the enemy Nexus.|
|Stack Tear||Fully stacks (750/750)items.|
|Fully Stack Runes||Fully stacks Legend (), , and Domination Vision ( ) and Hunter ( ) runes.|
Results in Practice Tool do not always reflect the same circumstances in other game modes. Notably, the dummy has special interactions with certain abilities.
- - Reapplying over an ongoing challenge will incur a 1-second cooldown and inform Fiora that the ability cannot be stacked.
- - Using the Kill Player Champion button during the transformation will not grant Kayn his new abilities nor update the animations accordingly for which form he chose. He will however be given the champion model for / .
- - Says it cannot be stacked.
- - Only one for all of the blades on the ground can exist. Creating another will override the previous one.
- - If the ability is cast again before the effect has ended, it will refresh the stat buff (bonus AD and bonus range) but Twitch will fire standard attacks instead of the bolts.
- - Taking a dummy (without any bonus health) into the realm and dealing more damage than its maximum health (possible by with very high ability power) will kill it.
can kill a dummy.
- If the dummy is being suppressed by , can kill the dummy. alone can also kill a dummy in rare occasions.
- - Casting the ability on two different targets in quick succession will affect both of them at the same time if they are in a certain range of each other.
- A killed dummy would respawn in its fountain.
- A Turret in an untargetable state will still take damage from certain anti-turret effects.
- Practice Tool games that are finished are tracked as custom games in Match History.
- The Training Dummy design is based on ; red representing an enemy target dummy while the blue an ally target dummy.
- After using the practice tool for 59:14, a warning will appear stating that the practice tool will close in 1 minute. This makes the longest time that anyone can use the practice tool in one sitting 60 minutes and 14 seconds.
- Dummies are summoned at level 1 and can gain experience like normal champions. They can also level up, but gain no benefits from it.
- When you use the option 'Win the Game', a message appears over your character: "My only way to see that Victory screen.".
- Training dummies are immune to Grievous Wounds.
- In Teamfight Tactics, the item reuses the model and animations of the Training Dummy.