The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Poppy was the first champion released in 2010.
- Poppy is the first and so far only post-launch champion to be priced at 1350 on release (all other champions with the same price were already present when the game officially launched in October 2009).
- Poppy is one of two champions that went into the weekly champion rotation on the day of their release. The other one is .
- Poppy is the first champion with full facial animation.
- Poppy is the first champion to receive splash updates to all skins.
- Future champion reworks/updates have since followed this tradition.
- The splash art features the titular flower.
- Poppy's theme resembles Demacia Rising (instruments used include a low brass and a flute).
- Poppy's dance references the dance from Futurama.
- A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- Poppy was initially going to wear a red scarf as a 'heroic thing', it competed heavily with her pigtails and was deemed way too busy on her model, the scarf was trimmed down to a muffler.
- Poppy's favorite food / candy is the lollipop.
- Poppy finds Yordles 'too fluffy' and disorganized, herself preferring the orderliness found in Demacia.
- Poppy is the first champion to have a form of crowd control in all of her abilities.
- Poppy is the first and only champion to have two skins released for the Snowdown Showdown event.
- Poppy comes from Old English popæg < Latin papa er, possibly from PIE root *Peh₂-(m)P- "to swell".
- Orlon was also a weaponsmith, and had actually crafted himself. He was also the one who crafted spear, .
- Poppy's true age is unknown, but since the in-universe present year is at least 997 AN and Poppy's earliest known event is her arrival on Runeterra during the Rune Wars (13 BN - 3 BN), it can be safely concluded that she is at least 1000 years old.
- The Hammer of Orlon is represented as the Hammer stone in Tellstones: King's Gambit.
- The author of the rulebook is aware that Poppy is the true hero.
- "Not like this!" might be referencing the eponymous emote from Twitch.tv
- " references not a hammer. is a hammer."Crocodile Dundee.
- "Jokes? Yeah, I know jokes." references her pre-rework quote: "Jokes? I don't know any jokes.".
- Poppy shares quotes with:
- "Not so fast!"
- "Not like this!"
- The flowers she shares names with can be seen in the foreground.
- A blue recolor of her old used to be the background image of the Defense branch of the now-retired summoner mastery trees in Season 2, Season 3, Season 4 and Season 5 (Season 5 retained Season 4's masteries).
- Recolors of and were used for the Offense and Utility branches respectively.
- Her was directly tweaked for the first splash art of her skin.
- She might be referencing Kiss.
- This skin shares the Medieval theme with:
- This skin shares the Sugar Rush theme with:
- She was released in celebration of Harrowing 2010 along with:
- She references the Oompa-Loompas from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl and/or Candy Land by Hasbro.
- A lollipop with her pre-rework can be seen in the background.
- She also makes this face when she dances.
- It can also be seen in the joined splash art of , and .
- This skin shares the Toy Box theme with:
- She was released in celebration of Snowdown Showdown 2010 along with:
- She references Raggedy Ann by Johnny Gruelle.
- She is standing up to , whose claw is in the foreground.
- The following can be seen in the background:
- Plush toys resembling:
- A balloon resembling a
- A plane model resembling ROFL Copter
- An inflatable version of
- Wallpaper featuring tattoos
- Pillows referencing Radiant Staff
- A bed sheet featuring and insignias
- Plush toys resembling:
- She was inspired by 'White Knight Poppy' by 'ChiZ'.
- She might be referencing Spiral Knights.
- This skin shares the Star Guardian theme with:
- She references the magical girl genre of anime.
- Her Homeguard and animations were loosely inspired by The Powerpuff Girls.
- is flying in the background.
- This skin shares the Snowdown theme with:
- She was released in celebration of Snowdown Showdown 2017 along with:
- She might be referencing Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
- This skin shares the Hextech theme with:
- This skin shares the Astronauts theme with:
- She shares the splash art with .
- can be seen floating in the background, with chimes all over.
- doll can be seen in the background of her splash art.
- Her Summoner icon is a reference to the cover art of StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty.
- The skin description alludes to the lyrics of Space Oddity by David Bowie.
belonged to Demacia's founder and weaponsmith Orlon, who passed it on to her on his deathbed. She is searching for the 'Hero of Demacia' meant to wield the hammer (without realizing she is the one).
- When Orlon passed the hammer to Poppy, he did not specifically identify her as the Hero (or meant to, but died before he could), leading to Poppy's misunderstanding.
- Poppy and Noxus, respectively). are notable for being Yordles responsible for helping in building the human civilizations they align themselves with (Demacia and
- Poppy knows about the existence of
and , though it is uncertain what she thinks about them.
- Lulu states that Poppy and Tristana has "a little furrow just above her nose when she gets mad".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.