The Wardens are the law enforcement organization in Piltover, funded by trade taxes and 'generous' contributions from the mercantile clans. Many of these donations take the form of unique hextech, such as specialized weaponry and other tools.
Champions of the Piltover Wardens
Other Related Champions
- Ferros Clan have been using and funding the wardens. and
- used the wardens in order to shut down a Shimmer factory.
- is a serial killer wanted by the wardens.
- is a criminal wanted by the wardens.
- is a criminal captured by the wardens.
The Warden's Handbook
|“||All detectives respond, but a good detective anticipates, and an exemplary detective prevents.|
|— The Warden's Handbook, 4 Insightful Investigator|
There are several types of Wardens tasked to protect Piltover and it citizens:
- Archivist: Detectives are nothing without leads. An archivist's job is to collect every scrap of intel and create new possibilities where none previously existed.
- Armaments: Elite Wardens designated in the Armaments Department are specially tasked in building and maintaining warden weapons and equipment. 6 Chief Mechanist Zevi is one of its members.
- Investigator: Sometimes also referred to as detectives, these wardens are tasked to investigate and deduce what kind of a crime has been committed. They often collect information to solve crimes by talking to witnesses and informants, collecting physical evidence, or searching records in databases. This leads them to arrest criminals and enable them to be convicted in court.
- Patrol: Wardens assigned to monitor specified areas in Piltover, to inspect their areas at regular intervals and watch for any signs of problems of any kind; these would be the wardens most commonly encountered by the public. Their duties include responding to calls for service, making arrests, resolving disputes, taking crime reports, conducting traffic enforcement, and other peace keeping measures. A patrol warden is often closest to potential crime and the first to arrive on the scene of any incident; what such a warden does or fails to do at the scene can greatly influence the outcome of any subsequent investigation. 3 Warden Mir and Kepple are one of these patrol wardens.
- Sheriff: Highest known position among the wardens, this is often an elected official who serves as the chief civil-law enforcement officer of their jurisdiction. The sheriff enforces court orders and mandates and may perform duties such as evictions, seizing property and assets pursuant to court orders, and serving warrants and legal papers.
- : A special task group trained for the cities' most dangerous assignments, equipped with the most advanced arsenal of the Piltover Wardens.
|Officer||Piltover Warden. Sergeant during the time of Sheriff Marcus. ( Arcane)|
|Sheriff||Sheriff of the Piltover Wardens. Often paired with Enforcer Vi.|
|Sheriff †||Former Sheriff of Piltover Wardens prior to Marcus. Murdered by Silco's goons during a failed apprehension of Vander. ( Arcane)|
|Officer||Piltover Warden. Nightshift Patrol of the University of Piltover during the time of Sheriff Grayson. ( Arcane)|
|Officer 2 J.S. Harknor||Veteran Investigating Officer, Unit 6. Paired with Insightful Investigator. Secretly a Yordle in disguise.|
|Warden 3 Kepple||Patrol Warden. Paired with Warden Mir.|
|Officer 3 Klaxon||Golem Officer. Works alongside Steeltoe Lawbot.|
|Sheriff †||Former Sheriff of Piltover Wardens prior to Caitlyn. Murdered by Jinx's firelight bombs. ( Arcane)|
|Warden 3 Mir||Patrol Warden. Paired with Warden Kepple. She is known for having an amusing sprint among her peers.|
|Officer 1 Steeltoe||Golem Officer. Works alongside Klaxon Lawbot.|
|Enforcer||Warden Enforcer. Often paired with Sheriff. Captured and secured .|
|Officer 2 Zayne Asako||Warden Investigator.|
|Chief Mechanist 6 Zevi||Chief Mechanist for the Warden's Armament Department.|
|3 Unnamed Archivist||Station Archivist.|
|4 Unnamed Officer||Investigating Officer, Unit 6. Paired with Officer J.S. Harknor.|
|4 Unnamed Officer||Patrol Officer.|
|3 Unnamed Warden||A double agent working for both the wardens and the chem barons.|
|5 Unnamed Wardens||SWAT Wardens. Seen 3 ambushing Corina Veraza's lair.|
|3Unnamed Wardens||SWAT, Patrol, and Investigator Wardens.|
- The Wardens' appearance and functions were inspired by the real life law enforcers of the British Crown during the Industrial revolution.
- Cops and Robbers and Pulsefire skin universe enforcers were heavily inspired by the Piltover Wardens.