|Current Patch:||League of Legends||Teamfight Tactics|
A patch (otherwise known as a new client version) is a modification to the game files of League of Legends. Every patch will contain one or more of the following materials:
- New game content: new or remade champions, items, and skins.
- Balance changes: changes made to even out the power balance between champions.
- Bug fixes: changes made to correct unintended behaviour in the game.
- Client/Backend/development changes: technology or configuration changes that go on behind the scenes.
- Patch Notes: Riot Games Inc.s' official documentation of the changes made.
Below is a table summarizing North American release date with Patch Notes link of the notable events, and, where applicable, the newly introduced champion of each patch.