Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
This article or section may contain obsolete information, but exists here for historical purposes.
- Ohmwrecker's ability to disable turrets enabled aggressive turret dives that would have simply been unviable.
- Supports often delegate to invest in the item to allow their team's assassins and other divers to focus on more offensive and defensive stats.
- Champions who are powerful turret divers and benefit from high tankiness (i.e. or ) may take Ohmwrecker to set up their own dives.
- Champions that have passives and abilities that allow them to excel in turret diving such as , , , , , and can greatly benefit from this item in addition to their turret diving ability (particularly as he also scales well depending on how much health he has).
- Ohmwrecker simply wipes the turret targeting through the duration, resetting its damage increase.
- Ohmwrecker is named after a League of Legends player, Ohmwrecker (aka the Masked Gamer), who accumulated over 1000 referrals in the now-defunct Refer-A-Friend system.
- Up until it closed in June 2012, Ohmwrecker served as the Editor-in-Chief of Voodoo Extreme, a popular gaming site that covered League of Legends extensively when most other sites disregarded it as an insignificant free-to-play game.
- Ohmwrecker was also recognized as a winner in the "Minnows to Sharks" program that Riot Games ran shortly after League of Legends launched. He provided consultation to Riot's executive management that helped lead to the Summoner Showcase and The Tribunal. He also served for a short time as an original Test Realm tester.
- Ohmwrecker now focuses on building his Youtube channel as a partner of the Polaris Network, formerly known as The Game Station.
- Ohmwrecker is phonetically similar to "homewrecker", which was likely the inspiration for the effect given to the item.
- Incidentally, an 'ohm' is a unit of electrical resistance, and so the name may also be understood as "resistance wrecker".
- The active effect is internally called FaithShaker.
- Pentakill's first volume, Smite and Ignite, named its third track after this item. True to the spirit of Ohmwrecker, the track features dark, aggressive tones and an upset rhythm scheme.
- After the item's removal from the game due to balancing issues and item unpopularity, Riot renamed the turret item Penetrating Bullets to in order to preserve the legacy of Ohmwrecker's contributions to the game.
- Starter items
- Potions and Consumables
- Distributed items
- Basic items
- Epic items
- Legendary items
- Mythic items
- Ornn's Mythic item upgrades
- Champion exclusive items
- Minion and Turret items
- Removed items