- Nunu & Willump drop a soul each.
- ability power ratio in-game (250%). was named after at which matter stops moving completely (referencing both slows the ability has) and has the highest single
- Nunu was named after Steve 'Guinsoo' Feak's dog (also a nickname for his wife).
- was simply called Nunu, but skin icons showed . now shows only Nunu in the icon.
- Their dance is an updated version of their old animation in which dances and provides flute music.
- Nunu and are voiced by Lucas Jaye.
- Williump Bot's voice is created by text-to-speech software.
- Nunu is voiced by Cristina Milizia, who also voices and .
- Willump is voiced by , who also voices , and .
- The update in patch V7.16 that made it so the portrait of the selected skin would be used in the central portion of the in-game UI showed the portrait of instead of Nunu for every skin except for his skin.
- During Alpha Test, Willump was simply called Yeti and Nunu was a girl named Yuralia, that had the ability to freeze her enemies into place with blasts of cold.
- The duo's update lore, with 
as guardian of and as vessel for the magical memories of ancient mortal heroes, is possibly inspired by the professional .
- is inspired by the , whose name གཡའ་དྲེད་, g.ya' dred [jaʈ(ʂ)ʰe] means literally " " in .
- One of the goals of Nunu & Willump's rework was to give them the saddest death animation in the game.
- Every sound Willump makes in-game has been translated into human words so that his voice actor would know exactly what inflections to put into the sounds.
- One of the spells tested on Nunu and Willump involved using climbing rope in order to lasso champions, lasso'd champions could not move a certain distance away from Nunu.
- One of the scrapped narrative pitches during development involved Nunu and Willump as part of a traveling circus troupe who secretly found and hid artifacts from  . However the Frostguard found out and slaughtered the tribe, but not before Nunu stole a shard of true ice which he uses to create infinite snowballs.
suggests that favorite foods are " , , , , , and ."
- wouldn't eat human foods, because they do not provide magic/arcane power.
- Willump has a different perspective on the world because he's so ancient. He sometimes tones down his wisdom so he can have fun with his best friend, but they have moments of mentorship too.
- Nunu's mother was the singer in The Path to Hearth-Home. teaser song,
is 8 years old, while is much older (possibly old as the three sisters).
- Nunu was 5 years old when he obtained his flute and separated from his mother and tribe after a raider attack.
- is theorised to be about 4'2", with being about 12'.
- can develop a crush on , due to a voice line from the Nunu and Willump Bot skin, referring to as "too pretty".
- "I bet, if we stayed really still we become invisible!" references .
- "PLAYTIME'S NEVER OVER!" might be a reference to "Playtime's over."
- "ONE references TO RULE THEM ALL!" . ("One ring to rule them all.")
- "Don't make the yeti angry. You won't like him when he's angry!" references the famous quote made by from .
- A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- "Speak softly... and ride a big yeti!" references ("Speak softly and carry a big stick.")
- W: "Oh, Hi is a pun line for ."Marc 'Tryndamere' Merrill that quotes .
- W: "Party in the front, Brambles in the back." references . ("Business in the front, party in the back.")
- W: "To damage, or not to damage; let me thi- thi- thi- thi- to damage." references . ("To be or not to be, that is the question.")
- W: "This monster makes me angry, it will not like me when I'm angry." references .
- W: "I have a need for speed." quotes .
- W: "Krug life!" is a play on .
- W: "I have learned the true value of friendship. 43." references .
- W: "Rock 'em and sock 'em!" references .
- W: "The fourth law in robotics... is punching." references Isaac Asimov's .
- W: "Oh the damages! The damages!" references by . ("The horror! The horror!")
- N: "Kawaii Desu!" as a response to the Star Guardian skin line alludes to the anime-genre, while referencing the phrase's (intentionally incorrect) use by anime fandom.
- W: "I am become Death, Destroyer of Noobs." is a play on the quote by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
- W: "Doggos intensifies." uses the internet slang term for cute dogs.
- N: "Apply wrench directly to the forehead!" references HeadOn Commercials.
- W: "Only you can prevent forest fires, by killing is a play on the quote by ." .
- W: "Chickety check yourself before you get wrecked yourself." is a play on a lyric from .
- W: "Rolling it down mid." references Tyler1's toxic behavior.
- W: "Jungling is so easy." references Support is so easy.
- "W: I need 6 more references the popular for Star Guardian Urgot." meme.
- W: "Can't Killean the Zillean." references Can't Killean the Zillean.
- W: "Love me some Tryndamere." is a play on Marc 'Tryndamere' Merrill's 'Love me some Regi' comment.
- He shares this quote with Pulsefire Caitlyn.
- W: "Another Ryze rework in 3... 2... 1." references many reworks.
- N: "Did you see all the bugs beneath that guy's armour?" references many in-game bugs.
- W: "You have dangerous eye-eye-eye-eye- guns." references "You've got dangerous eyes, I like that."
- W: "Now I am the Super-bot." references "When I first met you, I was the bot. Now I am the Super-bot."
- W: "Their tears are fully stacked." is a pun for stacking .
- W: "Now we have the , , which looks really sweet."
W: "Now we have the , , which looks sweet and helps us kill faster."
W: "Now watch as this intense boss battle unfolds.",
W: "Brambleback is dangerous because he is red.",
W: "Not so rude now, are you?",
W: "Those guys were worthless. Get dunked.",
N: "Watch out! He has sword boots!"', and
W: "Master Yi. You kill fast and are honorable." all reference the 'pro as heck guide to master yi' video.
- The binary numbers Willump spells out upon, and in order of death, translate to "noob".
- W: "Rito Plsssss." might be a reference to Riot Pls which derives from a common meme used to complain to Riot Games Inc..
- N: "Dragon down, Dream Drop Destruction!" is likely referencing .
- W: "Super Robot Wars, begin." references the series.
- W: "I am so awesome, I have might be a reference to the on D and F."Keybind Wars.
- W: "I HAVE A BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS." quotes the running gag in .
- W: "Welcome to the Destroyed Monster club, appreciate it alot." is a play on a quote by Imaqtpie.
- W: Challenger is only a state of mind, Nunu. And a sweet jacket. references the 2016 Challenger jacket.
- He share quotes with:
- "Man, I'm good."
was most likely inspired by several characters from different media, such as:
- from the franchise,
- Wild Thing from series,
- from series.
- in game.
Nunu has brown eyes in his artwork, while his eyes are green
- His eyes are also brown in artwork.
- This skin shares the Fables theme with:
- Willump references the Sasquatch, another name for .
- Willump carries the around his neck.
- This skin shares the Snowdown theme with:
- It also shares the 'Workshop' theme with:
- Nunu is dressed like a Giant Reindeer Poro. from while Willump is a
- He was released in celebration of Snowdown Showdown 2009 along with:
- Nunu is dressed like a from while Willump is dressed like .
- This skin shares the Toy Box theme with:
- It also shares the 'Disguise' theme with:
- and toy versions of , , and Grungy Willump can be seen in the background.
- Nunu references while Willump references (both of which are characters from the animated film, ).
- Nunu is a reference to while Willump is a reference to the , both from .
- This skin shares the Heavy Metal theme with:
- The background of their splash art is the same arena as in splash art.
- He was named after and references the eponymous series by 'angrygoran'.
- His voice differs from the series because, according to 'angrygoran' himself, another one had to be used due to copyright concerns.
- is an acronym for Workframe Integrated Lossless Lifeform Uploaded Mainly for Punching.
- His dance may be a reference to the "Disco Nunu" meme, where one would dance while using and to give the appearance of a disco ball.
- This skin shares the Riftquest theme with:
- He references from and/or from by .
- This skin shares the World Champions: TPA theme with:
- He was released in celebration of Taipei Assassins winning the Season Two World Championship along with:
- He represents MiSTakE.
- This skin shares the Zombies VS Slayers theme with:
- can be seen in the background.
- He was released in celebration of Harrowing 2015 along with:
- He references , , and/or .
- All ice effects are replaced with a substance resembling vomit and/or radioactive liquid.
- Both Nunu and Willump groan to each other instead of speaking.
- This skin shares the Papercraft theme with:
- While not directly sharing a splash art with , their splash arts can join together to make one larger image.
- This skin was inspired by .
- The paper prop in Nunu & Willump's recall is actually 4 different models swapping in/out.
heard many Freljordian legends and tales from his mother Layka, such as those regarding , , , , and .
- Anivia is a spiritual guide to the Notai tribe from which Nunu hails from.
- Nunu always seen Braum as something to aspire towards. If he ever met Braum he would ask him to become his father.
- Frostguard after his tribe was attacked by raiders. He met which told him about a beast. Nunu would later befriend this beast and call him . was a refugee that was taken in by the
- It is unknown if Nunu and Willump support Avarosan goals of peace and unification. , but their deeds around the Freljord lead towards the same
- to some extent crossed paths with during the time of the Three Sisters. It is unknown if he still remembers this encounter.
- Nunu used to live in the The Frostguard Citadel, where he met . The boy never knew his parents and the Yeti was held in captivity, mistreated by the tribe's beastmaster.
- The pair eventually escaped the citadel and were taken in by the Avarosan (led by , whom they are friends with together with ).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.