Frolicking through the hills of the Freljord, Nunu and Willump make an unlikely pair, but many travellers would swear they have seen the yeti with a fearless boy clinging to his back. Though Nunu may have tamed the beast's heart, Willump's anger remains, fueled by a ravenous hunger. Some have even tried to separate the two, yet the bond of friendship between them is stronger than any chain, and they continue to ramble on their wild adventures.
As unlikely a pair as anyone could find, Nunu and Willump relied on courage and tenacity to drive them through countless troubles in the Freljord. The boy and his Yeti searched far and wide for a place they'd both be welcome, and eventually found a home among the Avarosan.
Sometimes bonds of friendship become stronger than even bonds of blood. When those bonds link a fearless boy to a fearsome Yeti, the bond becomes a force to be reckoned with. Given the responsibility of taming a terrifying beast, Nunu forged a friendship where others would have forged chains. Now Nunu and his burly pal Willump are an inseparable pair who combine youthful exuberance and brute strength with the mythicalof the Yeti to overcome obstacles insurmountable to any ordinary duo.
Nunu had only the vaguest memories of his parents or the time before he was part of the reclusive Frostguard tribe. Never welcome among his caretakers, Nunu's wanderlust and compassion often put him at odds with the tribe's elders and the boy frequently dreamed of places far beyond the shadow of the Frostguard citadel. Sometimes he would do more than just dream, much to the frustration of his minders. This was never more apparent than when Nunu was apprenticed to the tribe's beastmaster and charged with the care of the creatures under his yoke.
The Frostguard held a menagerie of the Freljord's wildlife at their beck and call, but unique among their collection was the Yeti: an uncommon creature with mystical qualities and raw physical strength. The beastmaster taught Nunu that it was only a lean diet of plants and regular whippings that kept the vicious beast tame, but the more time Nunu spent caring for the creature, the more he learned that the Yeti was no feral monster.
As he saw his new friend Willump growing weaker and sicker, Nunu began to sneak the Yeti scraps of meat, hoping to restore his health. Day by day, Willump grew stronger and not the slightest bit savage - contrary to the beastmaster's claims. Nunu had hopes of convincing him that the Yeti posed no danger, but it wasn't meant to be. The next time Nunu came to deliver Willump a meal, he found the Yeti's cage shattered, with only a crude drawing inside signaling the Yeti's farewell. Without hesitation, Nunu rushed into the wilderness in search of his friend.
When Nunu finally caught up to Willump, he found the Yeti cornered by the beastmaster alongside a group of Frostguard warriors. Afraid that the men would hurt his friend, Nunu threw himself between the Yeti and the beastmaster's lash, but the brutal man would not stay his hand. As the furious beastmaster raised his whip once more, the Yeti swelled up with uncharacteristic fury. Even after so much mistreatment, it wasn't concern for himself but for the boy who'd shown him kindness that finally pushed Willump too far. The Yeti raged and left the man bloodied in the snow.
Terrified by Willump's fury, the remaining Frostguard warriors fled. Nunu realized there was no going back. He yelled at Willump to run before the men returned to kill him, but the Yeti refused to leave the young boy. Nunu was faced with a hard choice: abandon his sole friend and lead a life of captivity with the Frostguard, or strike out into the harsh wilds and leave behind the only home he knew. Nunu chose the only path that made sense. Leaping onto the back of the mighty Yeti, Nunu joined Willump in his great escape. The pair took their first steps into the wide world from which they had been kept for so long.
The Freljord is an unforgiving land covered in snow and ice. Travel, especially in the winter, can be very dangerous. The elements often claim even those who have spent their entire lives there. The boy known as Nunu is defined by such tragedy.
One day when he was a young child, Nunu rode on his father's back as they returned from a trapping expedition in the mountains. An unexpected blizzard came upon them, forcing them to seek refuge in a cave. The tempest was the worst in countless years, and it lasted for days. Nunu's father left to find food, but he never returned. The blizzard eventually cleared, and the young child lay dying on the mountainside.
Fortunately for Nunu, this was the land of the Yeti, who are powerful beasts with whom Nunu's father had secured an arrangement for safe passage. A young Yeti boy named Runeterrans.found Nunu and brought him home. From then on Nunu was raised by the Yeti, whose culture remains a mystery to most
The boy quickly discovered that the seemingly savage creatures were in fact deeply spiritual beings living in harmony with their environment. They are very territorial and unafraid of defending themselves if called upon to do so. The Yeti have watched the rest of Valoran, and they can smell the change on the wind.
When the League of Legends was formed, the Yeti knew they needed a champion. Riding his brother Willump, Nunu became that champion. Those who follow the League know that the boy is mature beyond his years, but, while he appears human, his mind is that of his adoptive kin.
- Released in V220.127.116.11 (October 23rd, 2009)
The Freljord is an unforgiving place, a mountainous land covered in snow and ice. Travel, especially in the winter, can be very dangerous. The elements often claim even those who have spent their entire lives there. The boy known as Nunu is one of those who fell prey to such tragedy.
One day when he was a young child, Nunu rode on his father's back as they returned from a trapping expedition in the mountains. An unexpected blizzard came upon them, forcing them to seek refuge in a cave. The tempest lasted for days. Nunu's father had to leave to find food, but never returned. Eventually the blizzard cleared and the young child lay dying on the mountainside.
Fortunately, this was the land of the Yeti, powerful beasts with whom Nunu's father had secured an arrangement for safe passage. A young Yeti boy namedfound Nunu and brought him home. From then on, Nunu was raised by the Yeti.
When the League of Legends was formed, the Yeti knew they needed a champion. Riding his brother Willump, Nunu became that champion.
- Released in Alpha Week 6 (March 25th, 2009)
As a child, Nunu and her family inhabited the Northern fringe of Runeterra's polar region, spending their days ice fishing and huddling for warmth in the desolate landscape. Born with the ability to freeze the very air around her, Nunu became invaluable to her small village as an igloo builder, creating blocks of ice to form the foundations for the village's buildings. One day, as Nunu sat patiently next to her fishing hole, she was startled by a massive, starving Yeti that burst from underneath the glacier and collapsed miserably next to her. Feeling pity for the poor, shivering beast, Yuralis offered the Yeti a fish from her bucket. With wide eyes, the eager Yeti gobbled it down, feeling much better and the two became fast friends.
- The only champion Consume can be used on is
- Consume can be used on certain pets ( , )
- Consume's heal and damage are independent of one another (shields and/or invulnerability will not prevent Nunu from healing himself)
- Well Fed stacks fall off one at a time.
- The per-target cooldown for obtaining Well Fed stacks does not refresh if Nunu uses Consume on the same type of monster beforehand.
- Nunu gains current health equal to the amount of maximum health gained, which is not countered by Grievous Wounds.
- Well Fed's bonus damage works against structures.
- With flat AP increases by a total of 118.4% ( + ). The 56% is still capped to the same amount. the
- The AP gained is calculated on cast and remains static for the full duration.
- The maximum AP is reached when the target has at least 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 / ability power.
- Blood Boil can also be used on non-champion units such as minions and pets.
- No additional details.
- "Interruption" can either mean Nunu stopping the channel manually (by either movement or another command), or his channel being interrupted by an enemy.
- Enemies can only see Absolute Zero's area of effect if they have sight of Nunu (they will not see any visual effects if he is in fog of war or in brush) but they will still be affected.
- "Here we go!"
- "Let's make tracks!"
- "Swallowed you whole!"
- "The yeti knows the way!"
- "Let's make tracks!"
- "I'm on it!"
- "It's cold out there... "
- "Don't make the yeti angry, You won't like him when he's angry!"
- "Can't catch me!"
- "Don't make the yeti angry. You won't like him when he's angry!"
- "Speak softly... and ride a big yeti!"
- Willump laughs.
- Willump laughs.
- Willump laughs.
- "You will feel my rage now."
- "My ultimate will devastate them... or not."
- "You are now on my Ignore list."
- "Stop feeding."
- "Everything is going according to my plan."
- "Towerdive! We must towerdive!"
- "My master tactics will win."
- "Witness my superior playstyle and see it."
- "Now you will see what happens when you listen to my superior plans."
- "Yeti Bot speaking."
- "Welcome to Nunu Champion Spotlight, presented by Yeti Bot."
- "Do I?"
- "Are you freaking kidding me?"
- "I will surprise them with my decision."
- "I must think... and act fast."
- "I have a bad feeling about this."
- "Man, I'm good."
- "I will push forward and make my boldness known"
- "Bots are superior to non-bots."
- "You must say miss! That's a constructive criticism."
- "When I first met you, I was the bot. Now I am the super-bot."
- "Now watch and learn from my moves, just like I've learned from Phreak's."
- "I feel so good now. So fed. Almost as members of Riot when they created me."
- "Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha."