|This article is outdated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information.|
Games on Nexus Blitz generally last 15 minutes and the last event at 18 minutes makes games usually end within the following minutes.
- Before entering champion select, you can either choose to go Lane or Jungle.
- If you pick Lane you can freely choose your summoner spells, but you cannot pick .
- If you pick Jungle, will automatically be picked for you.
- Each player selects one champion to ban.
- A unique map with a single lane splitting into 2 in the middle, and the top of the map is a jungle with jungle camps and buffs.
- Two junglers can work together in each team to secure jungle camps. Jungle experience and gold is tuned to compensate. Also an untargetable turret is in the enemy jungle.
- Events for both teams such as King of the Hill, Push the Cart and Prize Fight.
- A champion taking down multiple enemy champions without dying will become On Fire!, gaining a lot of stats, but also becoming more vulnerable to damage. Killing an On Fire! champion grants a large gold bounty.
- Games can be surrendered after the 8 minute mark.
- casting time is reduced to 4.5 seconds from 8.
- Starting at level one, while in the fountain gains .
- The respawn timer reaches its maximum duration at 18 minutes.
Nexus Blitz Aura
On this game mode, all champions gain:
- 30% summoner spell cooldown reduction.
- 4 mana regeneration per 5 seconds.
- . bonus magic resistance
- are unavailable.
- Quick Charge version. and its upgrades ( ) as well as use the
- Only one starter item can be bought. This includes Doran's items, support items, and jungle items.
- The sustain aspect of Doran's items is significantly increased, and a new Doran's item is available: .
- Summoner's Rift and Twisted Treeline support items are unavailable in this game mode. Instead only two non-upgradable items are available: and .
- Summoner's Rift and Twisted Treeline jungle items are unavailable in this game mode and instead only jungle item is available,
, which can be upgraded with an enchant. Upgrading to an enchant ( ) grants along with the normal bonuses.
- The Monster Hunter gold penalty is removed in this game mode.
- Jungle camps have a respawn time of 60 seconds.
- Jungle camps taken with more than one champion grant 150% experience and gold split between the champions taking it (compared to 100% experience and gold if taken alone).
- camps consist of one greater and four normal wolves. The former will explode once killed creating splash damage for the nearby wolves.
- camps consist of one Crimson Raptor and seven smaller ones.
- Two camps of can be found on both sides of the arena in opposite sides of the lane.
- 200 locally and 60 globally to all champions on the slayer's team.
and are located centrally and are much stronger. Taking a buff camp gives a supercharged version of the buff to the last hitter and the closest champion who is not the last hitter. They both spawn at 1:45. They grant
- cooldown reduction cap to 50% for the duration of the buff. grants its usual effects but additionally increases the
- minions and does not grant attack damage or ability power. It spawns at 10 minutes, and respawns after 4 minutes. is stronger, but on-death grants and for 2 minutes to the team who takes it. only strengthens
- There is a brush between the two lanes. camp below bot lane. When killed, its shrine appears in the
On Fire! Buff
Getting 4 kills without dying lights you On Fire!.
- Grants 20% bonus attack speed, or bonus Attack Damage (Adaptive), cooldowns tick twice as fast, and Ability Power50 mana regeneration per 5 seconds or 50 energy regeneration per 5 seconds.
- Increases the damage taken (including from turrets) by 25% for melee champions and 35% for ranged champions.
- Reduces incoming shields and healing by 15%.
- On Fire! persists through resurrection.
- On Fire! has no maximum duration, but is lost upon death and grants 800 to your killer and 200 to each other champion on the killer's team.
- A random event happens every few minutes, with an average of 2-3 per game.
- The first event of the game is announced in champion select.
- The first event happens at around 5:00.
- The next event is revealed 30 seconds before it starts.
- Winning an event grants the victors a random reward.
- Many events have additional bonuses on top of the reward granted to the winner (like gold for doing a thing).
|Reward name||Effect||Informal Name(s)|
| Click the giant cannon next to your fountain to launch yourself across the map!|
At your base, launch your champion anywhere on the map after a small delay. On impact deals some damage, applies ability effects, and pushes away nearby enemies.
| Gives your turrets and cannon minions Blitzcrank's Rocket Grab.|
Allied turrets, siege minions and super minions have the ability to use the emote and nearby enemies.
|Poro King|| The Poro King arrives to aid your team, pushing through top lane! Fluffy helps you siege enemy turrets, breathes fire on baddies, and periodically heals nearby allies. Long live the King!|
|Battle Sled|| The whole team can pile into this vehicle, with the first player to click acting as driver. Take a leisurely cruise around the map until you hit something and the sled explodes, damaging and knocking up nearby enemies.|
All aboard for a wild sled ride from your base to almost anywhere on the map. If you've entered the Battle Sled while someone else is driving it, you can press [B] to exit the Battle Sled.
| Your team gets a temporary, one-time Guardian Angel.|
Each member of the team gains a one-time effect, lasting 90 seconds.
|Statikk Shock|| Your team gains Statikk Shiv. Zap!|
Your team gets chain on their auto attacks to mow down waves (and champions) with ease.
| Your team gets big, friendly shields.|
Each member of the team gains a hefty shield until it is broken.
|Mega Cloud Drake|| Your team gets mega out-of-combat movement speed.|
| Your team gets mega regen.|
For 3 minutes, restores health and mana when out-of-combat.
- Fight for survival in the flaming circle.
- A circle of death closes in on a part of the map.
- The circle spawn position slightly favors the behind team.
- The last surviving team wins the event.
- Respawning puts your champion in a stasis effect at the base until the event ends.
- Being outside the ring deals heavy damage every second to your champion.
Bardle Royale: Juggernaut
- This event is the same as Classic Bardle Royale but additionally, one random champion in each team gains a high amount of health and the On Fire! buff at the start of the event.
Bardle Royale: Paranoia
- This event is the same as Classic Bardle Royale but additionally, all players are nearsighted. Champions have their sight radius gradually reduced over the duration of the event and vision of their allies is lost entirely.
- Every champion also gets additional flat penetrations.
- Pings are temporarily disabled.
- Everyone has URF powers and multiple rounds to brawl with the opposing team. Players will inhabit near the middle of the map as a battleground to fight to the death.
- The most victorious team wins. Up to three rounds can be fought. If a team wins two rounds they automatically win the event. If there's a tie between each team, a final round will begin to declare who is triumphant.
- If champions are out-of-combat they start burning, ramping up over 20 seconds.
- Once the event starts, a countdown during which all players are pacified in stasis will begin before the fight commences.
- Kill Loot Teemo for his bounty!
- A Loot Teemo spawns randomly in the middle of the map.
- Hitting the Loot Teemo grants 25% of the damage done to the Loot Teemo as gold.
- The team that last-hits the Loot Teemo wins the event.
- Kill Loot Veigar for his bounty!
- This event is the same as Loot Teemo but additionally, Loot Veigar uses and while running.
Push the Cart
- Control the cart and detonate the nearest enemy structure!
- Escort the Cart so that it can move to the enemy base.
- Carts that spawn from the 2nd event onward move faster.
- Pushing the cart grants gold.
- Once close enough to a turret, it will instantly destroy it, after which it will disappear.
- If the event goes too long, the cart gets impatient and decides the next person to touch it wins.
- This event can go into overtime.
Push the Cart: Attack/Defend
- A time-capped variant of Push the Cart.
- Only the attackers can push the cart and their objective is still to shove it into an enemy building.
- When time runs out, defenders claim the win by shoving all attackers off the cart.
Arena / Prize Fights
- Series of speedy 2v2s and 1v1s in the center of the map. Matchups are balanced around how much gold you have.
- The strongest are faced against the strongest, and the less-strongest against the less-strongest.
- The team that wins the most prize fights takes the event.
King of the Hill
- Capture and hold the control point!
- A hill appears in a random location on the map.
- Being on the hill captures the point but deals 2.5% of maximum health damage every second to your champion.
- The circle spawn position slightly favors the behind team.
- If you push the enemy off, you'll drain their progress before adding your own.
- Two , one in each team start racing in a line in the middle of map, from top to bottom.
- The Scuttlers cannot be killed, but they stop when their health bar reaches zero health, after which they revive and continue racing.
- The first Scuttler to reach the finish line wins the event for its team.
Sudden Death: Nexus Blitz
- Finish the game by killing the Walking Nexus!
- This final event happens at 18 minutes. It is not random.
- Each team's Nexus will start walking towards the enemy's base.
- The team that kills the other's Nexus first wins.
- The Nexus Minion can cast abilities.
- The Nexus Minion is permanently ghosted, has 420 attack damage, 200 armor, and 150 magic resistance.
- Death timers are set to 15 seconds during Sudden Death.
- Nexus minions will wait for each other near the middle of the map instead of pathing into the enemy base.
- All minion (regardless of last hit) and monster kills share about 30% of the total gold value to every champion on the team.
- Last hitters (or nearby allies in the case of jungle camps) still get the full gold and experience value.
- Gold from champion kills and assists is not globally shared.
- Turrets grant 25 to the last-hitter and 50 globally.
- Turrets have 60 armor and magic resistance.
- Turrets gain 70 bonus attack damage after 7 minutes.
- Turrets have 15% armor penetration.
- The outer turret has 3300 health.
- The inhibitor turret has 4300 health.
- Inhibitor turrets have 50% damage reduction until both outer towers have been destroyed.
- The nexus turrets have 5400 health.
- The Nexus Obelisk turret deals 420 raw damage every 0.5 seconds.
Some game elements are modified in this game mode.
- Bonus health reduced to 10% bonus health from 15%.
- Attack damage increased to 65 from 60.
- The development code name SLIME stood for "Split Lane Interactive Multiplayer Experience".
- The theme song of Prize fights is a repeated chorus version of .
- The theme song of URF Deathmatch is a repeated segment of Welcome to Planet URF.
- If the player equip the Poro on Fire icon, the champion will be followed by a Poro on fire while playing the game mode. It is similar to the two poro following each champion in Legend of the Poro King.
- Minions with the blessing of Does not compute emote before the grab. buff will pop up the
- Loot Teemo event will feature a slightly bigger than normal as the event monster.
- The Teemo has a dropping present VFX, similar to a VFX. However, the real skin does not have this.
- In the first iteration, the game mode used a Teemo instead.
- The catapult of champions buff is later reused in Ultra Rapid Fire in 2019.
- By the end of the first and second run Nexus Blitz was around 3% of hours. The second run was looking better until missions were turned off and then it went down to the same spot as the first run.
- The Walking Nexus unit's animations were reused from the .
=Dev: Return of Nexus Blitz
By HBBONG, RIOT REINBOOM
Nexus Blitz is coming back as the featured game mode during the summer event.
As announced in our latest Riot Pls, Nexus Blitz is coming back as a temporary game mode for our upcoming summer event! We've made quite a few changes to the mode since last time, ranging from a totally new look, minor gameplay updates, and some balance tweaks.
It’s been a little while since the last run of Nexus Blitz, and with all the updates, we wanted to get it into your hands early so we can collect some feedback. If you decide to test Nexus Blitz during its extended PBE run, here are a few things to keep in mind:
This iteration of Nexus Blitz is still a work-in-progress, and our team is hard at work on final tuning and polish passes. Expect there to be some bugs and art that isn’t fully complete. We’ll also be monitoring performance and potential impact to server loads to ensure a good experience once it’s live. With that, let’s jump into the upcoming changes to Nexus Blitz!
- As a Refresher…
Nexus Blitz was the first (and only) “experimental mode” we released, which was an approach where we invited players to test a game mode very early in development to help us determine if we should continue working on it. The first alpha of Nexus Blitz went out with work-in-progress art and gameplay that we then updated for its second run, based on your feedback. After seeing how players engaged with both runs of Nexus Blitz, we decided not to make it a permanent mode and instead bring it back occasionally as a part of future events.
We know this run of Nexus Blitz is long overdue, and we’re excited to finally bring back the rowdy, chaotic, fast-paced fun.
- The Updates
Nexus Blitz's most noticeable change is its map—from here on out, it’ll permanently be set in an Ionian forest. We're still working on finalizing its name, but you can check out some of the concepts below!
We've also made some changes to the in-game events and the rewards you earn from winning them. You can expect the return of some old favorites (Battle Sled directly into the enemy team, anyone?) with improved gameplay clarity, plus some brand new events and rewards.
Here’s the complete list:
- Bardle Royale (Classic): Fight for survival in the flaming circle of death while it closes in on a part of the map. The last surviving team wins.
- Bardle Royale (Paranoia): Fight for survival in the flaming circle BUT everyone is nearsighted, like you’re all being Nocturne ulted. The last surviving team wins.
- Bardle Royale (Juggernaut): Fight for survival in the flaming circle AND one random champion on each team gains a high amount of health and the On Fire! buff at the start of the event. (As a reminder, the On Fire! buff gives you bonus attack speed, adaptive power, and mana/energy regen, but makes you more vulnerable to damage). The last surviving team wins.
- URF Deathmatch: Every player goes into URF mode surrounded by a bunch of cheering minions! Defeat the enemy team in a best-of-three to win.
- Loot Teemo: A wandering Loot Teemo spawns randomly on the map. Hitting the Loot Teemo grants players gold. The team that last-hits Teemo wins the event.
- Loot Veigar: A wandering Loot Veigar spawns randomly on the map, using Dark Matter and Event Horizon while running away. Hitting the Loot Veigar grants players gold. The team that last-hits Veigar wins the event.
- Push the Cart (Classic): Escort the cart by standing near it to move it toward the nearest enemy structure to destroy it.
- Push the Cart (Attack / Defend): Race your opponents for who can blow up an enemy structure the fastest, except now both teams have a cart they can navigate!
- [NEW] Protect the Soraka: Two Soraka bots enter lane, but only one can leave (... cause one team is gonna destroy the other one). Beware of all the healing and bananas!
- [NEW] DPS Check: It’s like practice mode, but you need to out practice your opponent’s practice on the same Teemo dummy.
- Catapult of Champions: A cannon that launches your champion anywhere on the map appears in your base for the rest of the game. Upon landing, deal damage and push away nearby enemies.
- Blessing of Blitzcrank: Allied turrets, siege minions, and super minions have the ability to Rocket Grab nearby enemies for the rest of the game.
- Poro King: The Poro King spawns to aid your team in pushing forward and sieging enemy turrets, breathing fire on enemies and healing nearby allies periodically.
- Battle Sled: Players can jump aboard a sled from their base to nearly anywhere on the map. First person in the sled is in charge of where you go…
- Guardian Angels: Each member of the team gains a one-time Guardian Angel effect, lasting 90 seconds.
- Statikk Shock: Each player gains chain lightning zaps on their basic attacks for three minutes to help mow down waves and champions.
- B.F. Shields: Each member of the team gains a hefty shield until it is broken.
- Mega Cloud Drake: Team gets mega out-of-combat movement speed and CDR on their ultimate for three minutes.
- Mega Ocean Drake: Restores health and mana/energy when dealing damage for three minutes.
- [NEW] Elder Dragon: You can now execute enemies under a specific health threshold for a few minutes by the force of a BIG DRAGON.
Similar to our other game modes (like ARAM and URF), we'll be making Nexus Blitz-specific balance changes throughout the event, so expect an initial list of balance adjustments closer to the live date in the patch notes.
See you in the forest!
- Related Videos