The Nexus takes damage if it's struck by an attacker that wasn't blocked, taking damage equal to the power of the unit. There are various other mechanisms through which it can be damaged.
Nexuses can be targeted by any effect that specifies it can damage/heal anything or a Nexus and is not in the format Power| Health.
- If both Nexuses are destroyed by effects that occur simultaneously, the game ends in a Tie game.
- For example, if an allied Fiora kills her last required unit to win the game, while blocking an attack, and the blocked unit has Overwhelm and kills the enemy nexus when it strikes, the game will tie. This is because both these actions occur at the moment when the units strike each other.
- Another example is, if an allied unit is killed with Final Spark, and destroys the allied Nexus, and then an allied Phantom Prankster damages the enemy Nexus. These actions occur simultaneously.
- The Nexus is a distinct entity that can be a source of card effects or create cards. These effects represent game rules - this is most prevalent in the Labs game mode.
- In Labs, Nexus appears as colored lightbulb instead. This is presumably to fit the science theme of the mode.