- Nasus is one of 11 champions that have an ability that infinitely stacks an effect:
, , , , , , , , , , .
- In Nasus' case, physical damage of itself. infinitely stacks the bonus
- Nasus literally means "nose" in Latin - referencing his golden wolf head's long nose.
- Nasus is one of a few champions to have multiple textures in one skin (another one for when is active).
- He was voiced by Gene McDaniels.
- Following the death of his original voice actor, he is voiced by Erik Todd Dellums, who also voices .
- Nasus is over 3796 years old and less than 3900 years old.
- He fought alongside Setaka for 3 centuries before she died in the battle of Icathia, which happened around 2500 BN or 3500 years ago.
- is older brother and both became Ascended at the same time.
- Renek was one of the nations that belonged to the ancient Shurima Empire and was possibly located somewhere near the Renek River. The siblings may have originated from here and may have been named after it.
- He may be immune to power due to his power's connection to death.
- The Ascension Ritual takes a long time and kept it going far longer than was normal (hence his body was all but obliterated...) so that gave time for and to get back (and a day for mortals, might only be a few hours for Ascended beings...).
- His joke references Who Let the Dogs Out? by the Baha Men.
- A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- In Brazilian localization, he instead references Só as Cachorras by Bonde do Tigrão.
- In Italian localization, he says "Belli còni, ti piacciono i còni?" ("Good dags. D'ya like dags?") referencing Snatch.
- In Polish localization, he says "Wy nie wiecie, a ja wiem, jak rozmawiać trzeba z psem" ("You don't know, but I do know how to talk with dogs") referencing Akademia Pana Kleksa.
- "There, for grace, I go" might be referencing "There, but for the grace of God, go I".
- "Your soul will be measured" references Anubis from Egyptian mythology.
- "Hope is the opiate of the frail" references Karl Marx's quote "Religion... is the opiate of the masses".
- "By references be purged!" and , both from Warcraft.
- "Run, cowards!" references the eponymous boss from the arcade game Sinistar.
- The scene depicted has him using .
- He used to have red eyes and a fiercer demeanor in the first version of his post-rework art.
- He references Anubis from Egyptian mythology.
- His Ancient Egyptian army and the Was-sceptre. combines battle axes used by
- This skin shares the Galactic theme with:
- He references Stargate.
- This skin shares the Lost Empire theme with:
- This skin shares the Riot theme with:
- Along with the other Riot skins, he was obtainable by either meeting a Rioter, attending an official Riot event or through purchase in the store during events in the year of release.
- He is an anthropomorphic K-9 unit, otherwise known as a police dog and his is replaced with a baton, a weapon used for riot control.
- His canine features resemble a Dobermann's, which is fitting due to the breed being commonly trained for police work to take advantage of their large and intimidating builds and aggression.
- This skin shares the Dreadknights theme with:
- This skin shares the Infernal theme with:
- He was released along with Nasus' visual update.
- His dance references Drop It Like It's Hot by Snoop Dogg.
- A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- When he uses Cerberus. his shoulder pads spring to life, referencing
- He was released in celebration of April Fools' Day 2015 along with:
- He can be seen on the April Fools' Day 2019 login screen on the Dogs side.
- This skin shares the Worldbreaker theme with:
- His outfit and the background reference Pre-Columbian Mesoamerican civilizations, e.g. Maya, Aztec, etc.
- This skin shares the Lunar Revel theme with:
- He was released in celebration of Lunar Revel 2018 (Year of the Dog) along with:
- He's possibly based on the Heavenly Dog who eats the Sun and Moon during eclipses in Chinese mythology.
- When activating , his hair turns yellow as well as having a yellow aura around him. This is a reference to the transformations from the franchise.
- Nasus was a warrior scholar who spearheaded the military and cultural uprising of Ancient Shurima, but arrogance led to the empire's downfall, costing him his own brother .
- Nasus hopes he can cure of his madness, so that the united brothers might defeat and restore Shurima to greatness together with their resurrected emperor .
- The Nasus and used to imprison was first used to contain a beast of living fire the Magus Ascendant himself freed to keep the brothers away from the capital while he stole Ascension.
- Nasus first sought
for her royal bloodline and finds in her the hope of a reborn Shurima and the key to defeating .
- Nasus encountered when she was protecting an injured Sivir.
- Myisha, the previous Darkin Ta'anari to Nasus who guided them to the Chalicar, the blade that belonged to the Ascended queen Setaka and belongs to in the present day, which Ta'anari later used to perform a ritual that reverted the Ascension of the nearby Darkins, vaporing them. , led the
- Long before Shurima rose again from the sands, and Nasus delved into a ruined archive beneath the Great Sai and fought its awakened protector.