|“||"Time is an adventure, if you know when to look."|
In alternate universes characters, especially champions, are depicted with different appearances and various degrees of backstories changes from the ones in the main universe. Some champions may exist in an alternate universe without being a part of any skin line from that universe, such as in High Noon Gothic. Some skin lines or part of their elements may also exist in multiple alternate universes, like the Culinary Masters skin line which exists in at least 50 different universes, including Star Guardian.
In the beginning, there was nothingness, and then, The Multiverse came to be. Multiverse contains both the main universe timeline as well as its connected alternate timelines, such as those created by and . There are also multiverses for each of the different universes commonly referred to as "skin universes" or just "alternate universes".
|“||"The last revision is the only one that counts."|
These Universes have dedicated pages and/or short stories listed on the official Universe site.
- Runeterra Prime: The main universe in which most known characters reside in. It is also the universe with the most stories and general lore more commonly referred to as the "canon" lore.
- Blood Moon: A universe with an alternate depiction of Ionia. It has zealous cultists and demons who worship or originate from a mysterious blood red moon.
- Event Horizon: of galaxy spanning entities of creation and destruction. It has connections with the characters from the Odyssey universe.
- High Noon Gothic: A universe with a western-like society filled with cowboys, steampunk robots, angels, and demons.
- Music: A contemporary universe similar to real-life Earth where virtual bands or solo musicians are comprised of League of Legends champions which are performed by popular musicians. Each member of the band has a skin corresponding to their music alter-ego. Music made by these characters also appears in multiple universes.
- Odyssey: A science-fiction universe with a vast galactic civilization dependent of a mysterious golden essence known as ora. It has connections with the entities of the Event Horizon universe and characters from the Astronauts universe.
- PROJECT: A science-fiction dystopian universe of cybernetically augmented humans, mega-corporations, and artificial intelligence with its own goals.
- Pulsefire: A science-fiction dystopian universe where Chrono-enforcers of a regimental totalitarian order known as The Remembrancers control time and space. Characters from this universe are able to traverse each and every universe and timeline. Time meddling done by Chrono-fugitives can damage timelines, creates paradoxes, and creates numerous other timelines which can lead to the complete destruction of multiple timelines and universe in the hands of the chaotic Praetorians.
- Spirit Blossom: A fictional universe from the Runeterra Prime stories told during the Ionian Spirit Blossom festivals, as well as a possible afterlife in the Ionian mythos. Champions represent the characters from those stories.
- Star Guardian: A universe with anime inspired magically empowered school characters that fight evil doers across the galaxy. It is also a popular manga series in multiple universes.
|“||"I don't want to talk about time travel. It always ends in diagrams."|
These Universes do not have dedicated pages and/or short stories listed on the official Universe site. Some have Community made stories that were officially endorsed by Riot Games, others have skin bios that link together to form a story. Universes listed here may actually be skin themes that are part of a larger currently unknown universe(s) yet to be revealed by Riot Games. Some skins, like , also refers to them as "timelines".
- Runeterra Legacy: A universe with an alternate depiction of Runeterra. City states are mediated by the Institute of War, a powerful organization controlled by mages known as the Summoners. Champions from each city and area of Runeterra come to the Institute to fight in the Fields of Justice for personal or faction goals. It is also the universe which is commonly referred to as the "old" lore.
- Teamfight Tactics Prime: A universe with an alternate depiction of Runeterra. Powerful beings known as Little Legends control champions of Runeterra in a battle for supremacy. They are able to control other alternate universe versions of champions as well as battle in arenas from across the omniverse.
- Academy: A universe with characters that are part of a contemporary school environment.
- Albion: A fantasy universe of elves. It has connection to Rift Quest.
- Anniversary: A contemporary universe where characters celebrate games made by Riot Games.
- Arcade: A universe where characters interact with digital video game entities. It has connections with the Demacia Vice universe, which is one of many existing video games.
- Arcanists: A fantasy universe of mages. It has connection to Rift Quest.
- Arclight: A universe with ancient, godlike entities that descend from the heaves, choosing worthy warriors of the light divine.
- Arctic Ops: A universe with specialized military warriors trained to battle in the snow.
- Astronauts: An alternate Runeterra universe with a space exploration program. It has some connections with the space adventurers of the Odyssey universe.
- Battle Academia: A universe with anime inspired school characters training to be future heroes.
- Battlecast: A science-fiction dystopian universe also referred to as the murderbot timeline. It is a universe where achieved his glorious evolution. May have some connections with Eternum.
- Bilgewater AU: A universe with an alternate depiction of Bilgewater. Characters from different Runeterra regions are depicted in the Bilgewater style. Some character visual depictions in this universe also appear in the Runeterra Prime universe.
- Blackfrost: A universe with an alternate depiction of Freljord where characters are corrupted by the power of the .
- Bloodstone: A universe of zealous cultists who worship the hallowed Bloodstone.
- Cats Versus Dogs: A universe with characters depicted as ether cats or dogs. It has connection to High Society, Music skins and Trick-or-treat skins.
- Chaos and Order: A universe in which entities of chaos and order clash with each other in a never ending battle for dominance.
- Commando: A universe with specialized military warriors and guerilla fighters.
- Cops and Robbers: A universe with an alternate depiction of Piltover. It has a contemporary appearing police force, criminal underground, and secret agents.
- Cottontail: A universe with Easter Bunny-like characters.
- Crimson Elite: A universe with an alternate depiction of Noxus.
- Culinary Masters: A universe with a popular TV cooking show. The TV show also appears in at least 50 other universes.
- Day Job: A contemporary universe where League of Legends characters have normal real-life Earth jobs. It has connections to Cats Versus Dogs and Music skins.
- Death Sworn: A universe where fallen warriors return to the plane of the living to claim even more souls for the Underworld.
- Debonair: A universe with an alternate rendition of Piltover. Characters are well dressed gentlemen/ladies.
- Definitely Not: Definitely not an alternate universe.
- Demacia Vice: A universe with an alternate depiction of Demacia, with real-life Earth appearance of 80s police flicks. It is also a video game in the Arcade universe.
- Demonic: A universe commonly referred to as Hell. It has connections with the Harrowing alternate universe via summoning of .
- Dragon World: A universe where dragons roam free in vast numbers. Characters are ether allied with the Dragons or against them.
- Dreadknights: A universe with an alternate depiction of Freljord. Characters are part of an undead knight order.
- Dunkmaster: A contemporary universe where characters are popular basketball players.
- Eclipse: A fantasy universe with monastic knights and eldritch gods of an old world. Omen of the Dark is a story book in this universe.
- Elementalist: A universe with an alternate depiction of Demacia. rules over Demacia and does everything in her power to protect it.
- Eternum: A science-fiction universe with indoctrinated alien machines. May have some connections with Battlecast.
- Fables: A universe where mythical creatures and legends exist.
- Firecracker: A universe where characters are parts of Lunar Revel festivities.
- Forgotten Depths: A universe with eldritch horrors and legends from the deep oceans.
- Freljord AU: A universe with an alternate rendition of Freljord. Some character visual depictions in this universe also appear in the Runeterra Prime universe.
- Glacial: A universe with an alternate depiction of Freljord. Each character is a creature of ice and snow.
- Goth: A contemporary universe with characters part of the Goth/Gothic cultural movement.
- Guardian of the Sands: A universe with an alternate depiction of Shurima. It has ancient tomb guardians and evil spirits of the desert.
- Headhunter: A science-fiction dystopian universe with high-tech alien predators.
- Heartbreakers: A universe inspired by the Valentines Day regional or festive culture.
- Heavy Metal: A science-fiction dystopian universe where RiotCorp took over the world and where people fight in company's corporate-sanctioned Rift Wars gladiatorial arenas to survive.
- Hextech: A universe with an alternate depiction of Piltover and Zaun. Hextech has evolved from its rudimentary beginnings into a modern renaissance of intricate, artificial lifeforms capable of free will and skilled artificers that lead the medium into a bold new future.
- High Society: A universe of well dressed ladies and gentlemen of high standings. It may be connected to Cats Versus Dogs, Day Job, Music skins and Toy Box.
- Immortal Journey: A fantasy universe with gods and mortals wielding powerful ancient weapons.
- Infernal: A universe transformed by beings of fire.
- Invaders: A science-fiction universe with depictions of classic aliens.
- Lancer: A science-fantasy universe with ancient sentinels, powerful mechanized knights created to protect cities from any threat.
- Lost Empire: A universe with an alternate depiction of Shurima, ruled by pharaohs.
- Luchador: A contemporary universe with professional masked wrestlers.
- Lunar Revel AU: A fantasy universe inspired by the Asian New Year regional or festive culture where characters are either gods and godlike beings or monsters.
- Mad Scientists: A science-fiction universe inspired by classic Frankenstein-like characters.
- Marauders Versus Wardens: A universe with an alternate timeline depiction of the Runeterra Legacy universe. In it The Institute of War has fallen and factions such as the Magelords and Protectorate fight for the control of Runeterra.
- Mecha: A science-fiction universe where Yordles construct giant robots in order to fight alien-like kaiju emerging from the depths of the sea.
- Mecha Kingdoms: A science-fantasy universe where characters are leaders of Great Kingdoms who control avalons to fight monsters.
- Medieval: A fantasy universe set in a period similar to real-life Earth Middle Ages.
- Omega Squad: A universe with specialized Yordle military warriors and guerilla fighters.
- Omen of the Dark: A fantasy dystopian universe with eldritch gothic horrors. It is also a storybook in the Eclipse universe.
- Order of the Lotus: A universe with an alternate depiction of Ionia where each character is an Lotus Order member.
- Papercraft: A fantasy universe where most things are made of paper of intricate origami shapes and designs.
- PAX: A contemporary universe similar to real-life Earth with characters who celebrate Penny Arcade Expo.
- Piltover Customs: A universe with an alternate depiction of Piltover. Characters own vehicle customizing shops.
- Pool Party: A contemporary universe where characters enjoy summertime around pools or the sea.
- Prehistoric Hunters: A fantasy universe with large dinosaur-like monsters that live among humanoids who hunt them down.
- Rift Hospital: A contemporary universe where characters are modern medical personnel.
- Rift Quest: A fantasy universe where characters are depicted with classic table-top roleplaying archetypes and roles. It has connection to Albion.
- Road Warrior: A universe with a post-apocalypse dystopian depiction of Runeterra. Characters are wastelander and raiders.
- Silver Age: A science-fiction universe inspired by real-life Earth Silver Age comic books. It has connection to the Toy Box.
- Snowdown Showdown AU: A fantasy universe inspired by winters seasonal events. Characters range from festive celebrators to members of the Poro King court. It has connections with the Sugar Rush universe.
- Soccer Cup: A contemporary universe where characters are popular football players.
- Spirit Guard: A universe with an alternate depiction Ionia. It is a timeline where a shaman from a frozen land remained in the First Lands and perfected his skills with the teachings of Hirana.
- Steel Legion: A science-fiction dystopian universe with an alternate depiction of Demacia. It features characters equipped with Tesla-like weaponry.
- Steel Valkyries: A science-fiction dystopian universe with galaxy spanning empires, pirate organizations, and exo-suits with godlike abilities.
- Storybook: A fantasy universe with fairy tale characters.
- Sugar Rush: A fantasy universe where the world and characters are made of candy. It has connections with the Snowdown Showdown AU universe.
- Super Galaxy: A science-fiction universe inspired by super robot animes.
- Thunder Lord: A universe with entities that can control the primal powers of thunder.
- Toy Box: A contemporary universe where ordinary toys come to life.
- Traditional: A universe with alternate depictions of characters from Runeterra Prime universe.
- Trick-or-Treat: A universe inspired by the Harrowing and Halloween regional or festive cultures.
- Warring Kingdoms: A universe where characters are parts of rival empires.
- Winter Sports: A contemporary universe close to real-life Earth where characters are popular winter sports stars.
- Woad Tribe: A universe with an alternate depiction of Freljord. Characters are members of the Woad Tribe.
- Wonders of the World: A universe inspired by real-life Earth and its cultures, both historical, mythical, and contemporary.
- World Championship: A contemporary universe inspired by the League of Legends World Championship.
- Worldbreaker: A fantasy universe inspired by real-life Earth mesoamerican cultures. It has deities that hold the fate of the world in their hands.
- Zombies VS Slayers: A universe where characters are either zombies or zombie slayers.
Potential Unsorted Universes
|“||"Paradoxes. I hate those guys."|
These Universes do not have dedicated pages and/or short stories listed on the official Universe site. They include skins that may not have bios but still link together through either splash arts or theme. Universes listed here may actually be skin themes that are part of a larger currently unknown universe(s) yet to be revealed by Riot Games.
- Surprise Party: A universe where champions join 's surprise party. It has connection to High Society, Toy Box and Culinary Masters.
- Bee: A universe where characters are connected to bees.
- Chosen and Forsaken: A universe potentially inspired by the Star Wars .
- Galactic: A universe similar to the Battlestar Galactica franchise.
- Jurassic: A universe where characters are fossils of ancient beasts.
- Urf: A universe where characters are connected to Urf, The Manatee.
- Runeterra Legacy use to be the primary universe and canon lore of the League of Legends intellectual property. The lore itself had direct connections to what players did within the game of League of Legends, such as the Ionia vs Noxus event and the Journal of Justice. Since 2014 ( Shurima lore update event) it has been mostly abandoned and replaced with the Runeterra Prime universe and the Marauders Versus Wardens skin universe (an alternate Runeterra Legacy timeline). Most character story biographies and Judgments of the "old" lore are archived in the character history pages.
- Several universes have connections to other universes or characters from those universes due to skin biographies, short stories, splash art, and/or quotes.
- The League of Legends intellectual property has both multiverse and omniverse concepts.
- Currently the only universe stated to not be part of the larger League of Legends omniverse is the Valorant universe, despite obvious symbolism and references to the League of Legends intellectual property.