Monsters are neutral enemies show up in PvE rounds in the Teamfight Tactics game modes. They can have the appearance of Red Minions or Monsters in other game modes.
Just like normal rounds, if the player champions cannot kill the enemies, the player Little Legends will take damage. However, unlike PvP rounds, the players know which monster they will be facing, indicated by the round logo in the stage tracker.
Killing a monster has a chance to drop a mystery box. Each mystery box has a rarity, granting various rewards based on its rarity:
- Common boxes contain: gold (average 3.5), champions, or .
- Uncommon Boxes contain: component items, gold (average 7.5), champions, or .
- Rare boxes contain: a gold (average 9), champions, or . , advanced items,
At least one mystery box is guaranteed by winning a PvE round. The stronger the monster, the higher chance it will drop an item.
Every player gets approximately the same number of boxes and the same number of item components across a single game.
Epic monsters have a combined item and get the benefit from them. The item is then droppped as a rare box, when the monster is killed.
Each monster round has a different mechanic. Knowing the mechanics allow players to prepare position and champions better.
This is the list of PVE rounds.
|Round||Event / Enemies|
|Set 1 and 2||Set 3|
|1-2||2 melee minions||2 Cytes|
|1-3||2 melee minions and 1 ranged minion||3 Cytes|
|1-4||2 melee minions and 2 ranged minions||1 Kayn and 2 Cytes|
|2-7||3 Krugs||3 Terrabursters|
|3-7||1 Greater Murk Wolf and 4 Murk Wolves||5 Anchortails|
|4-7||1 Crimson Raptor and 4 Raptors||2 Arcraptors and 3 Skitterbeaks|
|8-7||1 Dragon||1 Kayn|
|9-7||Rift Herald||Rift Herald|
|10-7||1 Elder Dragon|
- 3 Ancient Krugs spawn, 2 on the left side and 1 on the right side. Whenever one Krug is defeated the other Krugs regain full health. Grievous Wounds reduces healing from Krugs.
- The best strategy is to place your team on the right to kill the Krug that is alone first. Remember to place Assassins on the left so that they jump on the right Krug.
- 1 Greater Murk Wolf and 4 Murk Wolves spawn, the whole pack spawns in the right side. At the start of combat, Wolves stealth for a short duration and jump behind the farthest enemy.
- Greater Murk Wolf's stats:
- Murk Wolves' stats:
- Note: If all champions on the other side of the board are all Assassins, everyone will stealth for short duration and no one will jump.
- 1 Crimson Raptor and 4 Raptors spawn. Whenever one Raptor is defeated, all the other Raptors become Crimson Raptors, becoming stronger each time and gaining attack speed.
- Crimson Raptor's stats:
- Raptor's stats:
- 3 Terrabursters spawn, 2 on the left side and 1 on the right side. Whenever one Terraburster is defeated the other Terrabursters regain full health. Grievous Wounds reduces healing from Terrabursters.
- The best strategy is to place your team on the right to kill the Terraburster that is alone first. Remember to place Infiltrators on the left so that they jump on the right Terraburster.
- 1 Greater Anchortail and 4 Anchortails spawn, the greater one is at the center, the other one is at the center backline. At the start of combat, Anchortails stealth for a short duration and jump behind the farthest enemy.
- Greater Anchortail's stats:
- Anchortail's stats:
- Note: If all champions on the board are all Infiltrators, everyone will stealth for short duration and no one will jump.
- 2 Arcraptor and 3 Skitterbeaks spawn. Whenever one Raptor is defeated, all the other Raptors becoming larger each time and gaining attack damage.
- Arcraptor's stats:
- Raptor's stats:
Epic units always have a combined item equipped and benefit from that item. Dragon drops two common orbs in addition to their carried item. Elder Dragon and Rift Herald drop a common and an uncommon orb in addition to their carried item.
- Elite Kayn
- Umbral Trespass: Kayn becomes untargetable and infests the farthest enemy champion for 2.5 seconds. At the end of the duration, Kayn dashes 2-hex away from their body in the optimized direction, dealing 1500 magic damage to his target and all other enemies hit.
- is an icon showing the mystery orb, rewards from defeating monsters.
- Before V9.18, the rewards is store in a box instead. is an icon showing the old box.