Monsters are neutral enemies show up in PvE rounds in the Teamfight Tactics game modes. They can have the appearance of Red Minions or Monsters in other game modes.
Just like normal rounds, if the player champions cannot kill the enemies, the player Little Legends will take damage. However, unlike PvP rounds, the players know which monster they will be facing, indicated by the round logo in the stage tracker.
Killing a monster has a chance to drop a mystery box. Each mystery box has a rarity, granting various rewards based on its rarity:
- Common boxes contain: gold (average 3.5), champions, or .
- Uncommon Boxes contain: component items, gold (average 7.5), champions, or .
- If they contain a , they also give 2 additional gold.
- Rare boxes contain: a gold (average 9), champions, or .
, advanced items,
- If they contain a , they also give 5 additional gold.
At least one mystery box is guaranteed by winning a PvE round. The stronger the monster, the higher chance it will drop an item. The first 3 PvE round always drop at least 1 small orb.
Every player gets approximately the same number of boxes and the same number of item components across a single game.
Epic monsters have a combined item and get the benefit from them. The item is then droppped as a rare box, when the monster is killed.
Each monster round has a different mechanic. Knowing the mechanics allow players to prepare position and champions better.
This is the list of PVE rounds.
|Round||Event / Enemies|
|Set 1 and 2||Set 3|
|1-2||2 melee minions||2 Cytes|
|1-3||2 melee minions and 1 ranged minion||3 Cytes|
|1-4||2 melee minions and 2 ranged minions||1 Kayn and 2 Cytes|
|2-7||3 Krugs||3 Terrabursters|
|3-7||1 Greater Murk Wolf and 4 Murk Wolves||5 Anchortails|
|4-7||1 Crimson Raptor and 4 Raptors||2 Arcraptors and 3 Skitterbeaks|
|8-7||1 Dragon||1 Kayn|
|9-7||Rift Herald||Rift Herald|
|10-7||1 Elder Dragon|
- Blade's Reach: Kayn performs an upwards sweep with his scythe, dealing 200 magic damage to all enemies in a 3-hex line.
- Shadow Step: Upon taking lethal damage, Kayn enters stealth, runs away and returns after some time.
- 3 Ancient Krugs spawn, 2 on the left side and 1 on the right side. Whenever one Krug is defeated the other Krugs regain full health. Grievous Wounds reduces healing from Krugs.
- The best strategy is to place your team on the right to kill the Krug that is alone first. Remember to place Assassins on the left so that they jump on the right Krug.
- 1 Greater Murk Wolf and 4 Murk Wolves spawn, the whole pack spawns in the right side. At the start of combat, Wolves stealth for a short duration and jump behind the farthest enemy.
- Greater Murk Wolf's stats:
- Murk Wolves' stats:
- Note: If all champions on the other side of the board are all Assassins, everyone will stealth for short duration and no one will jump.
- 1 Crimson Raptor and 4 Raptors spawn. Whenever one Raptor is defeated, all the other Raptors become Crimson Raptors, becoming stronger each time and gaining attack speed.
- Crimson Raptor's stats:
- Raptor's stats:
- 3 Terrabursters spawn, 2 on the left side and 1 on the right side. Whenever one Terraburster is defeated the other Terrabursters regain full health. Grievous Wounds reduces healing from Terrabursters.
- The best strategy is to place your team on the right to kill the Terraburster that is alone first. Remember to place Infiltrators on the right so that they jump on the right Terraburster.
- 1 Greater Anchortail and 4 Anchortails spawn, the greater one being at the center, the others at the center backline. At the start of combat, Anchortails stealth for a short duration and jump behind the farthest enemy.
- Greater Anchortail's stats:
- Anchortail's stats:
- Note: If all champions on the board are all Infiltrators, everyone will stealth for short duration and no one will jump.
- 2 Arcraptor and 3 Skitterbeaks spawn. Whenever one Raptor is defeated, all the other Raptors becoming larger each time and gaining attack damage.
- Arcraptor's stats:
- Raptor's stats:
Epic units always have a combined item equipped and benefit from that item. Dragon drops two common orbs in addition to their carried item. Elder Dragon and Rift Herald drop a common and an uncommon orb in addition to their carried item.
- Elite Kayn
- Umbral Trespass: Kayn becomes untargetable and infests the farthest enemy champion for 2.5 seconds. At the end of the duration, Kayn dashes 2-hex away from their body in the optimized direction, dealing 1500 magic damage to his target and all other enemies hit.
- The What's in the Orb summoner icon features the mystery orb, a reward for defeating monsters.
- Before patch V9.18, the rewards were in the form of a box instead. The What's in the Box summoner icon features this box.
- All of the PvE round monsters were reused from League of Legends assets:
- The returns from Set 2.
- Odyssey: Extraction, a space-themed featured game mode in League of Legends.
, , , , and are all monsters from
- In the game, Terrabursters used avatar.
- The lesser use an edited model and texture of the original.
- With the introduction of round victory dances in Set 3, the monsters accordingly dance upon the player's defeat. However, they could not normally be made to dance in Odyssey: Extraction.
- , and perform the dance animation of the League of Legends unit they are based off, namely for the former one and for the latter two.
- and perform a dance animation unique to Teamfight Tactics rather than the one of the League of Legends unit they are based off of, namely for the former and for the latter.
- champion that appears as due to the skin being best suited for "Galaxies" theme of Set 3.
is a League of Legends
- His Round 1-4 form's ability is based on his
- When slain, he visually performs , hinting his return later in the game.
- His Round 8-7 Elite form's ability is based on his
- There is a rare chance for the player to fight him in one of his Kayn Ascended (representing his transformation) or Rhaast Unbound (representing his transformation). transformations,
- Unlike other Epic monsters, Rhaast Unbound has three items equipped. Killing him will reward the player them instead of the typical two gold-containing orbs and a single item.
- If equipped with a  , he will summon a to fight by his side.
- His Round 1-4 form's ability is based on his
- All monsters from Set 1 return.
- The new elemental variants, the , , and , were first implemented in Summoner's Rift.
- and are units that appear in almost every League of Legends mode. The ones featured here specifically belong to the Red team.
- Summoner's Rift. , , , , , , and are all neutral jungle monsters in