Ionian art of Wuju, Yi has devoted his life to continuing the legacy of his people—scrutinizing potential new disciples with the Seven Lenses of Insight to identify the most worthy among them.has tempered his body and sharpened his mind, so that thought and action have become almost as one. Though he chooses to enter into violence only as a last resort, the grace and speed of his blade ensures resolution is always swift. As one of the last living practitioners of the
|"The edge of the sharpest blade is no match for the calm of the peaceful mind." — Master Yi|
- Yi was trained by Master .
- Master Yi has a close teacher- student relationship with Wuju village, he taught Wukong the to honor the legacy of his lost home (although the Monkey King uses a rather than a sword). . As the last survivor of
- In the old lore, his Seven Lenses of Insight was created by Wuju.
. In the new lore, it was made by Master of the
- staff was also made by Doran.
- Noxian military commander named Emystan, who Riven's unit was assigned to escort, to help her break the bitter stalemate of the war in Ionia. Both warband and Yi's Wuju village were decimated by Singed's chemicals.
was approached by a
- Seeing the approval of slaughter of the innocent caused by Singed and Emystan also made Quilleta Varn grew more disillusioned by the empire's ambitions, which led to her rebel against the empire and the events of comic Blood of Noxus.
- The fact that Subhuti, or Wukong's more famous master during his pilgrimage to the West, the historical Chinese Buddhist pilgrim Xuanzang, who contributed greatly to the translation of Buddhist texts into Chinese, thus earning the byname Tripitaka त्रिपिटक (Mandarin: 三藏 Sānzàng), after the Pali canon. was trained under Master Yi is a possible reference to Sun Wukong's original master,