Life steal (LS) is a stat that restores health to the attacker on all basic attacks, including effects or abilities that modify the basic attack (such as or Spellblade). On-hit effects do not apply life steal.
Life steal is calculated from the effective damage done by the attack, after modifiers and mitigation (i.e. armor).
Increasing life steal
|450||3 %||Summoner's Rift|
|950||10 %||Howling Abyss|
- below 40% health) (while
Increasing attack drain
- Life steal stacks additively, and has no cap.
- passive is a unique multiplicative increase, so if you had 10% life steal before, you will now have 13%, and not 40% life steal (10% × 1.3 = 13% life steal).
- Life steal will heal from all damage done to minions, monsters, pets and champions.
- Life steal will not heal from damage done to towers and inhibitors.
- Life steal works for abilities that apply on-hit effects such as and , and doesn't work for abilities that don't apply on-hit effects, nor with item actives like with .
- Life steal does not work with True damage, for example .
- Healing reduction effects like and reduce the health restored by life steal.
- Heal Power. bonus damage healing is considered a drain effect, so even though you would take life steal to increase its healing, it will be affected by
- See Healing reduction for more information.
Last updated: November 21, 2017 - V7.23
- The maximum achievable life steal by a playable champion is 287.43% on . Take notice this is not the stat shown in game. It's just the % amount of healing you get from basic attacks.
- A combination of two of any of the following items:
- Life Steal Multiplier:
- Relevant mathematics:
- Items = + + + = 74%
- Runes = = 12%
- Buffs = + = 115%
- Heal Multiplier =
× = 1.43
- life steal = ( + + ) × 1.43 = 287.43% life steal