Life steal (LS) is a stat that restores health to the attacker based on a portion of damage dealt from a basic attack, including attacks that are modified by effects or abilities (such as or Spellblade). Life steal works for abilities that apply on-hit effects such as and , but not with item actives (e.g. ). Usually, on-hit effects do not interact with life steal.
Life steal is calculated from the effective damage dealt by the attack after modifiers and mitigation (i.e. armor).
Increasing life steal
|450||3 %||Summoner's Rift|
|950||10 %||Howling Abyss|
- below 40% health) (while
- Life steal stacks additively, and has no cap.
- passive is a unique multiplicative increase. For example, if a unit had 10% life steal, the 40% increase would be calculated as: 10% × 1.3 = 13% life steal.
- Life steal will not work against structures and wards.
- Healing reduction effects like and reduces the health restored by life steal.
- Heal Power. bonus damage healing is considered a drain effect, even thought it scales off life steal. This means that the healing is affected by
- See Healing reduction for more information.
Last updated: November 21, 2017 - V7.23
- The maximum achievable life steal by a playable champion is 287.43% on . Take note this is not the stat shown in game. It simply states the amount of percentage healing received basic attacks.
- A combination of two of any of the following items:
- Life Steal Multiplier:
- Relevant mathematics:
- Items = + + + = 74%
- Runes = = 12%
- Buffs = + = 115%
- Heal Multiplier =
× = 1.43
- life steal = ( + + ) × 1.43 = 287.43% life steal