"Time for a shakedown."
This year’s Snowdown brings with it our next featured game mode… and a legend. The “Legend of the Poro King”. We’ve dramatically changed what fights on the Howling Abyss will look like, so let’s get straight into the rules: Played on the Howling Abyss, Legend of the Poro King is a 5v5 Blind Draft game mode, where your goal is still to destroy the enemy team’s nexus. However, you’ll have some Poro companions with you (to throw at each other of course), be diving deep to make #bigplays and work together to summon some help from the legendary Poro King himself.
- Players: 5
- Map: Howling Abyss
- Mode type:
- Win Condition: Destroy enemy team's nexus.
When playing the Legend of the Poro King, your regular summoner spells are replaced with two new ones (does not allow access to regular summoner spells), made just for the mode:
Poro Toss/Poro Dash
- "Cast Poro Toss once and sling your smaller poro across the Abyss. The range is way, way longer than you expect. And don’t worry, the poros love a good toss. After landing a hit, trigger Poro Toss again to Poro Dash, flying to your poro’s target. It’s like Lee Sin’s Q, but more endearing. Finally, when your team lands ten Poro Tosses, you summon the Poro King."
To The King!
- "When the Poro King is on the scene and your team, activate To the King! to poro-fy yourself and rocket to your liege. It’s like Lee Sin’s Safeguard, but more endearing."
The Poro King is benevolent and will aid whichever team has summoned him. He can be dispelled, but only to return again when enough favour has been curried with him. As a tanky siege minion, he brings an impressive power boost to whichever team he’s aiding.
Players can also feed him with Snax to trigger his special abilities.
- - Shoots a barrage of ice missiles. So cold!
- - This is too hot for Poros, and causes the King to spew fire! Fire is hot... don't touch that!
- - So... much... caffeine! O_O The King bounces around, knocking back enemies and gains a shield.
- - Snacks for all Poros! Whee! The Poros get so excited for the Snax that they stampede out, knocking around any champions in their path...
- While playing this mode, each champion is followed by two poros. These poros change appearance when using one of the new poro summoner icons. For the list of icons, go to Media/Icons tab.
- The summoner spell Poro Toss/Poro Dash is later implemented on the ARAM mode. The ARAM version spells are called and .