- Kled is one of 19 champions without a single ability power ratio on any ability: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- Kled and Skaarl are the first champion with two health bars, combining to form the highest in-game base health, with Kled's being the lowest.
- Kled is also the first champion in the game whose health cannot be improved except through growth per level, the second being .
- Kled, while movement speed of all champions at 285. , has the lowest base
- Mr. Toad's Wild Ride from the animated film The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, originally adapted from the children's novel The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame. is most likely a reference to the Disneyland attraction
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 called MR BONES WILD RIDE that took in game years to complete. Then, once a passenger finally got off the ride, it led back to the start of the ride, creating an never-ending cycle of riding the attraction. One of the most famous quotes that a ton of riders thought was "I want to get off 'MR BONES WILD RIDE'". also might reference a meme where a person built a ride in
- Kled is the first champion to swear (albeit censored) in-game.
- Kled's Moonwalk, a famous dance move.
dance references the
- A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- The song used in the short cinematic The Reunion is Edvard Grieg's, Peer Gynt - Morning Mood.
- Kled is voiced by Spike Spencer.
- is also voiced by the same voice actor.
- During development he was called  .
- Kled's first placeholder model during production was a tiny pink to represent Skaarl, while his second placeholder model was riding on the same tiny pink to represent Kled riding on Skaarl. Their animations, including their /dance, /joke, /taunt and movement, played at the same time.
- Instead of , his Q was a conic AoE which unleashed three slashes after a delay in the targeted direction. The 'flurry of melee hits' aspect of this ability was retained in .
- Instead of , his W was a targeted AoE, tossing out a net (similar in looks to 's ), affecting all caught targets with an effect akin to .
- Instead of
, his ultimate was completely identical to .
- These effects can be viewed here.
- Inspirations include Hunter S. Thompson, George S. Patton, and Don Quixote.
- Kled's name resembles Welsh noun cledd(yf) /kleːð(ɨv)/ "sword", from Proto-Celtic *kladiwos
- Skaarl is from a species called
al , immortal, unkillable wind spirits that embody the desolation of the Noxian Plains.
- Kled's posters call Skaarl the 'pride of Noxus' and a 'decorated veteran of the battle of Bucket Creek', with the drakalops' gender changing depending on the poster; Kled knows that Skaarl is female, yet unaware of the posters' conundrum.
- Kled is over 1000 years old, older than Noxus itself as he was present among the Noxii during the Rune War and possibly even earlier than that. He has become a myth and an icon of the empire, even though most are not aware of his true appearance and the fact that he is a Yordle.
- Kled's relation with Noxus draws parallels with Demacia and a hero's reputation, although Poppy's name is not known. relation to the founding of
- Kled is the most distinguished military person to ever live, although most of his titles are made up and/or self-proclaimed.
- Kled's 'mushroom juice' may be derived from the ones uses for his .
- "Holy [redacted], where are we?" has the curse bleeped over for Entertainment Software Rating Board rating concerns, as well as for other ratings (League of Legends is rated T for 13-year-olds and above by ESRB) as well as humorous purposes.
- "Of course you realize, this means war" references Bugs Bunny from Looney Tunes.
- "I dont need nothing but this axe... and this gun... and this hat" references The Jerk.
- "I'm Kled, and this here's Skaarl. Prepare to die" references Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride.
- Kled and Kalista "Die". share the quote
- "Don't try and understand 'em, just rope, throw and brand 'em." is a reference to the song Rawhide.
- "Serenity now!" references an episode from Seinfeld.
- "It's go time!" might be referencing Seinfeld as well.
- "This! Is! Noxus!" references the movie 300.
- "Nice axe - learn to use it!" is similar to 's quote "Nice axe - I'll take it!".
- "Yeah, yeah, invade Ionia you said, it'll be fine you said!" references the meme It Will Be Fun, They Said.
- "Y'know, a long time ago, being crazy meant something." is a quote by Charles Manson.
- "Too stupid to live, too dumb to die." references Raoul Duke from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
- "I hate to advocate violence and insanity, but it's worked for me." is a play on a quote by author Hunter S. Thompson.
- "Noxus was created to train the faithful." references Dune
- He and Skaarl may be referencing the characters Sir Didymus and Ambrosius from the movie Labyrinth.
- A sign depicting what seems to be 's helmet with a red cross on top of it can be seen in the background.
- This skin shares the Medieval theme with:
- He was heavily inspired by Yosemite Sam from Looney Tunes.
- He and Skaarl respectively resemble an Final Fantasy). and a (both from
- The windmill in the background might be referencing Don Quixote.
- Rejected names for this skin include 'Kled the Cavalier' and 'Grass Knight Kled'.
- This skin shares the Trick-or-Treat theme with:
- and can be seen in the background of his splash art.
- He was released in celebration of Harrowing 2018 along with:
- Kled fought together with back when the latter was still alive but doesn't think much of the new undead abomination.
- Kled's champion page shows that every champion (including himself, bizarrely) in the game is his rival and Skaarl is his only friend.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.