Script error Script error
- Playing As
- Look at the line-up of both your team and the enemy's team when picking your form.
- Remember that nearby enemies can see which wall you're in.
- Playing Against
- requires Kayn to damage a target first. Try to dodge to deny him a long range cast of .
- When Kayn is in terrain near you, you will get a visual warning on the edge of the terrain he's in.
- Damage Kayn while he's in to shorten its duration, or apply hard crowd control (stun, charm, knockup, etc) to end immediately.
- Ability Usage
- Mastery Usage
- is the go-to when going for the Shadow Assassin form, as it is on any assassin, since the extra damage is needed to ensure that he can burst down squishies. However, is a viable alternative that, while reducing his damage potential, makes him less prone to kiting. It is a especially good choice against champions that rely on slows to kite Kayn, examples include Ashe.
- When going for Rhaast,
is the superior choice, since he will be more focused on dealing sustained damage.
- is an alternative that gives Rhaast more sustain and grants him the ability to use , which gives him a tenacity (this is a big deal if Rhaast is using as he will still have tenacity). It reduces Rhaast's damage output, however.
- Additionally, taking will boost Rhaast's passive sustains, as well as the heal from Shadow Step.
- Item Usage
- works well with Kayn's Shadow Assassin form. With his ult, Kayn becomes unseen by the enemy, allowing him to potentially proc Nightstalker a second time.
- physical damage for both forms, in addition to some resilience to burst damage. The high amounts of AD also scales his healing when using Shadow Step. adds an additional form of sustain from all
- boosts Kayn's Rhaast's passive healing as well as hiis heal from Shadow Step, thus giving him more sustain in duels, teamfights, and roams/ganks.
- synergizes with Rhaast's max health damage from Reaping Slash, allowing him to burst through a tank's health bar more quickly. (Keep in mind that it only works with Kayn's basic attacks so use Reaping Slash first and then land autos.)
- Both of 's passives aid Kayn in skirmishes. Since Reaping Slash deals two instances of physical damage, a well-aimed proc applies the Cleave passive twice, shredding 8% of an enemy champion's armor instead of 4%. Additionally, the passive movement speed buff is welcoming to Kayn's mobile assassin kit, in particular when used with Shadow Step.
- Because Grievous Wounds items to have a better chance of fighting him. Keep in mind, however, that and by extension, , are less effective against Rhaast than other healing reliant champions. This is because he heals with his abilities instead of his basic attacks. is reliant on healing to last during teamfights and to duel enemies, it is recommended to buy
- works in a similar way to . Purchasing a on AD champions will make you immune to the final damage effect.