Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
- The stacking attack speed is tracked via a buff called Zeal, while the maximum stacks bonus grants the buff Exalted.
- Subsequent applications will also refresh the duration of all stacks, but all of them are lost when expired.
- If Kayle is in her attack animation after the stacks expire, she gains another 0.5 seconds to refresh/stack Zeal.
- Each stack grants attack speed based on the amount of ability power Kayle has at the time the stack is acquired and will not update when ability power is changed.
- For example, if a stack is acquired while Kayle has 100 ability power, it will grant 7% attack speed. If an additional 100 ability power is gained immediately afterwards (for a total of 200), the next stack will grant 8%. If all ability power is then immediately lost, the next stack will only grant 6%.
- Basic attacks within 175 will still use Kayle's melee basic attack animations and do not utilize projectiles.
- They are still classified as ranged attacks.
- Due to this fact, projectile blocking effects cannot intercept basic attacks while Kayle's target is within her "melee" range.
- Basic attacks against structures do not trigger fire waves.
- While at 4 stacks of Zeal, the next on-attack reaching the fifth stack will be empowered by Aflame, releasing the first fire wave.
- Zeal and Exalted buffs swapped to a new buff that grants the benefit of both and it is not visible on Kayle's HUD.
- This buff also updates its attack speed value whenever a happens and ability power is changed, however, it does not track ability power from other buffs, unless they have been specifically special cased. The following buffs are not special cased yet and will not grant bonus attack speed:
Fire Waves Details
- A wave consists of three projectiles for the hitbox and a fourth for visuals.
- The hitbox projectiles spawn 75 units behind Kayle, travel through her, and are destroyed once they've traveled 850 units. Their technical details are:
- Projectile blocking effects can block each projectile individually.
- It is possible to block the visuals, but still get hit by an unblocked "invisible" hitbox projectile.
- Hitting an enemy with multiple projectiles of the same wave will not increase the damage dealt.
- The fire wave shares cast instance with the triggering basic attack.
- Keep in mind that it's still two damage instances. If one triggers , the other's damage will be blocked.
- Fire waves roll critical strike chance on each target hit individually.
- A known issue is that despite dealing area spell damage the fire wave does not:
- consume Mana Charge from and its upgrades,
- or trigger .
Interactions & Other
- Because Kayle is both a melee and ranged champion, she can purchase both ranged and melee exclusive items at anytime, but their effects will function depending on her current range type; the same principle also applies to runes.
- However, keep in mind that, prior to ascending to Arisen, also changes this behaviour based on its usage.
- Waves are fired in the direction that Kayle is facing. Changing that during the early animation via will also change the direction of the wave.
- Each ascension has an unique animation and a voice line. (See: Kayle's quotes)
- The ascensions' animation will override the current one, but it does not cancel Kayle's current action, nor her previous orders.
- The portal is created at the start of the cast time and it does not follow Kayle's movement, using or getting displaced won't change its position nor direction.
- The explosion consist of 5 hitboxes, forming a cross-like shape centered 100 units ahead from the impact in its direction. Their technical data can be seen below and visualized on the image to the right.
ExplosionCenter: 100 radius
ExplosionLeft: 150 distance, 125 width
ExplosionRight: 150 distance, 125 width
ExplosionBackward: 100 distance, 90 width
ExplosionForward: 400 distance, 90 width
- The resistance reduction is applied after the damage has been dealt.
Interactions & Other
- The visual effects of the explosion shows the blade and guard of Kayle's swords.
- The cast delay represents how much time needed for the projectile to spawn.
- Since patch V9.17, the cast time matches the cast delay. The ability before had a 0.5 second cast delay and the cast time matched Kayle's basic attack timer.
- The resistance reduction can be tracked on the HUD as a debuff called Sundered.
- Its VFX only lasts for 3 seconds.
- Starfire Spellblade will be buffered and cast when the cooldown ends if the player attempts to cast it within 0.1 seconds of the cooldown ending.
- Starfire Spellblade consist of 3 parts, each dealing different type of damage source type:
- The basic attack and the active's portion shares the same cast instance since patch V11.1. (Exception: , see under Interactions & Other.)
- Parry interactions:
- 𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓 : All parry interactions are marked for retesting because of patch V11.1 changes.
Interactions & Other
- While the active's effect is up, a circle is visible to Kayle, indicating her range, however, this circle only takes into account effect on her range, not other sources such as .
- To clarify the description, Starfire Spellblade can behave both as a ranged and melee attack based on how far the target is prior to Kayle ascending to , after which the attack will be always using ranged standards.
- If the target is 200 units away or closer, the attack will be considered melee. This also uses her melee animations, not utilizing projectiles even after ascending.
- If the target is over 200 units, the attack will be considered ranged.
- To further expand on this: Using the ranged empowered attack will change Kayle's range type to ranged while the projectile is alive. This means that if the target could outrun the projectile, Kayle would be stuck on being ranged, although the bonuses from the active are not kept. While it's unlikely to be on this temporary ranged state for longer than half a seconds during a normal playthrough, it is possible to achieve few seconds when specific conditions are met.
- Keep in mind that while on-hit effects will be applied to all targets in the explision, on-attack effects are only applied once per basic attack, not per target hit.
- Single-use on-hits, such as Spellblade, will be applied to the main target.
- If the main target died prior to the projectile reaching them, or if it was a jungle plant, the effects will be applied to the closest target from the explosion's center.
- Phantom Hit can only be applied to the main target.
- Despite being one cast instance, Starfire Spellblade triggers Shock twice on each target, dealing normal bonus damage after the basic attack and increased bonus damage after the spell, totalling at ( 5% / 4.2%) maximum mana (+ 6% AD) bonus physical damage.
- Divine Judgment's cast time does not interrupt movement.
- Prior to becoming Transcended, casting Divine Judgment refreshes the duration of stacks.
- If casted on herself, Kayle's basic attack range is reduced to 400 during Divine Judgment's cast time to bring her within the effective range of the ability if attack commands are issued on an enemy.
- The area around the target does not appear if the target is not visible to the enemies' point of view.
- While the target is invulnerable, a number indicator will appear beneath them whenever they would receive damage to show the amount that was entirely mitigated. This is calculated pre-mitigation, or before resistances and reductions are taken into account.
Interactions & Other
- Energized behaves strangely with the set basic attack range, causing it to go from 400 to 385 over 4 . (So 400 - 390 - 387 - 385)
- Upon completing the cast time, the proper range needs 2 updates to set in. ( 660 - 675 while ; 710 - 725 while )
- Gaining Energized during the cast time will cause the range to cycle between 525 and 550 until the cast time finishes and set to the proper range after 1 update.
- Selling 250 during the cast time sets the range to be
- The invulnerability can be tracked on the HUD as a buff called Intervention.
- As mentioned in some of the ability descriptions, Kayle's basic attacks within 175 units will always use her melee animation, even after becoming ranged, not utilizing projectiles.
- Basic attack empowered by Starfire Spellblade have a 200 "melee" range.
- Upon becoming , Kayle's portrait icon for certain skins will change:
- Keep in mind that from others' point of view, only the Original skin is shown.
- The projectile speed of Kayle's basic attacks are the second highest in the game with its 5000 speed among all ranged basic attacks that utilizes projectiles. gun has the fastest at 92400 speed, while has the slowest at 1000 speed. The average is between 1500 and 2000.
- The first buff from Kayle's innate passive ( Zeal) shares its name with the item .
- Her dance references Elaine Benes' dance from Seinfeld.
- A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- In Ultimate Spellbook, Kayle ascends without the player's input. This is caused by the fact that the choosen Ult-ernate Summoner Spells are automatically ranked up when the required levels are reached, which also matches the levels that the player may initiate the ascensions on.
- For the expanded patch notes, see here.