|“||"We have the great city of Ixaocan. What does your Shurima have? Sand and ghosts."|
Ixaocan is the capital city of Ixtal. Located in southern region of the Ixtal Jungle. Hidden city of the Ixtali. Far older than most outsiders would ever guess, its great arcologies are neither wholly habitats nor colleges of magic, but something in between.
In truth, Ixtal is not the uninhabited wilderness many imagine. Far from prying eyes and greedy hands, the sprawling arcologies of Ixaocan remain safely hidden by the deepest rainforests.
Champions of Ixaocan
Other Related Champions
- traveled to Ixaocan to study elemental Time magic.
- Cardinal Arcology: The arcologies are connected by intersecting lines of power, and each represents a specific form or discipline of elemental magic. The largest are home to tens of thousands of Ixtali practitioners. The Cardinal Arcology, seat of the ruling Yun Tal caste, has stood since before the ancient Shurimans raised their first Sun Disc. Its great arcologies are neither wholly habitats nor colleges of magic, but something in between.
- Vidalion: Within the cardinal arcology of Ixaocan is a grand chamber, deliberately positioned at the very center of Ixtal, and indeed the whole of Runeterra, as far as the Ixtali are concerned. Above this chamber hangs the Vidalion, an ancient artifact that can weave magic into material form.
- Magma Arcology: High in the mountains, the mages of this relatively small arcology combine their understandings of fire, rock, and magnetism to draw precious metals from the earth, crafting them into exquisite shapes with the merest gesture.
- Water Arcology: Located next to one of the many river confluences of the Serpentine River, the mages of this arcology combine their understandings of water, ice, and steam to reshape the land around them.
Very Little is Known of Ixtal's History by those outside its borders. Indeed, over the years, countless expeditions-from Noxus, Bilgewater, and more recently The Piltover Explorers Guild-have delved into the Jungle in search of arcane treasures or new territorial claims... only to vanish without a trace.
The Ixtali wear clothing best suited for a tropical environment. The clothing is vibrant in color, patterns and designs. Ixtali wear clothing best suited for their caste work, with an Axiom altering a persons garment with elemental magic.
- Elemental Clothing: Upon acceptance into the ruling Yun Tal caste, an initiate will have their own magic woven around them by the Vidalion, creating shimmering garments that respond to the needs of the wearer. This confirms the status of a true elemental master, who will lead and teach others in turn.
To the people of Ixtal, the world is merely a vast confluence of material forces, which they alone are capable of mastering. Each and every permutation of elemental magic—from the most simple to the most complex—is governed by a numbered Axiom, held almost sacred by the arcology that teaches it. There are at least over a hundred axioms that are learned and practiced by Ixtali elemental mages.
- Third Axiom: With this Axiom, a fisherman is able to create favorable currents beneath the surface, even a novice spearfisher can land a prize catch.
- Fifth Axiom: With this Axiom, a courier-tribune can bring an announcement from the cardinal arcology with speed. It is also able to amplify their words to all who must hear them.
- Sixteenth Axiom: With this Axiom, a quarryman is able to haul stone from the ground, and carry it as easily as a bag of feathers.
Translated from Ixtal's most ancient tongue, this chant is taught to the mages of Ixaocan from an early age, often before they even begin formal study in the arcologies.
The elements of this world are ours
And we strive to unmake all
Understand and master the singular
Control and shape the many
Learn, discover, invent
To create new alloys of our design
Formed by our will and intention
We bend the world to our needs
Temper our hearts with fire
Give breath to our curiosity
Water and nurture our bodies
Ground our thoughts in earth
We are the sons and daughters of Ixtal!
Proud inheritors of mastery
Our skill is our strength
Our creation is our legacy
We are what came before
And the shapers of the future!
The Mage Autocracy functions on a caste system where every person has a set role in society. An individual can rarely change their caste and are often within a caste for their entire life. The Social Hierarchy within a caste is based on the length of time spent in study, furthering their progression toward ultimate mastery.
Colleges of Magic
While the great arcologies of Ixtal are a blend of wholly habitats and colleges of magic, each archology specializes with a different elemental mastery. The further one travels from the cardinal arcology of the capital, the more specialized and prestigious the masteries become.
- Magma Arcology: Located in the mountainous areas far from Ixaocan, this arcology focuses on mastering elemental magics of Fire, Rock, and Magnetism.
- Water Arcology: Located next to one of the many river confluences of the Serpentine River, this arcology focuses on mastering elemental magics of Water, Ice, and Steam.
- Ixaocan is comprised of all currently used arcologies, not just the cardinal one.
- There are no other inhabited/non-ruined cities in Ixtal, beyond Ixaocan.
- Related Videos