- Ivern is voiced by David Lodge, who also voices , pre-rework and .
- Ivern comes from a location in William Shakespeare's Macbeth: Inverness Castle, modified to sound more Freljordian and druidic.
- Ivern is an anagram of .
- On V9.20, Ivern became the first champion to have its range type changed, from Melee to Ranged.
- animations were reused from the .
- The Raptor camp features in the icon of his ability.
- During development, he was called Druid.
- Ivern's sound design and voice drew inspiration from several video games (Ori and the Blind Forest, Flower, Journey) and movie characters ( from The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien, from Star Wars, from The Lion King).
- Parts of Ivern’s sounds came from constructing a Foley prop called “The Creaker”, a rope stretching across two wooden planks attached to a hinge.
- His was inspired by early explorations of .
- Ivern is between 8996 and 9996 years old, but younger than the Three Sisters.
- Ivern knows of an event he calls 'the Kumungu Affair'.
- Ivern travels with a squirrel called Mikkus, voiced by a Riot employee called 'Ampson'.
- Mikkus was intended to die in extremely early versions of Ivern's backstory. The development team were all very upset with Matthew 'FauxSchizzle' Dunn because of it.
- Ivern was amongst the first Freljordians, and therefore the first outsider, to set foot in Ionia after its centuries-old isolation from the rest of the world.
- Ivern's life goal is to succeed the God-Willow he struck down back when he was human. He is 'close' (a relatively long time from a human perspective) to completing this objective.
- Ivern is essentially immortal (but not invincible).
- "Trust me, you need this." might be referencing The Legend of Zelda ("It's dangerous to go alone, take this!")
- "No one who wanders is ever truly lost." resembles "Not all who wander are lost." and "A wanderer isn't always lost." (all reference All that is gold does not glitter by J. R. R. Tolkien)
- "Oh look, a happy little cloud!" references Bob Ross.
- "You're my boy, references !"Old skool.
- "Are references going to Treemoot this year? I'm going to dress up as a sassafras!" from The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien.
- "Obviously, and 're not a gopher." "The druid abides" reference The Big Lebowski ("Obviously, you're not a golfer" and "The Dude abides")
- His many references to a scorpion alludes to the fable of a scorpion riding a frog to cross a river. While the frog swims across, the scorpion stabs the frog, dooming them both. The scorpion apologizes, saying he couldn't fight his own nature. Ivern mentions the scorpion when fights are inevitable.
- He was heavily inspired by Treants from Dungeons & Dragons and Ents from The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien.
- This skin shares the Sugar Rush theme with:
- A lollipop with pre-rework face can be seen in the background.
- He was loosely inspired by Candy Crush Saga. from
- This skin shares the Dunkmaster theme with:
- can be seen in the background of his splash art.
- He was loosely inspired by from .
- Ivern sees almost all the forest creatures as friends (not so much ) but he finds the scary.
- As Ivern the Cruel, Ivern once led a rebellion against the Frozen Watchers and the Iceborn.
- He was a worshipper of the most warlike demi-gods, including .
- Ivern has been all over Runeterra, but he has yet to visit the Blessed/Shadow Isles, and is thus unaware of existence.
- , , and Ivern are all familiar with each other on some level.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.