Invulnerability is a status effect that reduces all damage taken to 0 (except the internal raw damage dealt by Nexus Obelisk and self-inflicted damage) and skips their damage events entirely. It is the only form of damage reduction that affects true damage. All units are invulnerable at the end of a match.
Invulnerability may occasionally be used to refer to:
- Effects that prevent falling below a certain health amount, which are and . All damage taken in excess of the unit's health after the threshold is ignored, not negated / reduced. Effects that trigger from damage (e.g. life steal and shields being depleted) will still apply, and as a consequence, this is not invulnerability. Note that grants invulnerability to units that reach the threshold.
- life steal applies and shields will absorb damage before the prevention). Note that invulnerability makes the unit ignore damage before those specific events can take place. Thus, those abilities do not grant invulnerability. , , , and which similarly ignore damage but do not prevent effects that trigger from damage (e.g.
- Untargetability, such as or , which is explicitly not considered invulnerability because units that are untargetable are only invalid targets to targeted effects that would normally apply damage, meaning already-applied effects that deal damage (like damage over time) will still affect them. Note that stasis grants both status effects.
- Spell shields, which are capable of completely mitigating a hostile ability. However, this is not guaranteed, as some spells or components of an ability cannot be blocked and will apply their effects as normal.
- Dodging, blocking, and blinding effects (also known as parries), which are separate mechanics that only prevent the instance of damage dealt by basic attacks and on-hit effects (with a few exceptional cases).
- Champion abilities
- (only invulnerable to non-turret damage coming from a specific direction)
- (only invulnerable to champions a certain distance away)
- Summoner Spells
- (grants invulnerability to targeted unit, excluding turrets)
- Champion summoned units
- (while stealthed)
A unit that enters stasis becomes invulnerable and untargetable, but also unable to move, declare basic attacks, cast abilities, use summoner spells, or activate items.
- (self-cast only)
- (grants invulnerability to targeted unit)