- Illaoi cannot spawn Tentacles on ally invulnerable structures, in addition to neither her nor the Vessel being able to spawn them in Nexus Obelisk's attack range.
- Terrain also includes player-made terrain and terrain that is passable by a team but not by the other (e.g. base gates).
- The Tentacle will continue its spawn animation and be able to start an attack, after the animation ends, even if Illaoi or a Vessel are not nearby.
- If Illaoi uses Tentacles' spawn animation, they won't attack but the SFX of the attack will still be heard.
- When this happens, the Tentacle's next attack after spawning will be delayed, as if the tentacle was performing an invisible attack.
- After the tentacle spawns, there's a 0.25 second delay during which they may only be commanded to attack by a . If followed by a command, this attack will be slightly delayed, as per above.
- Tentacle Smash's hitbox is fixed in front of Illaoi, while the indicator on the ground is fixed to the targeted direction.
- If Illaoi is not visible, the slam will be seen but it will not be heard.
|Abilities||and are disabled. is usable.|
|Disabled||All the other item-actives are disabled|
- The bonus damage doesn't apply life steal but it does apply spell vamp.
- 𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓 : Omnivamp
- Harsh Lesson is made of two different abilities which are decided by Illaoi's range to the target, being either melee or within dash range.
- The close range ability:
- Has an uncancelable windup.
- Can be used while grounded or rooted. If Illaoi attack commands and then casts Harsh Lesson, she will use the close range Harsh Lesson even if the target is beyond her melee range.
- Starting the attack before triggering Tentacles to slam. passive and hitting while she's in it will not cause the
- The attack will still hit if the target becomes untargetable, but will not if it dies.
- Does trigger .
- Triggers on-hit. effects
- If the empowered attack duration ends during the attack animation, the attack won't be empowered.
- The dash range ability:
- Does not have an uncancelable windup, meaning effects that can interrupt the dash will cancel the attack and put the ability on cooldown.
- Can be cast but cannot be used while grounded or rooted because Illaoi loses the bonus attack range.
- The attack will not hit if the target becomes untargetable, but does hit if it dies.
- Does not trigger .
- Triggers effects during the jump.
- Having enough attack speed will perform an unusual dunk.
- Having increased size will increase the range of her Harsh Lesson but the indicator range will not change.
- If the empowered attack duration ends during the dash, the buff will linger until the attack has finished.
- Parrying the attack ( dodge, block, blind) will not trigger Tentacle slams, with the exception of:
- If the target dies at the instant Harsh Lesson is about to hit the target, the attack will hit, be consumed, but will not make the Tentacles slam.
- The Tentacle attacking because of Harsh Lesson is considered to be of the same cast instance, and thus will not grant additional stacks of , , and Tribute.
- Harsh Lesson's bonus damage applies before damage.
- Harsh Lesson triggers and one of its plates with the same attack.
- Attack moving while charging will delay the attack.
- Spirits are classified as clones:
- Spirits can only be fully targeted by Illaoi's team and neutral monsters. The Spirit's allies cannot manually select it as a valid target for spells and abilities, but they can still do so with automatically targetted effects.
- Spirits take 50% damage from turrets and do not cause turrets to their attacks.
- Spirits cannot be healed nor shielded ( excluded).
- The Spirit levels up when the Vessel does. Doing so will increase the Spirit's health, armor, and magic resist, and additionally extend its lifetime by 1 second.
- The Spirit is untargetable while it is being pulled.
- Redirected damage is calculated by taking the pre-mitigation damage against the Spirit, applying Test of Spirit's damage modifier, and then capping it to the Spirit's current health. This damage will then be affected by damage modifiers (resistances and other effects) of the Vessel.
- This means that the damage received by the Spirit is not representative of the damage redirected to the Vessel, as each calculates their damage taken based on their respective modifiers (which can be different).
- If the Spirit's damage modifier is lower than the Vessel's, it will cause an increase in total possible redirected damage from killing the Spirit, else it will cause a decrease. This does not modify the damage per hit, but does modify the effective health that can be redirected.
- If the Spirit's damage modifier is higher than Test of Spirit's, and the Spirit's current health is low enough (or the damage per hit is high enough) to be affected by the above cap, it will cause an increase in redirected damage per hit, else it will cause a decrease. This is because the cap causes a difference between the amount it really redirects and the amount that it should redirect, which is up to a cap of
((Spiritmod ÷ Emod − 1) × 100)%, dependent on the amount of damage dealt in respective to the Spirit's current health.
- Illaoi needs 937.5 / 875 / 812.5 / 750 / 687.5 total AD to reach 100% redirected damage. As per above, the damage is still dependent on the Spirit's and Vessel's damage modifiers and may not always be able to deal 100% of the target's current health as total redirected damage.
- Spell shields may only prevent the initial spirit grab and the slow upon becoming a Vessel. Spell shields will not prevent becoming a Vessel or Tentacles from attacking.
- The tendril can be blocked by abilities such as destroyed by effects that can do so (i.e untargetability).
, but the returning tether slow cannot, even if it can otherwise be
- The tether slow will not be fired if the target is already untargetable when the Spirit dies.
- The spirit pull is not considered a crowd control effect and will not be blocked by crowd control immunity, with the exception of .
- If the target becomes a Vessel within range of a dormant Tentacle, that Tentacle will skip its first attack.
- The projectile tentacle model is linked to Illaoi's model animation and size. However gameplay wise it does not, thus the actual hitbox being different than the position, width and length of the visible model.
- Test of Spirit will fire from wherever Illaoi is at the end of the cast time towards the same pointed location.
- Grabbing the Spirit of a champion before it goes into resurrection via or will spawn the Spirit with 0 health, making it invulnerable.
- The same does not happen with other resurrection effects (i.e ) since they leave the champion with more than 0 health.
- Grabbing the Spirit of a champion with Flow or Ferocity will make the Spirit's lifetime (the white bar below the lifebar) disappear.
- Grabbing the Spirit of an , or of a champion that is camouflaged while they are being revealed by a , will make the Spirit invisible.
- Only Illaoi can see who's been Vesseled, with their model covered in watery effects. The Vessel itself will instead have its screen covered in watery effects.
- The Vessel status effect is a debuff that doesn't persist through death.
- If the enemy champion is resurrecting when the conditions for becoming a Vessel are met, then they will not revive as a Vessel.
- Runes consider the Spirit as a champion for their effects and stat-tracking.
- Spirit (e.g if would deal 60 bonus damage, what would get reflected is 120 damage). only reflects double bonus damage, not taking into account actual damage done to the
- Transferred damage will apply on-damage effects, such as
, , , , burn damage.
- The Spirit will also redirect the bonus damage dealt by Riftmaker and Aspect of the Dragon, effectively double diping their damage to the Vessel. In particular, Riftmaker also further increases its own redirected damage, granting an additional 0.81% bonus damage at full stacks, for a total of 18.81%.
- 𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓 : Healing from Omnivamp
- Transferred damage will not doubly apply on-hit or on-spell effects versus the target (e.g. Spirit. , stacks). These effects are only applied versus the
- Attacking the Vessel and its Spirit simultaneously will only apply one stack of to the Vessel.
- Once the Spirit vanishes, whether defeated or not, Illaoi will get 1 creep score in-game (not included in the post-game counter).
- The Spirit is immune to stasis (i.e. ).
- Vessel if used before the Spirit is killed or while leaving the tether's range. can be used to prevent becoming a
- Spirit cannot be spawned during . Spirits created before Sion's zombie state will remain active.
- If the target that had its Spirit pulled from them is taken into the , the tether will break, but they will not be made into a Vessel.
- The following table refers for interactions while Illaoi is firing the projectile and while the target's Spirit is being pulled:
|Disabled||All items are disabled|
- Leap of Faith's effects are centered around Illaoi at the end of the cast time.
- can be used during the cast time to reposition her.
- Clones also count as champions for the summoning of the Tentacle.
- Illaoi spawns the Tentacle 725 range away from her, unless there's a natural wall blocking the way making the Tentacle spawn on it, based on:
- The direction she's facing.
- She will always face at the nearest visible enemy champion, in Leap of Faith's range, the instant she leaps.
- If there's no enemy champion nearby, she faces in the direction of the cursor.
- mid-animation will change the spawning direction to where the cursor is pointed, regardless of the nearest enemy champion.
- How many champions she hits.
- 1+ champions: one Tentacle at 0 degrees. (in front of Illaoi)
- 2+ champions: one Tentacle at 60 degrees.
- 3+ champions: one Tentacle at 300 degrees.
- 4+ champions: one Tentacle at 120 degrees.
- 5+ champions: one Tentacle at 240 degrees.
- 6+ champions: one Tentacle at 180 degrees.
- If there are no walls nearby, spawning the last Tentacle will form a perfect hexagon.
- The direction she's facing.
- Spell shields will block the ability's damage but will not prevent Tentacles from spawning.
- If Illaoi dies within 0.25 seconds of dropping down, she will still spawn Tentacles, but they will not be buffed.
- If Illaoi is near a Tentacle that is about to spawn, it will spawn buffed by Leap of Faith even if Illaoi is no longer nearby.
- Using Harsh Lesson after Illaoi drops down will command Tentacles to instantly attack, regardless if they were already attacking. Their old attack will keep on going and will hit while the second attack is on its animation attack.
- Using Harsh Lesson an instant before Leap of Faith's buff finishes will delay the Tentacle's attack.
|Control type||The Tentacle is commanded to attack each time a target in its range gets hit by Harsh Lesson.
The Tentacle is also able to periodically automatically attack the closest Spirit or Vessel in its range.
Its attacks get queued up if it receives more than one attack command. The queued attacks will always have 1 attack speed, even if affected by Leap of Faith's buff.
If a Tentacle is killed while attacking, the Tentacle will first finish its attack and then die, without being able to queue up other commands.
Tentacles can receive attack commands 0.25 seconds after dying, and are able to queue up other commands during the timeframe.
|Target type||Ward (can be to).|
|On-hit effects||Hits throughand .|
|Spell effects||Applies spell effects as area damage.|
Tentacles that hit the same target within 0.5 seconds of each other deal 50% less damage than the previous Tentacle, up to a cap of 75% less damage than the first.
A single spell shield can block all tentacle attacks that hit at the same time.
The Tentacle damages all non-structure enemies it hits along its length, healing Illaoi for 5% of her missing health if it hits one or more enemy champions. Healing stacks multiplicatively if more Tentacles attack at the same time, calculated by this formula: (maximum health − current health) × (1 − 0.95n), with 'n' the number of Tentacle hits.
The Tentacle alerts Illaoi whenever it takes damage.
The Tentacle remains awakened if Illaoi or a Vessel are within 2000 range and not dead. If none is nearby, the Tentacle becomes dormant, disabling its ability to start attacks and disappearing after 30 seconds of dormancy. The Tentacle instantly reactivates if Illaoi or a Vessel move back in range.
The Tentacle enrages for 8 seconds after has been cast, becoming untargetable, unable to show its hitbox, unable to go dormant and taking half the amount of time to make an attack.
If Illaoi is in a different dimension than her Tentacles (i.e ), her Tentacles will continue to target units in their dimension only, but the area of damage will instead be dealt in Illaoi's dimension.
- For the expanded patch notes, see here.