- Tentacles do not spawn in the Nexus Obelisk's attack range and on ally invulnerable structures.
- Impassable terrain also includes player-made terrain and terrain that is passable by a team but not by the other, for example base gates.
- The Tentacle will continue its spawn animation and be able to start an attack, after the animation ends, even if Illaoi or a Vessel are not nearby.
- If Illaoi uses Tentacles' spawn animation, they won't attack but the SFX of the attack will still be heard.
- If this happens, after the Tentacle finishes its spawn animation, it will be unable to start an attack for its remaining attack SFX.
- Since the attack applies both on-hit effects and spell effects, it will trigger twice.
- The bonus damage doesn't apply life steal but it does apply spell vamp.
- PENDING FOR TEST: Omnivamp
- Harsh Lesson is made of two different abilities which are decided by Illaoi's range to the target, being either melee or within dash range.
- The close range ability:
- Is an unstoppable basic attack.
- Can be used while grounded or rooted. If Illaoi attack commands and then casts Harsh Lesson, she will use the close range Harsh Lesson even if the target is beyond her melee range.
- Starting the attack before triggering Tentacles to slam. passive and hitting while she's in it will not cause the
- Starting the attack before the target becomes untargetable will still cause the Tentacles to slam the target.
- Does trigger .
- Triggers on-hit. effects
- Using it at the same time with will perform an unusual dunk.
- If the empowered attack duration ends during the attack animation, the attack won't be empowered.
- The dash range ability:
- Is not unstoppable, meaning effects that can interrupt the dash will cancel the attack and put the ability on cooldown. and cannot be used during the dash.
- Cannot be used while grounded or rooted because Illaoi loses the bonus attack range.
- Starting the attack before the target becomes untargetable will not make Tentacles slam.
- Does not trigger .
- Triggers effects during the jump.
- Having enough attack speed will perform an unusual dunk.
- Having increased size will increase the range of her Harsh Lesson but the indicator range will not change.
- If the empowered attack duration ends during the dash, the buff will linger until the attack has finished.
- Spell shields will not prevent the Tentacle slam, unless a dash range Harsh Lesson has been used.
- Parries ( dodge, block, blind) will block the damage and will not trigger Tentacle slams, with the exception of:
- If the target dies at the moment Harsh Lesson hits the target, it will be consumed and put on cooldown, without making Tentacles slam.
- The Tentacle attacking because of Harsh Lesson is considered to be part of it, and thus will not grant additional stacks of , , and Tribute.
- Using it together with will grant an additional stack of .
- Harsh Lesson's bonus damage applies before damage.
- Harsh Lesson triggers and one of its plates with the same attack.
- Attack moving while charging will delay the attack.
- Spirits are classified as clones:
- Spirits can only be targeted by Illaoi's team and neutral monsters. The Spirit's allies cannot target it.
- Spirits take 50% damage from turrets and do not cause turrets to their attacks.
- Spirits cannot be healed nor shielded ( excluded).
- The Spirit levels up when the Vessel does. Doing so will increase the Spirit's health, armor, and magic resist, and additionally extend its lifetime by 1 second.
- Illaoi cannot cast Test of Spirit again until the Spirit is gone.
- Redirected damage is calculated by taking the pre-mitigation damage, applying Test of Spirit's damage modifier, and then capping it to the Spirit's current health. This damage will then be affected by damage modifiers (resistances and other effects) of the Vessel.
- If the Spirit's damage modifier is lower than the Vessel's, it will cause an increase in total redirected damage, else it will cause a decrease.
- If the Spirit's damage modifier is higher than Test of Spirit's, it will cause an increase in total redirected damage, else it will cause a decrease. The difference in damage is up to a cap.
- Illaoi needs 937.5 / 875 / 812.5 / 750 / 687.5 total AD to reach 100% redirected damage. As per above, the damage is still dependent on the Spirit's and Vessel's damage modifiers and may not always be able to deal 100% of the target's current health as total redirected damage.
- The damage displayed as being received by the Spirit is not representative of the damage redirected to the Vessel, as the combat text shown adjacent to the Spirit uses the Spirit's resistances.
- Spell shields may only prevent the initial spirit grab and the slow upon becoming a Vessel. Spell shields will not prevent becoming a Vessel or Tentacles from attacking.
- The spirit pull is not considered a crowd control effect and will not be blocked by crowd control immunity, with the exception of .
- If the target becomes a Vessel within range of a dormant Tentacle, that Tentacle will skip its first attack.
- The tentacle model of the first cast is connected to Illaoi's body and will stop moving when Illaoi does (e.g stasis, sleep, airborne). However, the projectile will not, and will be able to hit enemies away from its model position. It will also not be seen by enemies if Illaoi is not visible, but it will be heard if the tentacle passes through their vision.
- Test of Spirit will fire from wherever Illaoi is at the end of the cast time towards the same pointed location.
- Grabbing the Spirit of a champion that has their resource bar white (i.e Flow) will make the Spirit's lifetime (the white bar below the lifebar) disappear.
- Grabbing the Spirit of a target that is camouflaged while they are being revealed by a will make the Spirit also invisible.
- Only Illaoi can see who's been Vesseled, with their model covered in watery effects. The Vessel itself will instead have its screen covered in watery effects.
- The Vessel status effect is a debuff that doesn't persist through death.
- If the enemy champion is resurrecting when the conditions for becoming a Vessel are met, then they will not revive as a Vessel.
- Runes consider the Spirit as a champion for their effects and stat-tracking.
- Spirit (e.g if would deal 60 bonus damage, what would get reflected is 120 damage). only reflects double bonus damage, not taking into account actual damage done to the
- Transferred damage will apply on-damage effects, such as , , , burn damage.
- PENDING FOR TEST: Healing from Omnivamp
- Transferred damage will not doubly apply on-hit or on-spell effects versus the target (e.g. Spirit. , stacks). These effects are only applied versus the
- Attacking the Vessel and its Spirit simultaneously will only apply one stack of to the Vessel.
- Once the Spirit vanishes, whether defeated or not, Illaoi will get 1 creep score in-game (not included in the post-game counter).
- The Spirit is immune to stasis (i.e. ).
- Vessel if used before the Spirit is killed or while leaving the tether's range. can be used to prevent becoming a
- Spirit cannot be spawned during . Spirits created before Sion's zombie state will remain active.
- If the target that had its Spirit pulled from them is taken into the , the tether will break, but they will not be made into a Vessel.
- Leap of Faith's effects are centered around Illaoi at the end of the cast time.
- can be used during the cast time to reposition her.
- Clones also count as champions for the summoning of the Tentacle.
- Illaoi spawns the Tentacle 725 range away from her, unless there's a natural wall blocking the way making the Tentacle spawn on it, based on:
- The direction she's facing.
- She will always face at the nearest visible enemy champion, in Leap of Faith's range, the instant she leaps.
- If there's no enemy champion nearby, she faces in the direction of the cursor.
- mid-animation will change the spawning direction to where the cursor is pointed, regardless of the nearest enemy champion.
- How many champions she hits.
- 1+ champions: one Tentacle at 0 degrees.
- 2+ champions: one Tentacle at 60 degrees.
- 3+ champions: one Tentacle at 300 degrees.
- 4+ champions: one Tentacle at 120 degrees.
- 5+ champions: one Tentacle at 240 degrees.
- 6+ champions: one Tentacle at 180 degrees.
- If there are no walls nearby, spawning the last Tentacle will form a perfect hexagon.
- The direction she's facing.
- Spell shields will block the ability's damage but will not prevent Tentacles from spawning.
- If Illaoi is near a Tentacle that is about to spawn, it will spawn buffed by Leap of Faith even if Illaoi is no longer nearby.
- Going into stasis (i.e - by resurrection) during the leap will not stop the ability from dealing damage or spawning Tentacles.
- Using Harsh Lesson after Illaoi drops down will command Tentacles to instantly attack, regardless if they were already attacking. Their old attack will keep on going and will hit while the second attack is on its animation attack.
- Using Harsh Lesson an instant before Leap of Faith's buff finishes will delay the Tentacle's attack.
|Control type||The Tentacle is commanded to attack each time a target in its range gets hit by Harsh Lesson.
The Tentacle is also able to periodically automatically attack the closest Spirit or Vessel in its range.
Its attacks get queued up if it receives more than one attack command. The queued attacks will always have 1 attack speed, even if affected by Leap of Faith's buff.
If a Tentacle is destroyed while attacking, the Tentacle will first finish its attack and then die, without being able to queue up other commands.
Tentacles can receive attack commands 0.25 seconds after dying, and are able to queue up other commands during the timeframe.
|Target type||Ward (can be to).|
|On-hit effects||Hits throughand .|
|Spell effects||Applies spell effects as area damage.|
Tentacles that hit the same target within 0.5 seconds of each other deal 50% less damage than the previous Tentacle, up to a cap of 75% less damage than the first.
The Tentacle damages all non-structure enemies it hits along its length, healing Illaoi for 5% of her missing health if it hits one or more enemy champions. Healing stacks multiplicatively if more Tentacles attack at the same time, calculated by this formula: (maximum health − current health) × (1 − 0.95n), with 'n' the number of Tentacle hits.
The Tentacle alerts Illaoi whenever it takes damage.
The Tentacle remains awakened if Illaoi or a Vessel are within 2000 range and not dead. If none is nearby, the Tentacle becomes dormant, disabling its ability to start attacks and disappearing after 30 seconds of dormancy. The Tentacle instantly reactivates if Illaoi or a Vessel move back in range.
The Tentacle enrages for 8 seconds after has been cast, becoming untargetable, unable to show its hitbox, unable to go dormant and taking half the amount of time to make an attack.
All Tentacles around 1000 range of an enemy champion are revealed through the fog of war and remain revealed once first seen.