Ignite is a targeted summoner spell. It deals a moderate amount of true damage over 5 seconds, and reduces healing and regeneration effects by 50%.
Throughout Season 2 and Season 3,has been a popular spell among summoners for its power in duels, affording players an extra damage spell that scales with level. It is often used in aggressive builds and strategies.
A well-placed healing reduction debuff fromcan severely limit the effectiveness of enemy healing items (such as health potions,) as well as healing abilities from champions such as , , and .
- This spell's damage can be increased through spells that increase damage from all sources such as , , and .
- removes the damage over time component of , but not the healing reduction.
- The healing debuff from does not reduce the amount of temporary health gained from shields like and .
- Multiple uses of
on the same target will not stack.
- A second application of on the target will refresh the duration of its effect, but will not provide any added damage or healing reduction.
- The healing debuff from does not stack with any other abilities that apply a healing debuff, such as .
- Casting ignite does not interupt channeling spells, i.e. .
- The icon for shows a great resemblance to since they are both icons of a hand holding a flame.
Table of damage increase
|Level||Total True Damage||Damage per second|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.