Hunt of the Blood Moon is a Featured Game Mode for League of Legends that goes inconjunction with The Blood Moon festival. Two teams of Assassins compete, sacrificing the opposition in an attempt to secure the Blood Moon's blessing and briefly gain the power of a demon. The team most successful in gaining said favor wins. It is the first game mode to incorporate a limited champion pool.
- Players: 5v5
- Map: Summoner's Rift
- Mode Type: Blind Pick, with Champion Restrictions.
- Restricted Champion Pool
Only the following champions will be available in Hunt of the Blood Moon:
In celebration of the blood moon event, 10 of these champions will also be added to the Free to Play rotation for all players.
- All champions start at level 3 and will be affected by the Blood Pact, granting 50% cooldown reduction on active items and summoner's spells, and while out-of-combat, also grants increased movement speed, mana regeneration, and ultimates cooling down faster.
- The game begins with no outer turrets. At the 6 minute mark, the inner turrets will collapse as well.
- Lane minion spawns have been disabled, and turrets are invulnerable.
- Gold and experience are flatlined, and respawn timers are reduced across the board.
- Passive gold generation is about 221 per 10 seconds and only starts at 1:00.
- Passive experience earned is about 18 experience per second, starts at the beginning of the game.
- Champion kills grant no additional experience.
- Most defensive items have been removed from the shop.
- First team to obtain 350 points wins. There are 3 ways to earn points:
- Killing an enemy champion grants 5 points.
- Killing an enemy Spirit will grant 3 points. Spirits of the Blood Moon will passively filter into both teams jungles. Damaging spirits causes them to flee from you.
- Minimap indicators in both teams' jungles will light up to indicate the number of spirits in that half of the jungle. A maximum of 8 will spawn at a time.
- Demon Heralds will periodically spawn in both sides ( and pit). Killing a Demon Herald grants 25 points.
- You gain a stack each time you kill an enemy champion or spirit, up to 3 stacks. Returning to base or dying removes all stacks. Upon reaching 3 stacks, being out of combat for 4 seconds consumes all stacks to render you invulnerable and unable to cast abilities for 1 second, as well as untargetable for the remaining 0.75 seconds. After 0.6 seconds into the duration, you heal for 100% maximum health and gain the Demon Brand buff, which grants invisibility, increased movement speed, and empowers your next basic attack to deal 20% of the first target's maximum health bonus true damage. Lasts for 45 seconds or until your next basic attack or ability cast.
- With this mode, the entire Summoner's Rift has been reskined to accommodate this game mode.
- (named as Demon Herald) has a Kabuki mask on him.