The Honor system is used to incentivize positive behavior among the League of Legends community by identifying and rewarding players who positively influence the gameplay experience of others in their games.
After the game ends, before entering the post-game lobby, each player is given 40 seconds to recognize one other ally player in one of three categories. Players can only honor other players in matchmade games (including Co-op vs AI), and cannot honor themselves or opponents.
- Tilt-proof, chill.
Stayed cool is the Honor meant for a teammate who stayed calm and was a provider of a positive playing experience.
- Leadership, strategy.
Great Shotcalling is the Honor meant for a teammate who had good leadership and was able to lead your team to a triumphant win or a gracious defeat.
- Team player, friendly.
GG <3 is the Honor meant for a teammate who was Honor worthy but didn't fit into a neat and tidy box of what they did to earn it.
- All players begin with honor level two.
- Individuals can advance up to level five through receiving honors and playing matchmade games. Progression is not explicitly tied to an absolute number of honors received.
- Each honor level has three checkpoints, and reaching any checkpoint rewards the player; leveling up also rewards the player.
- Individuals punished for their behavior will get demoted and will temporarily not be able to level up, severity based on how grave the penalty is:
- Bad behavior, but not worthy of a chat restriction: Slows experience gain temporarily.
- Chat restriction: Demote to level 1, or 0 if already at level 1.
- 14-Day Ban: Demote to level 0.
Key fragments are exclusive to Honor and used in Hextech Crafting, they are periodically distributed to Honorable players (Honor 2 or above).
Upon leveling up to level 3, 4 and 5 players receive a Honor Capsule. Honor Capsules do not require a key to open and contain key fragments, ward skins, emotes, champion shards, and Honor-exclusive skins (see below).
Upon reaching checkpoints at level 3, 4 and 5 players receive a Honor Orb. Honor Orbs do not require a key to open, and contain key fragments and champion shards (see below).
Loading screen flair
Once hitting honor level three, player is eligible for temporary loading screen flairs. Unlock the flair by earning Honor from a teammate. If you receive two Honors from premade teammates, or just one from a non-premade teammate, you'll bring a loading screen flair to your next game. The flair lasts for one game. So shoot for a streak of honors to consistently keep your flair. As you move to levels four and five, your loading screen flair levels up with you.
Leveling up and checkpoints
- With patch V8.1 honor rewards were updated to grant rewards upon reaching checkpoints and honor levels.
|Level 3 Capsule which contains:|| ||Level 3 Orb which contains:|
|Level 4 Capsule which contains:|| ||Level 4 Orb which contains:|
| Level 5 Capsule which contains:
Level 5 Orb which contains:
Upon claiming the Honor 5 token, the selected Honor-exclusive skin ( or ) is automatically added to your collection and unlocks the respective champion if you don't already own them.
One Honor 5 token can be redeemed for either:
- Medieval Twitch skin.
- Grey Warwick skin.
- Medieval Twitch Sapphire chroma + icon.
- Medieval Twitch Amethyst chroma + icon.
- Grey Warwick Sapphire chroma + icon.
- Grey Warwick Rose Quartz chroma + icon.
On patch V9.16, for Season Nine only, opening a Honor 5 Capsule granted two Honor 5 tokens instead of one. Players who have gotten Honor 5 before patch V9.16 instead received the two tokens on patch V9.17 while keeping the unlocked skin from the honor capsule.
End of Season
Honor grants exclusive rewards at season's end for those who put the work in. The renewed Honor will be a pillar for League of Legends long after you first get to play with it.
Honors level 3, 4, and 5 each have their own unique ward skin. Player can earn ward skins based on their Honor level. In 2018, players earn a skin for each Honor level they pass.
- Level 5 resets to level 2, checkpoint 3.
- Level 4 resets to level 2, checkpoint 2.
- Level 3 resets to level 2, checkpoint 1.
- Level 2 resets to level 2, no checkpoints.
- Level 1 and below do not reset.
Old Honor SystemThe old honor system allowed players to honor others in four categories, as well as opponents. Especially honorable individuals were recognized with a ribbon, and the top 10% of players in each category were given a summoner icon for their troubles.
- Honor was first introduced on October 1, 2012, and relaunched with patch V7.13.
- Key fragments originally dropped randomly after wins.