The Honor system is used to incentivize positive behavior among the League of Legends community by identifying and rewarding players who positively influence the gameplay experience of others in their games. Honor was first introduced on October 1, 2012, and was reworked in patch V7.13.
- 1 Honor Progression
- 2 Honoring players
- 3 Honor rewards
- 4 Reform
- 5 End of Season
- 6 Honor Levels
- 7 Old Honor System
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Media
- 10 References
A player can advance to higher honor levels through receiving honors and playing matchmade games. Progression is not explicitly tied to an absolute number of honors received.
At the start of each season, a player resets to Honor level 2 in order to progress up to Honor level 5 (unless they were lower than level 2). Each honor level has three checkpoints that grant rewards, leveling up also rewards the player.
|Old level||New Level|
Before entering the post-game lobby in the client, each player is given 40 seconds to commend one other teammate in one of three categories. This prompt appears only in matchmade games (including Co-op vs AI).
When a player receives three commendations (Honors), their achievement is distinguished toward the whole lobby. When every teammate has given commendations, the team is notified that they have received a slight increase in Honor progress.
Mastery Chest is a reward from Champion Mastery, but is subject to the Honor system. Chests can be earned at all Honor levels.
Key fragments are used in Hextech Crafting, they are periodically distributed to Honorable players (Honor 1 or above) that continue to play games. There is a monthly (4 weeks) earn limit of 12 Key Fragments. There is no listed counter for this limit.
Upon reaching a checkpoint within level 3, 4 and 5, the player is rewarded an Honor Orb containing key fragments and champion shards (see below).
Upon reaching level 3, 4 and 5, the player is rewarded an Honor Capsule containing key fragments, ward skins, emotes, champion shards, and Honor-exclusive skins (see below).
Loading screen flair
From level 3 onwards, a player is eligible for temporary loading screen flairs. When a player receives two Honors from premade teammates, or just one from a non-premade teammate, the player is rewarded a loading screen flair for their next game. This flair changes based on the Honor level.
Levels and Checkpoints
- With patch V8.1 honor rewards were updated to grant rewards upon reaching checkpoints and honor levels.
|There are three check points here too, probably for honor level 1 as well.|
|Level 3 Capsule which contains:||Level 3 Orb which contains:|
|Level 4 Capsule which contains:||Level 4 Orb which contains:|
| Level 5 Capsule which contains:
Level 5 Orb which contains:
Honor 5 Token Shop
The available loot is expanded at every season.
One Honor 5 token can be redeemed for either:
- Medieval Twitch Sapphire chroma + icon. (added V9.16)
- Medieval Twitch Amethyst chroma + icon. (added V10.11)
- Medieval Twitch Obsidian chroma + icon. (added V11.7)
- Grey Warwick Sapphire chroma + icon. (added V9.16)
- Grey Warwick Rose Quartz chroma + icon. (added V10.11)
- Grey Warwick Meteorite chroma + icon. (added V11.7)
On patch V9.16, for Season Nine only, opening a Honor 5 Capsule granted two Honor 5 tokens instead of one. Players who have gotten Honor 5 before patch V9.16 instead received the two tokens on patch V9.17 while keeping the unlocked skin from the honor capsule.
Individuals punished for their behavior will get demoted in Honor level. The severity is based on how grave the penalty is:
- Bad behavior, but not worthy of a chat restriction: Slows experience gain temporarily.
- Chat restriction: Demote to level 1, or 0 if already at level 1.
- 14-Day Ban: Demote to level 0.
A penalty will additionally disable Honor progress, Mastery Chest gain, and Key fragment gain. After the penalty comes the Reform period, which maintains the disables. The expiration of reform period is based on consistent displays of good sportsmanship rather than a particular date or matches played.
End of Season
The Honor system grants rewards at the season end.
Old Honor System
The old honor system allowed players to honor others in four categories, as well as opponents. Especially honorable individuals were recognized with a ribbon, and the top 10% of players in each category were given a summoner icon for their troubles.
- Key fragments originally dropped randomly after wins.
- In 2018, players earned a skin for each Honor level they pass.
- Season 2018 Honor
- Medieval Twitch & Grey Warwick Honor 5 Chromas
- Honor and Hextech Crafting Restrictions. (08 Apr 2016). support-leagueoflegends.riotgames.com. Retrieved 12 Sept 2020
- https://web.archive.org/web/0/http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/old-honor-rewards Old Honor Rewards