- For the removed enchantment, see .
Homestart and Homeguard are passive effects that increase the champion's movement speed while on the fountain.
|Summoner's Rift||At the beginning of the game, Homestart is granted to all champions.|
Homestart grants 175% bonus movement speed for 15 seconds. Completing a , receiving damage or dealing damage will remove the effect. It also decays over 0.75 seconds after crossing the outer turret line.
For the first 55 seconds of the game, Homestart will refresh its duration as long as the champion stays in the fountain.
Leaving the fountain will permanently prevent your champion from obtaining Homestart ever again.
|Before 20:00, Homeguard is granted to every respawning champion.|
Homeguard grants 66.67% bonus movement speed that decays over 5 seconds. Receiving or dealing damage will remove the effect.
Homeguard will refresh its duration as long as the champion stays in the fountain, leaving the fountain will prevent the buff from refreshing.
|After 20:00, Homeguard is granted to all champions in the fountain.|
Homeguard grants bonus movement speed that decays over 7 seconds. While in the fountain, restores 12% of missing health and 12% of missing mana per fountain healing tick.
Receiving or dealing damage will remove all effects and prevent you from gaining them again for 8 seconds. Damage dealt to enemies further away than 5000 units will not disable Homeguard.
Homeguard's duration will be refreshed whenever the champion is in the fountain.
|Howling Abyss||Before 5:00 or until the first turret is destroyed, Homestart will be granted to every spawning and respawning champions.|
Homestart grants 50% bonus movement speed for 10 seconds. Receiving or dealing damage will remove the effect.
Homestart will refresh its duration as long as the champion stays in the fountain, leaving the fountain will prevent the buff from refreshing.
- also gains a non-refreshing Homeguard (after 20:00) upon completing one of his , which can occur on any map and at any time.
- Homeguard activates upon entering/spawning on your starting platform. Simply standing on the stairs will not grant the buff; champions must stand on the center of the platform where they are dropped after spawning or recalling.
- Homeguard dramatically reduces the time needed to fully regenerate at the fountain, making it effective at outlasting enemies sieging the entrance of your base.
- It is possible to to a distant location while still standing on the starting platform, allowing you to utilize Homeguard's speed elsewhere. This can often catch opponents off guard, especially with champions that usually have a hard time catching up with enemies.
- Homestart and Homeguard will trigger move-fast animations where available, and can often be the only time such animations are seen in a given game.
- When unavailable, the champion's standard movement animation will be used but at incredible speed, such is the case for , , , and .
- Some champions and skins feature animations exclusive to Homestart and Homeguard, and cannot be trigger elsewhere even if similar speeds are reached - e.g. and . This is often due to the animations not being designed to blend into general gameplay. ,
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.