Hextech Drake is a neutral monster on Summoner's Rift. Hextech Drake's attacks are non- projectile and every 4th attack is empowered to chain to up to 3 of the closest nearby targets and slow all targets struck by 40% decaying over 2 seconds.
Each Hextech Drake killed grants a stack of.
If the rift is dominated by the Hextech, obtaining 4 stacks grants the .
- Resistant Skin: Dragons are immune to all crowd control, except stasis. Additionally, Dragons' stats cannot be modified by any means.
- Ancient Grudge: Elemental Dragons gain 20% bonus damage and 7% damage reduction per stack against enemies with stacks, up to 80% bonus damage and 28% damage reduction at 4 stacks.
- Dragon Breath: Dragons deal bonus physical damage equal to 5% of the target's current health with their basic attacks. Additionally, Dragons gain 30% armor penetration.
- Taking Flight: Dragons knock back all enemies within 550 units of them upon starting the fight, displacing them further based on proximity and not through terrain.
- Dragons' basic attacks are considered spells - they're unaffected by any effect that would behave with basic attacks, and can be negated by spell shields.
- Dragons cannot damage other monsters.
- If the team that slays a dragon has a lower average level than that of their opponents, they receive 25% bonus experience per average level difference. The bonus experience is sharply increased for the lowest level members of the team, equal to 15% per number of levels behind the dragon squared, up to a maximum of 200%.
- Killing dragons is one of the main tasks of the Jungler. Junglers often require assistance from their team for this task, and the champions best positioned to provide this assistance are usually the mid laners and bottom laners.
- When a team attempts to kill a dragon it usually gets weakened during the fight. Given the nature of the dragon pit, the team attempting the kill has limited escape paths. For this reason it's usually a good idea to gank the enemy team when they're trying to kill a dragon. A good gank may score several kills, steal the dragon kill, or both.
- Dragons (and other epic monsters) should be finished with effects that instantly deal a high amount of damage (i.e. , , ) to prevent the enemy team from stealing the kill.
- When initially attacked, dragons will knock back every nearby champion, and begin attacking and chasing the closest champion. Attacking the dragon from a safe distance to get it to attack an unprepared enemy champion can be useful.
Tips to prepare dragon ganks
- Have a ward in the river close to the dragon camp entrance, providing complete vision of the pit. This will reveal enemies attempting to kill the dragon while also spotting enemies standing guard at the entrance. Killing the is a good way to provide vision in front of the dragon pit, but it does not provide vision inside the pit itself.
Tips to prevent dragon ganks
- Use a or to check for wards before attempting to kill a dragon, do not destroy wards unless you absolutely must eliminate their vision.
- Eliminate the bottom lane enemies and then attack the dragon with the help of your bottom lane teammates. The enemy middle lane and jungler are usually not strong enough to fight three champions at once.
- While on the red team, lure the dragon out of its pit. This makes the dragon chase you into the river, making it harder for the enemy team to steal it by engaging over the wall of the dragon pit.
Benefits of Dragon Slayer
The stacking buffs provided bygrant powerful effects which boost the overall strength of champions that are empowered by them.
- buff speeds up a team as they move across the map faster than their enemies can. It gives a team enough time to head towards an important objective and gain control over it. The decreased slow effectiveness also helps with outrunning a chase.
- buff greatly increases the attack output of a team as their cooldowns come up quicker and their attacks come out rapidly.
- buff becomes more and more effective as a game continues as a team builds up their stats, with the buff giving even more stats which in turn leads to a massive boost in attack power.
- buff toughens up a team and allows them to take more extended fights, making it difficult for the opposition to deal with.
- buff restores tons of health after having taken lots of damage. It is particularly useful for taking down an objective after a skirmish as the team will restore their health overtime and be healthy in time for the next fight.