- shield can help the blade's owner to fight through otherwise lethal AP damage, which may take opponents by surprise, especially if they are looking for an all-out kill. antimagic 'death ward'
- The amount the shield can block is considerable, but flat - i.e. it does not directly scale with champion level or any other statistic in the game. As such,
will arguably become less effective as enemy champions grow stronger (and are thus more easily able to overcome the shield.)
- Players can upgrade their into a to continue to benefit from this item choice in mid to later game. In extreme late game scenarios however, the shield can still be overpowered by well developed and funded champions.
- While the damage value blocked by the shield will never increase, the shield's damage taken is lowered by the owner's magic resistance.
- Starter items
- Potions and Consumables
- Basic items
- Advanced items
- Finished items
- Minion and Turret items
- Special Game Mode Exclusive items
- Removed items
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.