- on-hit. has been special cased to trigger Hail of Blades and consume the stacks
- does not count as a basic attack reset for Hail of Blades.
- This rune can be useful for champions in which the first three attacks are the most powerful, either because they deal more damage or because the third strike has a special effect (e.g, , , )
- It can also be used by champions which need to stack something in an enemy, using their basic attacks. For example, can stack faster with Hail of Blades as does with his , and with her .
- gains an enormous attack damage boost with Hail of Blades, as converts the attack speed gained into AD. Should Jhin critically strike with that attack, he also gets even more movement speed.
- Since basic attacks from effects that resets the basic attack timer don't remove any Hail of Blades stacks, those types of attacks can extend the duration. This is useful for champions that have abilities that scale with attack speed (i.e ).
- is the only item that can give a champion a basic attack reset. This means any melee champion could extend the duration of Hail of Blades. Unfortunately, since Titanic Hydra lends itself better to tanks, and Hail of Blades is better for damage focused champions, the combination is rarely used.
- Hail of Blades has a very similar effect to
, with a few differences:
- Hail of Blades lasts only for the first three attacks, whereas lasts for a few seconds, regardless of attacking.
- Hail of Blades activates the instant you attack, whereas is delayed.
- Hail of Blades can only be activated with basic attacks. can be activated with basic attacks and abilities.
- Both keystones are found in different rune paths.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.