Guardians are champions that are honored for their abilities in physical defense. These champions have naturally high armor, and the synergy allows the guardians to protect their allies from physical damage.
- A Guardian can give another guardian the armor, but a Guardian can not give itself the extra armor.
- Each Guardian gives armor to any of the 6 adjacent hexes, meaning there are optimal positions to gain as much armor as possible. See image below.
- Guardians want to huddle in a tight group in order to apply as many armor bonuses to allies as possible. This makes them a natural counter to Assassins.
- Guardians start with a high amount of armor, even without their synergy. Physical attacks don't do much to a guardian, so focus on protecting their innate weakness to magic damage by equipping items like , , or similar items.
- can help all Guardians obtain a level of sustain and health to back their overwhelming defenses.
- Guardians, have naturally high armor. on a Guardian makes it so that any basic attack that hits them deal more damage to the attacker than it does to them.
- Items that are built from dodge can multiply the difficulty of taking down a Guardian. that provide
- Assassin's dream to take down a Guardian by itself. Being able to dodge critical hits means enemies will always deal the lowest amount of damage to a guardian. can ruin an
- Guardians are great users of Void, , and any other sources of true damage on basic attacks. and , although this might be a bit of an overkill, with all the armor that already comes with the synergy. These items also help with
- Area of effect special abilities from traits like Elementalist and Sorcerer are the bane of Guardians. Guardians don't increase magic resistance and they force their allies to clump together, waiting to be assaulted with an area of effect special ability.
- The Void synergy renders the Guardian synergy useless. This is also true for champions that deal true damage, like and .
- is a good option to get around the heavy armor of Guardians.
- If the allied team is reliant on basic attacks to deal damage, investing in is a good idea. If getting Red Buff is an impossibility, adding , or to a lesser extent , to the team is a decent replacement.
- All Guardians wield a shield.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.