The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
Grievous Wounds is a debuff that reduces all healing received by 40% / .
- Ignite (40%)
- Shields are a way of temporarily adding health to a champion that is not reduced by Grievous Wounds.
|Type||Heal and Shield Power||Grievous Wounds|
- Grievous Wounds is generally used to limit or minimize the healing, health regeneration or life steal of one enemy champion ability such as , or . It can also weaken burst healing champions such as , , , , , , or .
- Grievous Wounds isn't useful just against champions with in-built sustain. Some champions (examples include most ADCs) can build items that give them sustain, such as , or . Grievous Wounds is also useful against them. This is important to notice especially in situations where technically there are no champions with natural sustain on the enemy team, but the enemy ADC has massive amounts of lifesteal to sustain itself during teamfights.
- On the other hand, some champions only have sustain when out of combat. This includes , , and champions that build . Grievous Wounds is not effective against those champions; the most effective way to prevent them from healing is to force them to stay in combat.
- It is important to note that Grievous Wounds also affect healing from outside sources instead of just self-healing. This is especially important against , which can use to outsustain her enemies, even if her allies don't have sustain themselves.
- Grievous Wounds, alongside , or , is a great counter to and .
- Grievous Wounds won't affect and disappears if a champion dies, though it will still be applied if a champion revives (e.g. or ).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.